Another “LIVE from the Edge” thread??? Yes it is…….

mac_tlc

On 11/5/2021 at 4:58 PM, mac_tlc said:

For those of you interested in such things, the entire Retreat Concierge team will be moving around in the coming months.

Houssain, Joao, and Amber have been on Edge since the restart. 

Houssain has two more cruises then vacation and will be joining the Silhouette in January. 

Amber and Joao will stay another month. After vacation, Amber will join the Equinox. Joao does not know his next assignment. Before the shutdown, his wife was also a crew member, but she has not come back yet. Hopefully everything will work out for everyone. 

No word on who will be joining the Edge. 

mac_tlc

Joao and Amber are both wonderful.  Never interfaced with Houssian much.  All the concierges will do everything within their power to provide just about anything you request.

This week there are about 1300 on board.  Our boarding time was 12:00.  We are in a sky suite and arrived at 11:30.  We were onboard at 11:45.  Ship is beautiful and staff are very friendly and helpful.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

We have done a JS,GS,CLS and AQ suites on Royal ships. The Suite lounge at least on Oasis class is very good as is Coastal Kitchen. On Edge, the Retreat area is a step up —- mainly because the ship was designed for it. The lounge is spacious and awesome with large door to ceiling windows on one side and an outdoor seating area on the other. The retreat is deck is huge with a pool, bar and food. 

I think Luminae is a bit better than Coastal Kitchen. Dress is casual every night. We like to get dressed up a couple nights and I wore a suit and tie both nights. Some did, more didn’t. My only “ding” on Luminae is that the menu has fewer choices than the MDR and on Edge-class it hard —- but not impossible—- to get stuff off of the main dining room menus. The atmosphere is relaxed, and a bit more subdued than CK which I find sometimes to be a bit chaotic and loud. 

The ship is stunning, and as we also get older, we find th e size more manageable.  We have done Oasis ships probably 10-12 times and the size is getting a bit big. Edge is a perfect size. 

The live music has been tremendous with a good variety. The shows in the theatre were excellent. The group last night, Bailiamos, was one of the best I have ever seen on a ship. Such energy!!

In summary, I think you will like Celebrity Edge class. We have been making the same move you are contemplating.

BTW —- How Hawaiian😜😜😜

mac_tlc 

Thanks for the info. We just want something better for the amount of money we spend on suites. I will have to do more research.

On 11/6/2021 at 7:32 AM, mac_tlc said:

We have done a JS,GS,CLS and AQ suites on Royal ships. The Suite lounge at least on Oasis class is very good as is Coastal Kitchen. On Edge, the Retreat area is a step up —- mainly because the ship was designed for it. The lounge is spacious and awesome with large door to ceiling windows on one side and an outdoor seating area on the other. The retreat is deck is huge with a pool, bar and food. 

I think Luminae is a bit better than Coastal Kitchen. Dress is casual every night. We like to get dressed up a couple nights and I wore a suit and tie both nights. Some did, more didn’t. My only “ding” on Luminae is that the menu has fewer choices than the MDR and on Edge-class it hard —- but not impossible—- to get stuff off of the main dining room menus. The atmosphere is relaxed, and a bit more subdued than CK which I find sometimes to be a bit chaotic and loud. 

The ship is stunning, and as we also get older, we find th e size more manageable.  We have done Oasis ships probably 10-12 times and the size is getting a bit big. Edge is a perfect size. 

The live music has been tremendous with a good variety. The shows in the theatre were excellent. The group last night, Bailiamos, was one of the best I have ever seen on a ship. Such energy!!

In summary, I think you will like Celebrity Edge class. We have been making the same move you are contemplating.

BTW —- How Hawaiian😜😜😜

mac_tlc 

Great summation!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, vickykay said:

Do you get a boarding time when you do the check in on the app?  Thanks.

Yes, although Suites can arrive one hour earlier. When we got there at about 12:10, there were no lines for suites or others. 

mac_tlc

On 11/6/2021 at 9:04 PM, Espn said:

Thanks for the info. We just want something better for the amount of money we spend on suites. I will have to do more research.

My wife and I our RC people too but did go on Summit right before the pandemic hit.  We are also likely to cruise on Edge in July on a Med cruise.  

To sum it up, we liked many things with Celebrity as did the couple we travel with.  The lack of children was a big one for us. We also loved the Martini bar and the food seemed to be better than RC.  It clearly has a more polished feel throughout.

We are going on Oasis in Dec and are looking forward to it because the one thing that I thought Celebrity lacked at least on Summit, was limited choices for live entertainment and everything shuts down early.   We are hardly night owls but on vacation, we like to live a little.  Clearly the demographics are different because there were very few couples under 40.  

