Royal-up Success? When did you find out?

cindivan

I have submitted Royal-up offers several times and never been successful. (Possibly because I’m just not willing to spend a bunch extra because I usually book a room I’m happy with and feel like I don’t really have a chance anyway).

We are cruising on Sunday and submitted a bid that was a bit more than I might normally bid, hoping that the low capacity might help. 

For anyone that has been successful, when did you hear? I realize it might be different for everybody. But just curious to see the differences 

Edited by cindivan

54 minutes ago, cindivan said:

I have submitted Royal-up offers several times and never been successful. (Possibly because I’m just not willing to spend a bunch extra because I usually book a room I’m happy with and feel like I don’t really have a chance anyway).

We are cruising on Sunday and submitted a bid that was a bit more than I might normally bid, hoping that the low capacity might help. 

For anyone that has been successful, when did you hear? I realize it might be different for everybody. But just curious to see the differences 

You should always book the cabin or suite that you want, on celebrity which is similar I was notified that we went from a small suite to penthouse two days before sailing. 

Got notified Thursday for Sunday departure on Allure. Went from Boardwalk Balcony to Superior Ocean View Balcony on the forward hump.

Only drawback to such late notice is that all scheduled deliveries to the original cabin do not automatically get switched.  We have experienced that previously with the Upgrade Fairy but expected Royal to have a better plan for the Royalup program. The Loyalty Ambassador and Concierge and Hotel Floor Supervisor worked diligently to rectify but it took until day five for 90% of the items to be done. Not what one would expect when paying $450 more for a cabin!

Edited by Scotty G
Clarfy
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Scotty G said:

Got notified Thursday for Sunday departure on Allure. Went from Boardwalk Balcony to Superior Ocean View Balcony on the forward hump.

Only drawback to such late notice is that all scheduled deliveries to the original cabin do not automatically get switched.  We have experienced that previously with the Upgrade Fairy but expected Royal to have a better plan for the Royalup program. The Loyalty Ambassador and Concierge and Hotel Floor Supervisor worked diligently to rectify but it took until day five for 90% of the items to be done. Not what one would expect when paying $450 more for a cabin!

Last months sailing on Odyssey I received my Royal Up about 4 days prior to sailing and all my amenities and water and such I ordered were sitting in the new cabin on embarkation day.

• Like 1

Mine's interesting.

We are also leaving Friday. Also in the JS. We are on Freedom.

We had the option to bid on the RS, OS, GS1, & GS2. If you did a mock booking, there was no RS available. 2 OS, and like 9 GS1, might have been 1 GS2, but I put in bids on all 4 anyway.

For the last couple weeks, all but the OS showed as Expired, with the OS as Pending. And I was locked out from any changes. Even as of yesterday, there was still 1 OS, and 6 GS1.

Today I checked and now the OS shows as "Upgrade Unavailable", all the other ones have returned to "Pending", and I can modify all of them, including the one that says unavailable.

I wanted to check a mock booking, but I guess you can't book a cruise that's only 5 days away, it's not listed anymore. (soonest cruise is a week from Monday).

So not real sure where we stand. Oh well, it's only 3 nights.

I've never done Royal Up before, but I tried it for my December cruise.  2 of them say "expired" and one is "pending."  I'm not sure what "expired" means.... maybe they don't have those rooms left?  

Good luck on  yours! Hope you hear something soon.