Few newbie questions QV

jimbo1683

My cruise on QV is 13 months away so I'm assuming this is why information when I log into Cunard is limited. It does mention that excursions become available from 1 year in advance but oddly the excursions are there and available to book already). Can you tell me:

- at what point  and where, do i choose an embarkation time (or will i just be allocated a time?)

- when i made the booking i was not asked about dining but i notice the reservation confirmation tells me i requested a table of 6 which i assume is a default. I am in Club. When and how do i change that to request a table for 2?

- will Cunard offer any discounts on parking at Southampton nearer the time or should I just go ahead and book that?

- where is the champagne afternoon tea served and how much is it? (Not the included one in the Queens room)

- the website tells me that speciality dining and spa are available to book onboard only. I've read on Princess cruises about the need to run to The Sanctuary immediately on embarkation to have any hope of getting a booking, what is the spa booking experience like on Cunard?

The online portal is pretty pathetic too - you're better off dealing with a competent agent. We book our  dining time and table size on booking.  However Britannia club maybe different - we were in steerage ie Britannia. 

Embarkation times are chosen for you - pre Covid everyone was given the same time - 2 hour queue - very bad start. But who knows what the protocols will be in 1 month never mind 13 

Didn't book a spa-  but there were  ads for it everyday in the daily newsletter so I can't see it was a problem.  

We have a cruise for next October and some of those excursions are now available - but some not  - depends on the country. 

2 hours ago, jimbo1683 said:

My cruise on QV is 13 months away so I'm assuming this is why information when I log into Cunard is limited. It does mention that excursions become available from 1 year in advance but oddly the excursions are there and available to book already). Can you tell me:

If you could allow me to talk generally with numerous experience with Cunard sailings.

We too have a sailing on the QM2 11 in months and counting from now

- at what point  and where, do i choose an embarkation time (or will i just be allocated a time?)

As mentioned before, embarkation time is assigned by the Line to space out the influx of passengers to the terminal. Under these times, we too are waiting till it is mentioned on the tickets when issued to us even though we are only 12 minutes away from the Brooklyn Terminal for our sailings. We hope things will relax more in the 11 months.

- when i made the booking i was not asked about dining but i notice the reservation confirmation tells me i requested a table of 6 which i assume is a default. I am in Club. When and how do i change that to request a table for 2?

We too on the QM2 are in the Club Britannia and made our request as always for 2 when we booked the sailing. And on our confirmation, we do have a confirmed Table for 2.

- where is the champagne afternoon tea served and how much is it? (Not the included one in the Queens room)

As a courtesy, we are being given a Champagne Afternoon Tea by our TA so I can’t inform you for the price. I know when booked, you will be informed to enter thru a certain doorway on board to a particular section of the Queen Room to be served.

- the website tells me that speciality dining and spa are available to book onboard only. I've read on Princess cruises about the need to run to The Sanctuary immediately on embarkation to have any hope of getting a booking, what is the spa booking experience like on Cunard?

Unfortunately in the past but maybe this time, we have not tried the specialty dining as of yet. We also haven’t used the spa also since we are not spa users.

Please look forward to your cruise on the QV. We too are watching our countdown clock which will come before you know it.

Edited by BklynBoy8

Usually, if you book the Cunard Fare or whatever they are calling it currently, you get a choice of free parking, some obc, or free coach travel. So I should check on this.

For the speciality dining, I usually wait to see what cuisine they are doing which night, and then try and check whether I am missing something terribly exciting on the restaurant menu, before I book.

i should try and sort out the table for two asap, just for peace of mind, though I suspect in BClub, you should be able to sort it the day of boarding.

28 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Usually, if you book the Cunard Fare or whatever they are calling it currently, you get a choice of free parking, some obc, or free coach travel. So I should check on this.

For the speciality dining, I usually wait to see what cuisine they are doing which night, and then try and check whether I am missing something terribly exciting on the restaurant menu, before I book.

i should try and sort out the table for two asap, just for peace of mind, though I suspect in BClub, you should be able to sort it the day of boarding.

Yeah when we booked there wasn't free parking, obc etc because they had an offer on cabin upgrades instead (sea view and balcony were the same price and club was only £100 more than balcony) the value of which i considered to be greater than the offers i had seen previously.

2 hours ago, jimbo1683 said:

I booked direct not through a TA

Same principle even when booking direct they should have asked you what size table you want and if you booked Cunard Fare and not Early Saver Fare like exlondoner says you should have been offered a choice of OBC, free coach travel or free parking while on your cruise. Never known any other offers where you are excluded from these offers if you book Cunard Fare. I should certainly ring them and confirm you want a table for 2 and ask the question about OBC, coach or free parking see what they say. I am also hoping that you have picked your stateroom number so you know where it is on the ship.

8 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Same principle even when booking direct they should have asked you what size table you want and if you booked Cunard Fare and not Early Saver Fare like exlondoner says you should have been offered a choice of OBC, free coach travel or free parking while on your cruise. Never known any other offers where you are excluded from these offers if you book Cunard Fare. I should certainly ring them and confirm you want a table for 2 and ask the question about OBC, coach or free parking see what they say. I am also hoping that you have picked your stateroom number so you know where it is on the ship.

Thank you. Table size was not an option during the booking process. Yes i have selected my room. It is a cunard fare. Here is the benefits stated as follows

Screenshot_20211024-145736_Chrome.jpg