Over-the-door Shoe Organizers

TexasTrini

Hello, cruisers!

I love, love, love using a shoe organizer in our cabin to keep up with little things and keep clutter to a minimum. However, the hooks over the door keep the closet/bathroom door from closing properly. Does anyone have a solution for this (admittedly) small annoyance?

37 minutes ago, TexasTrini said:

Hello, cruisers!

I love, love, love using a shoe organizer in our cabin to keep up with little things and keep clutter to a minimum. However, the hooks over the door keep the closet/bathroom door from closing properly. Does anyone have a solution for this (admittedly) small annoyance?

Hang it from the hooks available in the cabin, most cruise lines have them.  Alternative - I've read that people use the pants hanger in the closet to hang it (the one with clips on it).

I'll also point out there's at least one cruise line that doesn't allow over the door organizers for just that reason - they can deform the door/frame fit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The bathroom door usually has a hook on the inside. I've used sturdy twine through the holes at the top of the organizer, then looped over the top of the door, and tied off on the door hook. Doesn't scratch the door finish the way hooks can. Or you can use heavy duty magnets to affix it to a wall.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, CrustyOldCruiser said:

A shoe organiser? Never thought of that one.

I do sometimes bring my own toilet-roll

holder, as I find it easier to use than the one provided in my stateroom.

One thing I will never be without is my trusty belt roller: a 5-inch metal bar around which I wind all my belts before placing them in the drawer. A real marvel.

The shoe organizers used in cruise cabins aren't typically used for shoes. Using the search function (or Googling it) should bring up previous threads.

On 10/22/2021 at 11:26 AM, Shmoo here said:

I'll also point out there's at least one cruise line that doesn't allow over the door organizers for just that reason - they can deform the door/frame fit.

I'm not at all surprised at that. I can see where it could cause damage.

On 10/22/2021 at 11:58 AM, mom says said:

The bathroom door usually has a hook on the inside. I've used sturdy twine through the holes at the top of the organizer, then looped over the top of the door, and tied off on the door hook. Doesn't scratch the door finish the way hooks can. Or you can use heavy duty magnets to affix it to a wall.

I love the magnet idea! I hadn't thought about it. Thank you 😀