Just got a call from Celebrity about an itinerary change on my NYE cruise.

Stockjock

17 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

It probably didn't hurt. Hopefully, there will finally be some "light at the end of the tunnel" for you with this NYE cruise. 😎

I did just get an e-mail apologizing for the situation.  It is indeed back to a 5 night cruise, with Key West being replaced by Nassau.  So that's great news!  I'm sure my GF will be happy, as she was disappointed by the situation.

Let me also add for anyone interested in this NYE cruise who has followed this saga, there were just sharp price reductions, especially in the Oceanview category.

Edited by Stockjock
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

I did just get an e-mail apologizing for the situation.  It is indeed back to a 5 night cruise, with Key West being replaced by Nassau.  So that's great news!  I'm sure my GF will be happy, as she was disappointed by the situation.

Yay!!! Have a great cruise!!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

Let me also add for anyone interested in this NYE cruise who has followed this saga, there were just sharp price reductions, especially in the Oceanview category.

Just be careful if looking at rates, the lower rate is Sail only rate, guarantee cabin (no drink package, wifi or gratuities).  

4 minutes ago, CPTENEYCK said:

Just be careful if looking at rates, the lower rate is Sail only rate, guarantee cabin (no drink package, wifi or gratuities).  

That's true.  I think all rates have been lowered with and without drinks.  OV now at $379 without the perks and drinks, but I still think that's a pretty reasonable price, especially for a New Year's Eve cruise.

20 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

That's true.  I think all rates have been lowered with and without drinks.  OV now at $379 without the perks and drinks, but I still think that's a pretty reasonable price, especially for a New Year's Eve cruise.

True, and those of us with Elite perks don't necessarily need the drink package.  I am seeing $399 and put a room on hold.   ETA:  Just logged in again to see if I could see the $379 and deal is gone.  I am glad I put one on hold.

Edited by FlorenceItaly
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

True, and those of us with Elite perks don't necessarily need the drink package.  I am seeing $399 and put a room on hold.   ETA:  Just logged in again to see if I could see the $379 and deal is gone.  I am glad I put one on hold.

You were smart to put that cabin on hold.  Price just increased from $379 to $619.

43 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

THANK YOU for posting the deal.  We are still mulling over.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

You were smart to put that cabin on hold.  Price just increased from $379 to $619.

I put in wrong return date with flight and thought it would work.  Now, I put in the correct one,  time home doesn't work, too long of layover.  I will only book the cruise if I can book with points.  Oh well.  I just saved some money, LOL.

• Like 1

@Stockjock I'm very glad to hear that! Believe it or not, we've been in a similar situation where there have been some changes that were far less than palatable at the time but then everything shook out well in a few days. 

Thanks, also, for the heads-up about the good deal. I'm chuckling to myself that it would've been even better to book the 4-day version and buy the drink package then. 😉 🤣

• Haha 1

And just to follow-up further, did just get a call from Celebrity verbally confirming that they are back to 5 nights and that there is only a change in the Key West stop.  However, they are withdrawing their offer for $50 pp OBC, which I thought was odd.

I asked the caller why they changed it back and she thought it was due to "customer feedback".  So if accurate, sometimes it may do some good to be a polite but squeaky wheel. 🙂

• Like 5

2 hours ago, CPTENEYCK said:

You'll likely get an update or call later today, but the redeployment has been canceled and it's back to 5-night, but with Key West being replaced with Nassau (as expected) still going to Cozumel.

Do you know what the redeployment was going to be?  

2 hours ago, kirtihk said:

Of course, it is absurd! - One must stay happy and cheerful.

It’s not absurd in the slightest. The cruise was not shortened due to Covid. Cozumel was not canceled due to Covid. They had no legitimate reason to do this, and I think that the fact that they reversed their decision in less than a week is evidence of this. The only thing that likely made them change their mind was customer feedback. So those who like to just sit back and take it, they should continue to do so because that is their lot in life.

Edited by Stockjock

15 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

It’s not absurd in the slightest. The cruise was not shortened due to Covid. Cozumel was not canceled due to Covid. They had no legitimate reason to do this, and I think that the fact that they reversed their decision in less than a week is evidence of this. The only thing that likely made them change their mind was customer feedback. So those who like to just sit back and take it, they should continue to do so because that is their lot in life.

You are making a lot of assumptions.  I doubt the number of passengers involved were enough for Celebrity to alter plans. And most certainly your post is not enough, despite you congratulating yourself to the contrary. The logistics for making changes are very complex. Its far more likely that they were able to juggle things around enough to make port changes.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Guppy99 said:

You are making a lot of assumptions.  I doubt the number of passengers involved were enough for Celebrity to alter plans. And most certainly your post is not enough, despite you congratulating yourself to the contrary. The logistics for making changes are very complex. Its far more likely that they were able to juggle things around enough to make port changes.

All I can tell you is that they reversed their decision in less than a week, and when I asked the agent if she knew why, she said that she believed the reason was due to customer feedback. I can also tell you that I wrote a note to the executive offices and I’m probably not the only one that did so.

I don’t think that any of us mind changes that are necessitated due to health considerations such as Covid. I do think we mind if a company is potentially hiding behind Covid in cases where that may not be the actual consideration.

One thing I will add is that while in my view they should not have altered the schedule in the way that they did, I think they deserve credit for being responsive, for identifying a problem, and for fixing it promptly. I think we have to give Celebrity some props for that.

Edited by Stockjock

26 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

Yes they rearranged an entire cruise itinerary because you had a meltdown.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, Stockjock said:

You did not get my comment in deep thought: it was ironical way of disagreement with what I read. On a serious note, we must stay positive in our minds to overpower frustration and annoyance in order to make sure we are not falling mentally apart under constant ruling dictating pressure: we don’t have control of what they are pushing, but we have control of our state of mind. As I say lately, I will not be annulled.

Bella Ciao, Bella Ciao, Bella Ciao, Ciao, Ciao… the day will come when all of us will work in freedom..

Voyage, Voyage…

Edited by kirtihk
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, kirtihk said:

You did not get my comment in deep thought: it was ironical way of disagreement with what I read. On a serious note, we must stay positive in our minds to overpower frustration and annoyance in order to make sure we are not falling mentally apart under constant ruling dictating pressure: we don’t have control of what they are pushing, but we have control of our state of mind. As I say lately, I will not be annulled.

Bella Ciao, Bella Ciao, Bella Ciao, Ciao, Ciao…

In other words, life is short, live it wide, many people have far bigger problems than where their next cruise ship pull in port.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

In other words, life is short, live it wide, many people have far bigger problems than where their next cruise ship pull in port.

That is true, too. Staying focused on what’s critical for each of us individually is a key. The rest will come along.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1