We were on the EDGE b/b in Oct. & the only drawback we could find is they did not post the the dinner menues outside the resturants. We had to go to each one & ask what they were serving. Outside of that a GREAT ship.

george35

14 minutes ago, george35 said:

We were on the EDGE b/b in Oct. & the only drawback we could find is they did not post the the dinner menues outside the resturants. We had to go to each one & ask what they were serving. Outside of that a GREAT ship.

george35

That's not something that's done and all you had to do was speak to the host at the reservation desk to look at a menu, just like any land based restaurant. Or you could have looked at the phone app since all the menus for the whole cruise is listed on the app and in fact you can see it even before you set on the ship. 

18 minutes ago, george35 said:

george35

Weren’t the menus for all of the restaurants listed in your Celebrity app under Dining and the applicable restaurant?

Like @kwokpotjust said. 😎

Edited by Ken the cruiser

Finally uploaded my picture to FLIKR. 

Here is the link to the 10/30/21 sailing:

Celebrity Edge - 10/30/2021 Western Caribbean | Flickr

For those interested, here is the link to my pictures from the 7/31/21 Edge sailing too :

Celebrity Edge - 7/31/21 - Eastern Caribbean | Flickr

Thanks for following !!!!

mac_tlc

• Like 2

Great pictures, mac_tic!!  We'll be in an S1 SkySuite in February.  I noticed that in one of the balcony pictures, you had a lounger in addition to the two chairs and side table.  Did you have to request it or was it already there?  Thanks!!

Frederick

So a follow up question about the menus. How far in advance do they post the menus for the four included restaurants in the app? We are 3 1/2 weeks out and starting to plan our days so used the app to look at (most) of the menus for Blu and Luminae to compare and decide where to try and go each night. But I’d also like to take a look at the others and see what’s on offer in case there is something I like better:) 

In the app, Cosmopolitan and Cyprus do not show a menu option at all, Tuscany and Normandie show only Day 1 dinner, and say” Venue Closed” for the other days. 

I wondered if this was a problem just for me on my Galaxy S21, as the app also does not allow me to upload our vaccination cards, but I asked DH to check on his IPhone 13  and he gets the same thing.

So I am definitely with george35 on this, I wish they would have the menus posted outside. I have never been on a ship that didn’t do that. Do they at least allow you to see them on the ship TV from your cabin? Or will they all be available on the app by the time we board? 

3 hours ago, fsdorado said:

Great pictures, mac_tic!!  We'll be in an S1 SkySuite in February.  I noticed that in one of the balcony pictures, you had a lounger in addition to the two chairs and side table.  Did you have to request it or was it already there?  Thanks!!

Frederick

The lounger was already there.

mac_tlc

23 hours ago, KathyL2537 said:

So a follow up question about the menus. How far in advance do they post the menus for the four included restaurants in the app? We are 3 1/2 weeks out and starting to plan our days so used the app to look at (most) of the menus for Blu and Luminae to compare and decide where to try and go each night. But I’d also like to take a look at the others and see what’s on offer in case there is something I like better:) 

In the app, Cosmopolitan and Cyprus do not show a menu option at all, Tuscany and Normandie show only Day 1 dinner, and say” Venue Closed” for the other days. 

I wondered if this was a problem just for me on my Galaxy S21, as the app also does not allow me to upload our vaccination cards, but I asked DH to check on his IPhone 13  and he gets the same thing.

So I am definitely with george35 on this, I wish they would have the menus posted outside. I have never been on a ship that didn’t do that. Do they at least allow you to see them on the ship TV from your cabin? Or will they all be available on the app by the time we board? 

I believe I was able to view them about two weeks out. They will certainly be available when you board. If you are in a suite, the Retreat Lounge has then all out for viewing. I have never asked but I bet the retreat on either can get you the menu for any restaurant for any day. 

mac_tlc

Just now, mac_tlc said:

I believe I was able to view them about two weeks out. They will certainly be available when you board. If you are in a suite, the Retreat Lounge has then all out for viewing. I have never asked but I bet the retreat on either can get you the menu for any restaurant for any day. 

mac_tlc

Thanks Mac! That will be great. We are in a Sky suite so looking forward to the Retreat, will look for menus while we are sipping cocktails 🙂

On 11/3/2021 at 5:37 PM, mac_tlc said:

😂😂😂😂😂

In most cases, that is not a coincidence. I will typically wait for a shot until there are no people in it, like the Nachi pool pictures. I have always thought that, unless I know them, the pix look better without people in them, especially around the ship.  Of course, it’s a little easier now with the lower capacity

mac_tlc

AHHHHH...we LOVE Nachi Cochum & were sad we couldn't go this summer!!

• Like 1

On 11/6/2021 at 11:45 AM, mac_tlc said:

Thanks for following! We are driving up to Orlando for 6 days at our house there, then fly back to CT on Friday.

Thanks for this...SO SO sad we weren't on it with you.

Still contemplating Oct. 2023 (don't worry--3 already booked from March 2022-Jan 2023, with potentially a 4th, but on 4 different lines!)

On 11/10/2021 at 5:30 PM, KathyL2537 said:

Having the same issue for a cruise in 8 days on iphone 🤷‍♂️