are ships sailing full now?

ddled

We are on LIberty over Thanksgiving. Usually it is sold out well in advance. This year there were cabins last time I looked. Are the ships full right now, or are they still partial?  Anyone sailed Liberty recently? How was it?  Thanks

1 hour ago, ddled said:

We are on LIberty over Thanksgiving. Usually it is sold out well in advance. This year there were cabins last time I looked. Are the ships full right now, or are they still partial?  Anyone sailed Liberty recently? How was it?  Thanks

No....you can probably expect 50-70%

4 hours ago, ddled said:

We are on the Liberty right now.  There are 1845 pax aboard according to the Loyalty rep out of 4400 max.  Therefore about 40% right now.  I was told by a TA aboard that we met that they hope to get to 50% by the end of the year.  RCCL is taking it slowly to avoid another catastrophic shut down by the CDC.  Other line are doing the same. 

6 hours ago, ddled said:

No, not sailing full

I’ve been on 3 cruises (June, Aug, Sept) since cruising started again and each one was about 25% capacity.  I loved it!  You got to know more passengers, there were no crowds and you didn’t have to wait for elevators!  I know it’s going to increase but we’ll see how fast.  I’m on Anthem in 2 weeks and it may be more crowded than my other cruises. 

I wonder what they’re going to do with increasing numbers but continuing with the social distancing protocols. At some point they’re going to have to add back tables in the food venues, loungers on the outside decks and chairs in the theaters. We sailed at about 50% on Oasis and it felt full in the sense that available chairs, restaurants and show venues and reservations were full.

45 minutes ago, cindivan said:

Someone on the allure this week said that they were told their capacity was 2900. Max is 5400, but it would hardly get to that because that’s if every room is maxed out with every bed full. But still more than half

~5400 is at full double occupancy; that does not include 3/4/5 berths.  

Capacity
  • 5,484 passengers at double occupancy
  • 6,780 maximum

https://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/fact-sheet/20/allure-of-the-seas/

Edited by Another_Critic

14 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

Richard Fain said more than once that they want 100% capacity by the end of the year, including a recent interview on CNBC that aired about half an hour ago. If capacity is anything less, it’s due to lack of interest.

Depends on the ship I would guess. Navigator isn't going to go from around 40% on Nov 19 to 100% a few weeks after that. I could see the ships that started up first and are now up to around 70% jumping to 100% in the next couple months. 

Keep in mind that the real limit , I would think, are the boarding protocols in place now, where only a certain number of passengers can be processed in each 1/2 hour time slot.  It would be impossible to get any ship to the full capacity in the time available.

Edited by mo&fran

On 10/29/2021 at 1:38 PM, Jerseygirl1416 said:

I wonder what they’re going to do with increasing numbers but continuing with the social distancing protocols. At some point they’re going to have to add back tables in the food venues, loungers on the outside decks and chairs in the theaters. We sailed at about 50% on Oasis and it felt full in the sense that available chairs, restaurants and show venues and reservations were full.

THIS!  We had a great sailing on Allure last month with 2400 people but felt that if they went even up to 3K with the current protocols, distancing, hand washing stations, etc. that it would be a mess.  They'll have to scale up operations if they also want to increase capacity. 

We sailed in June on the AOS and had less than a thousand people. There were times it was great, but also times when it felt empty with nothing really going on and I love the night life better than the day life so I have mixed feelings about it. Next June we're going to Alaska so I think that one would be perfect if under capacity due to the lack of outdoor activities keeping the inside activities full. 

On 10/29/2021 at 11:48 AM, alexgtp said:

Was on Freedom 3 weeks ago. Only 1200 passengers on board.

That was probably for the 4-day right?  The 3-days on Freedom and Mariner have been running close to 70-80% capacity for the month of October.  I was on three Freedom cruises in October and the 3-days were 2800 and 3300 and the 4-day was 1200. 

At this point I don’t think Royal is limiting capacity as much as there just aren’t enough people willing to book the cabins.

Edited by TheBucketLister
Wrong percentage
  • Like 1