Bringing Hair Dye

LadyZolt

5 hours ago, Hogbay said:

Can afford a world cruise but cannot afford to go to a hairdresser. 🤣🤣

It's not always about the money. 

I currently have nineteen cruises booked over the next 14 months, but I haven't been to a hairdresser in over a decade, because it's hard to find one who understands the concept of letting a woman choose her own hair length.  (Do you know how many times "just a trim" ends up cutting off two years' worth of growth?) 

Ditto for finding someone who understands how to work with naturally curly hair.  And I imagine that finding a good colorist is equally challenging.  And if you have a particular shade/brand of color you prefer to use, some "professional" hairdressers may not be willing to work with that product.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Hogbay said:

Can afford a world cruise but cannot afford to go to a hairdresser. 🤣🤣

As another poster said, there are reasons why some people prefer to do their own hair even on an expensive cruise when it is obvious that everyone aboard could afford a stylist.  Glad you were entertained by this thread!    😉 

1 hour ago, LynnForestgate said:

May I ask, is it because of this, that you have chosen the username "Brillohead" ?

Yes, my hair resembles a rusted out Brillo pad!  (Redhead with naturally curly (3C) hair.)  

After swearing off hairdressers and shampoo over a decade ago, my hair is now in the best condition of my life, and reaches down to my butt (previously, the longest I could ever get it was just past my shoulders).

• Like 1

On 10/27/2021 at 11:33 PM, MJSailors said:

That is why I would plan to tip the Steward generously if he/she would need to clean the bathroom and deal with towels with dye on them.😉

that's great, but just be aware, hair dye does not come out of soft surfaces.  My years in the hotel business have taught me that.  Carpet and towels would likely be ruined.  Towels are a minimal loss.  Carpet will likely result in a fee for damages.  

• Thanks 1

Pretty sure I’ve bought hair dye before… I remember not having time to do it before and doing it as soon as we boarded, though it was a few years ago. I also brought this old robe that I always wear when coloring my hair so as not to ruin their towels. 

• Like 1

I learned to dye my own hair during the pandemic.  I do still go to a colorist intermittently but can now do it myself.  

Yes I’d take my own.  Maybe one old towel.  Not quite understanding how some seem to think it’s so messy.  I’ve stained a towel but that’s it.  Take a nice brown one and it won’t even show.  Send it out with wash and fold.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dahirsh said:

that's great, but just be aware, hair dye does not come out of soft surfaces.  My years in the hotel business have taught me that.  Carpet and towels would likely be ruined.  Towels are a minimal loss.  Carpet will likely result in a fee for damages.  

Who the heck does hair dye outside the bathroom (where there is no carpet)???

• Like 1

On 10/26/2021 at 1:31 PM, poocher said:

I tried that (once).  Saw a video suggesting condition first then shampoo.  Yeah, no. Maybe with a different type of hair but it was a mess for me.

I tried it once in a hotel when I went on a trip but did not have time to get to the hairdresser.  I would recommend taking at least one dark towel. 

On 10/25/2021 at 5:54 PM, LadyZolt said:

Hi, everyone!  I just booked the "ultimate world tour" and I'm sure I'll use the salon sometimes, but I searched and am unable to find if one can bring boxed hair dye (like Nice 'N Easy or Clairol, etc.) aboard the ship.  Is this a permitted item?  Anyone know?  Thanks!

Oh I find this very ironic and this is a joke of some sort people asking if they’re bringing hair dye to have their hair colored on a long cruise.If you can afford to spend thousands of dollars on a cruise pay for tips pay for excursions I can’t believe you’re most concerning is about bringing a box hair dye on the trip if you can I spend that much money for a trip I can’t believe you can’t afford to go to a hairdresser on the trip and get your hair colored what you bring on the trip it’s nobody else’s business unless it’s a contraband item so I don’t see any problem with bringing your own shampoo and hairspray whatever else you need I just think it’s unbelievable that you have enough money to go on a world cruise for over 100 days and you’re worried about nickels and dimes that sounds very silly to me

12 minutes ago, goldengirl said:

