The Daily for Thursday October 21, 2021

richwmn

41 minutes ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

Thank you all for your response to my Etsy site! It’s very exciting. It’s also a bit of a learning curve. Things were disappearing off the site, but I was getting no notifications. DD realized that she had set up the email for the account with her secondary email, instead of with mine. We learn as we go.

I thought I had found your site with all the hints from other posters but wanted to be sure. Thanks for the email. Congrats and good luck with your Etsy site! 👏

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

About 75 hours from now we'll be boarding our flight to Barcelona through London and then boarding the Eurodam on the 30th. Can't believe it's really happening!  We flew into Adelaide once to board a Greyhound bus for an 11 hour trip to Coober Pedy to see the opal mines. Looking back it may have been a crazy thing to do.😊

Your Bon Voyage is going to be a tough one to do since I was supposed to be on 😢. So happy that you can go and hope you have a truly wondrous cruise and a great time !  

2 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

@Quartzsite Cruiser I am so sorry about your friend and neighbor.It is a difficult  job to tell others such sad news.

My DSIL(great grandma) just sent  Camilla picture to me with eyes actually open

5927.jpeg

Those eyes were worth waiting for. Gorgeous.  Sweet little one ❤️ 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, JazzyV said:

Lots of tornado warnings in the counties surrounding me; none here so far. This is coming from Ohio, so @dfish I hope all is ok where you are.

We had tornado warnings as well.  I was sandwiched between two warnings, one north of me and one south.   Both were confirmed touch downs, but neither came close to me.    Thanks for asking!

@smitty34877 Thank you for sharing the picture of Miss Camilla.  Years from now I hope someone tells her how the Dailyites adopted her into their hearts when she was born.  And, yes @ger_77, she is exactly what we all need to see when we face the end of life.  Miss Camilla is the future.  

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Thank you both for your kind words.  While the emails were difficult, I knew they would want to know since we were all a very close group for many years.  It was the least I could do for my friend, and I know she would have done the same if the roles were reversed.

Lenda

I'm so sorry to hear of the death of your friend. Even when it's a blessing, the loss still hurts. We also live in an over 55 community and have made many friends in the short 8 years we've been here. Most of our friends have been here for over 20 years and some are starting to die, some are moving to assisted living, and some are just leaving,  and it's very sad. Lots of new young people have moved in, but because we've been locked down for so long, we're just beginning to meet them.

• Like 8

Another busy daily thread, thanks for all the information, photos and humour.

We have been to Adelaide a few times, both by ship and staying in hotels. 

@Mr. Bostonhow long will you have the temporary crown?

@ger_77 condolences on the loss of your good friend and your relative, sending hugs to you.

@Quartzsite Cruisercondolences on the loss of your good friend and neighbour, so good of you  to notify others. 

@smitty34877thank you for sharing the lovely photo of Camilla.

@grapau27hope you do not have to wait too long to have the BCC removed.

We have a pleasant sunny day, temperature 16 C.

Stay safe, take care everyone. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, St. Louis Sal said:

Today my full size electric wheelchair arrives. I’m most excited about it’s elevator seat which will allow me to navigate my kitchen without having to stand and hang on to the counter and do everything one-handed. A special thanks goes to the foundation “Team Gleason” who provided a grant for that, because Medicare doesn’t consider it a necessity. Team Gleason is out of New Orleans and was started by Steve Gleason, a former New Orleans Saints football player who has ALS. They also provided the recorder that is allowing me to bank my voice.

Great news that you have the new wheelchair, hope it helps make life easier for you.

The recorder is a good idea.

• Like 7

We Visited Adelaide while on a cruise in 2013.

Seeing it getting late in the day, I’ll just quickly post a few pictures with short comments.

The first are from Hahndorf, where they had a car rally which included several interesting cars.
image.png.dbd87f0003c20471cd8f871a09fda413.png

Noticed this restaurant, although I’m not sure about eating at a place which features a horsehead!!

image.png.124cdb6a6aa7b5c2c5a59c682f464d74.png

Another place we visited was a private ‘Joey’ rescue centre, which was very interesting. The lady running the place keeps the young joeys in her house where she lets them sleep in homemade sacks, which she has hanging throughout the house.

image.png.0982a0db0a009f1a4714c5f2afb04f71.png

image.png.a0c22743bc1c182bca76bd7b814c79a7.png

image.png.c16d3bd4386d54389faabff449268934.png

Some of our group even got put to work when it was feeding time.

