New York Sailings 2022 and 2023

cruise4family

Has anyone noticed on the Carnival website that there is only one sailing listed departing from New York?  We have 2 cruises scheduled for 2022 from New York and they're not even listed.  Seems odd that all the NY cruises are already sold out for 2022 and 2023.  Anybody have information on this?  Thank you.

1 hour ago, shof515 said:

Check your search filters carefully. My June 2022 cruise is still listed on the website 

Carnival only sails out of New York between June and September 

They need to sail from NY earlier than June. They used to start in April. I don't know why such a short season for NY.

Laura

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Laurab23 said:

They need to sail from NY earlier than June. They used to start in April. I don't know why such a short season for NY.

Laura

its because of Norfolk,VA . All of the April and May cruises was taking away so the ship can sail out of Norfolk more often

• Like 1

10 hours ago, shof515 said:

its because of Norfolk,VA . All of the April and May cruises was taking away so the ship can sail out of Norfolk more often

I was wondering about that myself. I remember going on the Splendor in March awhile back out of NYC

Edited by matymil

10 hours ago, shof515 said:

Wow, is that really the reason?  I LOVE cruising out of West Manhattan but Norfolk is a dud.  Even though my drive time to Norfolk is 3.5 hours and to Manhattan is 4 hours.  I love cruising out of NYC because of many reasons.  One is I can spend three nights in Manhattan before the cruise to really enrich the vacation.

6 hours ago, matymil said:

I was wondering about that myself. I remember going on the Splendor in March awhile back out of NYC

I remember a time when the Splendor did year round cruising out of NYC. This was around 2013-2014. That was the best. The itinerary during the winter months was horrible with nassau, freeport and the Port Canaveral but it still great to be on a ship overall

• Like 1

7 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Wow, is that really the reason?  I LOVE cruising out of West Manhattan but Norfolk is a dud.  Even though my drive time to Norfolk is 3.5 hours and to Manhattan is 4 hours.  I love cruising out of NYC because of many reasons.  One is I can spend three nights in Manhattan before the cruise to really enrich the vacation.

And simply the most fantastic sail away for pics of any homeport on the states,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shof515 said:

I remember a time when the Splendor did year round cruising out of NYC. This was around 2013-2014. That was the best. The itinerary during the winter months was horrible with nassau, freeport and the Port Canaveral but it still great to be on a ship overall

A shame it never sold, they took a beating in winter months.  You will not see that happen again.