Changing reservation how does this affect deposit and double points?

Breezers

I booked a cruise for next year, before the end of the double points. I am thinking about pushing the cruise back a couple weeks. I booked a refundable deposit. If I change the date of the cruise to a new date, will the reservation be modified or cancelled and rebooked?  I tried to call, but they most close earlier than they used to.  Will I have to pay a new deposit and wait for the original deposit to be returned?  Do you know if the double points would remain?

You can call and they will keep the same reservation number and the same monies to date on the new sailing.   This can be done with a refundable or non refundable deposit.

I have done this a couple of times but I do think you will lose double promotion.  But maybe you'll get lucky since they will keep existing reservation. 

Edited by Sunshine3601

I was told (for whatever that’s worth) that if you keep the same reservation number you will get the double points. But, we’ve yet to sail the couple cruises we changed. The double points aren’t life changing to us, if it was on a 274 world cruise then yes I would care more. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I had a cruise booked for 12/5/21 under the double points promo. The price went down on the week prior by $800. I wanted to move my booking by one week to 11/28/21. They let me move the deposit but I had to make a new booking and lose the double points offer.  That was my experience. Yours could be totally different. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, neverbeenhere said:

I was told (for whatever that’s worth) that if you keep the same reservation number you will get the double points. But, we’ve yet to sail the couple cruises we changed. The double points aren’t life changing to us, if it was on a 274 world cruise then yes I would care more. 

I really hope this is true, since I had to move a B3B from 2022 to 2023, plus I’m a solo traveler, so that’s a lot of points. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

I really hope this is true, since I had to move a B3B from 2022 to 2023, plus I’m a solo traveler, so that’s a lot of points. 

Yes, this is true.  RCCL cancelled one of my cruises last week, and the options for moving the cruse didn't work, since I was already booked with them at the time.  Waiting for an FCC didn't work, either, because the replacement cruises are b2b and I had to get my cabin booked for both.  So, I had to go for a refund, which cancelled the reservation number.  I called about double points, and was told if I Shift and Lifted, or FCC'd, I would be eligible with the original booking number.  But, I'm booking solo, also, and the replacement cruises are longer, and my points to get to the next C&A level are still OK.

9 hours ago, crzndeb said:

Sadly, the Double Points Promotion is only for cruises that sail by 12/31/2022, so your 2023 cruises won't be eligible.

• Like 2

Just to update following call to Royal, with mixed responses. After being transferred to Loyalty desk, the agent said, yes I could keep my double points if I switch ships, dates, etc. The change must meet the original requirements, including sailing before 12/31/22,  with modification (not cancel and rebooking) to my existing reservation.  The deposit was simply transferred to the new booking. Thanks for everyone's help.  It seems like the reservation agents like to confuse us with different answers.

1 hour ago, DragonOfTheSeas said:

I was interested in this answer, too.  We have been thinking of changing our balcony reservation for next summer to a JS.  Same ship, date, res # etc.  We were wondering if this would still qualify for the double points.  Would be a lot of points for a JS.

I made a modification to my reservation today and they told me that as long as the booking number remains the same I would get the double points.