832932257_joey5.jpg.8051b22b5682276f64aaf6b50d9747b1.jpg

Outside she has several pens where she keeps the older ones.

image.png.234f0a1e18e22bc62de1cf2c070c63b2.png

Without a doubt this stop was the one everybody in our tour group raved as being the best.

Edited by GeorgeCharlie
Add picture
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Lots of tornado warnings in the counties surrounding me; none here so far. This is coming from Ohio, so @dfish I hope all is ok where you are.

Always good to know the tornados are not affecting you.  Stay safe.

2 hours ago, dfish said:

We had tornado warnings as well.  I was sandwiched between two warnings, one north of me and one south.   Both were confirmed touch downs, but neither came close to me.    Thanks for asking!

@smitty34877 Thank you for sharing the picture of Miss Camilla.  Years from now I hope someone tells her how the Dailyites adopted her into their hearts when she was born.  And, yes @ger_77, she is exactly what we all need to see when we face the end of life.  Miss Camilla is the future.  

Glad you are safe too. I too am glad we have the future to celebrate in Miss Camilla, especially on a day like today.

2 hours ago, mamaofami said:

I'm so sorry to hear of the death of your friend. Even when it's a blessing, the loss still hurts. We also live in an over 55 community and have made many friends in the short 8 years we've been here. Most of our friends have been here for over 20 years and some are starting to die, some are moving to assisted living, and some are just leaving,  and it's very sad. Lots of new young people have moved in, but because we've been locked down for so long, we're just beginning to meet them.

Thank you.  After 22 years where we live now, there are not many of the original neighbors left.  We are still a community who cares and looks after each other.

1 hour ago, erewhon said:

@ger_77 condolences on the loss of your good friend and your relative, sending hugs to you.

@Quartzsite Cruisercondolences on the loss of your good friend and neighbour, so good of you  to notify others. 

Thank you for your kind comments.  I just did what I hope anyone would do in the same situation. 

Lenda

• Like 6

14 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Yesterday started out fine with us heading out for groceries and stopping for coffee before heading home.  Later in the afternoon, though, things took a turn.  First, I had a call from a cousin of mine who let me know her father had passed away - he was in his mid 90's.  He was a real sweetheart, father of 6, grandfather of 18, and great-grandfather to 22.  She said he was ready, as he sorely missed his wife who had gone to her reward 13 years earlier.

Then early yesterday evening, my life-long friend from high school messaged me that her husband has passed away in his sleep a couple of nights ago.  I was gutted with that news - I'd been the maid-of-honour at their wedding, and loved this man almost as much as I love my own husband.  He had just turned 70 a couple of weeks ago, but due to Covid, we had not been able to see them for a couple of years.  Life is so short, we just have to live each moment.

As a result of yesterday's news, I didn't sleep well, so I'm kind of wandering around in a fog this morning.  Thankfully there's nothing on the calendar for today, except to get the house ready for the crew to come and clean the furnace and vents tomorrow.  That might mean moving some furniture so they can have access, but that's about it.  I'm pretty sure there's a nap in my program somewhere today.

Oh Gerry, I’m so sorry to hear of your double loss. No wonder you were in a fog this morning. Hugs.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

Good afternoon, all! Sorry to be so late to the party. We had our flu shots this morning, then packed up and are on our way to Salt Spring. At least, we’re sitting at the ferry terminal with a four hour wait and then on our way - if the winds don’t cancel the sailings. At this point, they’re merely making everything late.

Thank you all for your response to my Etsy site! It’s very exciting. It’s also a bit of a learning curve. Things were disappearing off the site, but I was getting no notifications. DD realized that she had set up the email for the account with her secondary email, instead of with mine. We learn as we go. @cat shepardwhen she stayed with us this summer, DD heard so much about my Dailyite family that I’m sure she would be honoured to be an extended part of it!
 @grapau27Im sorry to hear about your diagnosis. Hopefully with it being caught early all will be well.

@Quartzsite CruiserI’m so sorry to hear about your loss. Having to break the news to others is even harder.

Happy Thursday. I’m sitting here looking over the grey sea and feeling the wind buffet the car. I can pretend I’m crossing the Pacific on a BHB!. -

F9D367A5-1144-4CF5-9EA3-6B88FC8A8C63.jpeg

Thank you for your kind words.

Graham.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, erewhon said:

Thank you Erewhon.

Graham.

• Like 3