The Upsell Fairy Does Exist!

PrincessPatti

2 minutes ago, PrincessPatti said:

Just scored what I think is an awesome deal for the Mardi Gras sailing this Saturday.  Went from a balcony to an Ocean Suite for $128 — $64 per person.  Same deck, just the opposite side of the ship.  Getting more and more excited!!!!!

Like my friend Charlie said, "Winning!"

• Like 2

I have their phone number in my contacts and I am hoping that they call. I cruise next week and then again at the end of the month and in December. I’ve only had the upgrade fairy call me once. Have you spent money pre-cruise already? I’m trying to figure out what triggers them to call.

I had a cruise booked last year that of course cancelled, but one day when I logged into my cruise planner I had an upgrade offer there.  I think we moved from a balcony on deck 6 to a spa balcony on 12 for maybe $100.  I keep checking my planner and hoping for that offer again.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, txgal08 said:

I have their phone number in my contacts and I am hoping that they call. I cruise next week and then again at the end of the month and in December. I’ve only had the upgrade fairy call me once. Have you spent money pre-cruise already? I’m trying to figure out what triggers them to call.

I booked one shore excursion the day before yesterday, as well as Cheers.  I have also seen them under my to do list when I have logged in.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, J&L~SetSail said:

I wonder if it makes a difference if you book direct instead of through a travel agent.  My guess is that it does. 

It does not other than a TA will answer for you.  The UpSell Fairy is only about that the cruiseline needs your original stateroom for someone else or it is being taken out of service.  For example, if you have a connecting stateroom and the other cabin is not linked to your booking, the cruise line wants to sell both staterooms to someone else.  

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, PrincessPatti said:

I booked one shore excursion the day before yesterday, as well as Cheers.  I have also seen them under my to do list when I have logged in.  

Interesting! They time I got upgraded was when I had the Cheers package. 

48 minutes ago, aggie0811 said:

I had a cruise booked last year that of course cancelled, but one day when I logged into my cruise planner I had an upgrade offer there.  I think we moved from a balcony on deck 6 to a spa balcony on 12 for maybe $100.  I keep checking my planner and hoping for that offer again.

Thanks for mentioning the planner. I never knew it could show up there!