what happens if OBC is added ?

herbanrenewal

I got a port cancellation notice for my TA in December. It says "As a result, all reservations will receive a $150 onboard credit, which will reflect on your onboard account at $75 for the 1st and 2nd guest in the stateroom. This will be automatically applied to your onboard account."

Does this mean as  solo cruiser who already paid double for my room I will only get half the remuneration for this change in schedule?

That's most likely what means.  I've not heard of any cruise line giving double to solos in this case.  My cruises have been on HAL and in this case my credit would be $75.  Doesn't matter that I'm paying a higher fare - although even as a solo I'm sure the people in suites and the penthouse are paying more than me & they also only get $75 each.

Sue/WDW1972

• Like 1

I don't know what line you are on so I can only answer for Princess. Your experience may vary on other lines.

Solo cruisers pay double for cruise fare but single for port charges / taxes / fees. Solo cruisers receive double OBC as part of a promotion but single for military / shareholder / Captains circle benefits. 

In the OP scenario, applicable port fees for the skipped port would be refunded to the payment method. If Goodwill OBC are given in addition to port fees being refunded, the OP would receive 150 nonrefundable OBC. That has been my experience on 33 solo Princess voyages. 

If that is not the case on a Princess cruise, contact your PVP  to correct it

Edited by Ombud

46 minutes ago, Ombud said:

@herbanrenewalcan you let us know who you booked with and did you get 150 or 75 OBC??

According to my NCL agent (I booked directly with NCL) I only get 75. But on a copy of account to date it looks like I get 150,  I’m still not sure.

Im currently in Lisbon. My son is working here til the end of the month.
I’m not checking in on CC or any other board or social media so just happened to see this today.

• Thanks 1