are ships sailing full now?

ddled

5 hours ago, TheBucketLister said:

That was probably for the 4-day right?  The 3-days on Freedom and Mariner have been running close to 70-80% capacity for the month of October.  I was on three Freedom cruises in October and the 3-days were 2800 and 3300 and the 4-day was 1200. 

At this point I don’t think Royal is limiting capacity as much as there just aren’t enough people willing to book the cabins.

Correct it was a 4 day Weekday trip.

7 hours ago, TheBucketLister said:

That was probably for the 4-day right?  The 3-days on Freedom and Mariner have been running close to 70-80% capacity for the month of October.  I was on three Freedom cruises in October and the 3-days were 2800 and 3300 and the 4-day was 1200. 

At this point I don’t think Royal is limiting capacity as much as there just aren’t enough people willing to book the cabins.

We sailed on the Mariner a few weeks ago. We did the 4 night and the 3 night. We had 1700 with 260 kids on the 4 night and 2300 with 360 kids on the 3 night. The Freedom was on the same sailing itinerary. On Coco Cay I met someone from the Freedom. They had 1000 with a lot of kids. I also spoke to someone on the 3 night and they had 3100. 

We couldn't get on early dining for the 4 night until after we boarded and we ended up on the non-vax floor. Every single table had a child or children under the age of 12. We got assigned to the vax floor for the second part of the cruise. This floor had no children but there were absolutely no open tables and it wasn't because of distancing. It was so busy and so full that it felt pre-pandemic.

There is no question that cruising is coming back. 

2 hours ago, Heymarco said:

protocols would start being adjusted on Jan 15 when CDC CSO becomes optional

The CDC CSO is already optional for ships  arriving in, located within, or departing from a port in Florida, due to the Preliminary Injunction Order, entered by the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida on June 18, 2021.

45 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

It’s a game of politics. It’s in Royal’s best interest to follow the CDC guidelines until the CDC decides they are optional, not some random Florida judge. Nothing major will change before Jan 15th 😉.

I don't disagree with anything you just said. It is still the case that the CDC CSO is today optional with respect to Florida sailings.

I really respect the cruise lines that are starting off small. It seems like it will encourage people to cruise, the more cruises that sail successfully. 

About the three day being more full than the four day, I remember years ago that was the case out of California because the three day is over the weekend when more people are off from work and can go.

6 hours ago, Seville2Cabo said:

So why are the 3 nighters more full than the 4 nighters? Just would not think the difference would make a difference

Three nighters are over the weekend, so less time having to be taken off from school and work.  Plus on the 5 cruises that I have taken in October (all out of Florida) the overwhelming majority of people have been Florida residents.

Edited by TheBucketLister
  • Like 1