Oh I find this very ironic and this is a joke of some sort people asking if they’re bringing hair dye to have their hair colored on a long cruise.If you can afford to spend thousands of dollars on a cruise pay for tips pay for excursions I can’t believe you’re most concerning is about bringing a box hair dye on the trip if you can I spend that much money for a trip I can’t believe you can’t afford to go to a hairdresser on the trip and get your hair colored what you bring on the trip it’s nobody else’s business unless it’s a contraband item so I don’t see any problem with bringing your own shampoo and hairspray whatever else you need I just think it’s unbelievable that you have enough money to go on a world cruise for over 100 days and you’re worried about nickels and dimes that sounds very silly to me

holy-run-on-sentence-batman.jpg.34a2d852a758361140d2696da26da6a8.jpg

• Haha 3

41 minutes ago, goldengirl said:

Really?  This opinion from someone who wants RC to provide free testing at the cruise terminal?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, goldengirl said:

Oh I find this very ironic and this is a joke of some sort people asking if they’re bringing hair dye to have their hair colored on a long cruise.If you can afford to spend thousands of dollars on a cruise pay for tips pay for excursions I can’t believe you’re most concerning is about bringing a box hair dye on the trip if you can I spend that much money for a trip I can’t believe you can’t afford to go to a hairdresser on the trip and get your hair colored what you bring on the trip it’s nobody else’s business unless it’s a contraband item so I don’t see any problem with bringing your own shampoo and hairspray whatever else you need I just think it’s unbelievable that you have enough money to go on a world cruise for over 100 days and you’re worried about nickels and dimes that sounds very silly to me.

Maybe because I want MY brand and MY color. 

You do you, I'll do me.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Really?  This opinion from someone who wants RC to provide free testing at the cruise terminal?

there is no comparison between bringing your hair dye on aa world cruise and a covid test . you can are going on the world cruise and you ask a question bout hair dye you are going to need a large supplyfor that  may weeks. a covid test is required by the cruise line. so yes why should passengers need to bring there own results if they are going to do it free for kids? sounds unfair to me. maybe you have been coloring you hair to long and its gotten into your brain lady??? it is something how people have no shame in the game and feel like they can say all these things, because they hide behind the internet. would you say all this crap to peoples faces???? these posts I think are just entertainment to most

48 minutes ago, uncleboo said:

there is no comparison between bringing your hair dye on aa world cruise and a covid test . you can are going on the world cruise and you ask a question bout hair dye you are going to need a large supplyfor that  may weeks. a covid test is required by the cruise line. so yes why should passengers need to bring there own results if they are going to do it free for kids? sounds unfair to me. maybe you have been coloring you hair to long and its gotten into your brain lady??? it is something how people have no shame in the game and feel like they can say all these things, because they hide behind the internet. would you say all this crap to peoples faces???? these posts I think are just entertainment to most

If you're going to post from two different user names, you could at least TRY to hide that fact.  

Thing1 and Thing2 are both on my IGNORE list -- I'm done with your foolish games.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, goldengirl said:

First, I never said that hair dye was what I was "most concerned" about.  I was asking if it's permitted because I didn't know the answer.  I thought someone on here might.  That is the purpose of these boards.  Second, a good tip for a thread is reading *all* of the answers.  I already said *everyone* taking this cruise can afford to go to the hair salon aboard the ship.  It isn't about the cost.  Third:  As you said, if one is bringing aboard a contraband item, it is something others should be concerned about.  I wasn't sure if it would be prohibited.  Thus -- the reason I asked the question.  Lastly -- consider that there might be a personal reason someone might want to do their own hair.  Respect other people.  You do not know anything about me. 

-LadyZolt

On 11/6/2021 at 12:25 AM, uncleboo said:

On 11/5/2021 at 9:32 PM, goldengirl said:

On 11/5/2021 at 5:57 PM, Heymarco said:

That would be the second thread @goldengirl has done that on today. She started another one, answered her own question (forgot to switch accounts maybe?), and then criticized others who were trying to help. I think you are on to something!

Troll alert.  Looks like goldengirl and uncleboo are one and the same...

Glad I'm not on his/her cruise!

• Like 2

On 10/26/2021 at 12:55 PM, brillohead said:

I've used shampoo maybe half a dozen times in the past decade.  It's really unnecessary, and quite damaging especially for curly hair.

I have very curly hair and always use shampoo without issue. Mine happens to be very fine and salt and pepper, and I use no styling products, I don't even have to brush it as every curl does what it wants and looks great. Only took me 63 years to find the right stylist. 

• Like 1