Transatlantic for canadians

vana

Hello, 

We will be on a transat in 10 days. Lisbon to Miami. Trouble is, it's only 12 nights. We read somewhere that a 14 days period applies for foreigners to enter the USA after leaving a European country? 

some journalist in montreal was denied boarding a plane to Miami (from Montreal) because she returned from France 5 days before. The said she needed to wait 14 days before flying to the states. 

scary…. 

I'm trying to get some more infos. If you have any, let me know, 

have a great evening, 

22 minutes ago, vana said:

Hello, 

We will be on a transat in 10 days. Lisbon to Miami. Trouble is, it's only 12 nights. We read somewhere that a 14 days period applies for foreigners to enter the USA after leaving a European country? 

some journalist in montreal was denied boarding a plane to Miami (from Montreal) because she returned from France 5 days before. The said she needed to wait 14 days before flying to the states. 

scary…. 

I'm trying to get some more infos. If you have any, let me know, 

have a great evening, 

A Celebrity TA had to exclude all non-US residents as passengers as it's arrival date in the States was before the 8th. In your case, arriving after the 8th you are fine.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, broberts said:

Thank you for quick answer. When I read the US visa news and the presidential Proclamation I thought it was only for air travelers. Here’s what REUTER says

Starting Nov. 8, the United States will admit fully vaccinated foreign air travelers from the 26 so-called Schengen countries in Europe, including France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Switzerland and Greece, as well as Britain, Ireland, China, India, South Africa, Iran and Brazil. The unprecedented U.S. restrictions have barred non-U.S. citizens who were in those countries within the past 14 days.

happy to read that, let’s start packing 🤗

3 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

A Celebrity TA had to exclude all non-US residents as passengers as it's arrival date in the States was before the 8th. In your case, arriving after the 8th you are fine.

Thank you… when we saw the news today about the journalist we started freaking out but I remembered seeing something about it. Could only find something about air travelling. 

have a great evening

• Like 1

Freaking out is the common scenario for most people right now in regards to vaccinations and testing.  So many rules, regulations, "what ifs", "ya buts", and different scenarios it's hard to keep track of and it is changing weekly, if not daily right now.  And this is if you are double vaxxed:)  Hopefully the various testing procedures and guidelines are relaxed in the next few months and all testing is done via fast/quick optigen across the board valid for 48-72 hours across the board globally.  Hope so anyway:)

2 hours ago, CHOPPERTESTER said:

Sure, local ads with resident rates way below market value just to fill up the ship for onboard revenue. Good if you can get it.

Thanks.  This explains how a friend of mine from the San Juan area gets last minute, jaw-dropping deals on repositioning cruises that end in Puerto Rico. 

1 minute ago, Cruisin 4 Ever said:

I'm Canadian and going on a transatlantic in a few months. Any Canadians cruising now? I'm wondering how do I get insurance for covid when Canada hasn't lifted the travel advisory against travel

Hello, 

got mine at Blue cross and it’s good for one year travel. I think the deal ended this week, but have a look, they do insure cruise passengers. 

Transatlantic are best 😁

probably have done 10 so far ,

have the Celebrity Apex book in April FLL to Amsterdam and the RCL Voyager Copenhagen to Boston in September 

would like to do a Transpacific someday 

We Westbound more than Eastbound , like to tour Europe first than than veg on the ship 😁

2 hours ago, Airbalancer said:

Transatlantic are best 😁

probably have done 10 so far ,

have the Celebrity Apex book in April FLL to Amsterdam and the RCL Voyager Copenhagen to Boston in September 

would like to do a Transpacific someday 

We Westbound more than Eastbound , like to tour Europe first than than veg on the ship 😁

Hello, 

We also loooove transat. Also did a Transpacific from Japan to BC. Waited, and waited for something like the Gulfstream weather to kick in… it never came. We were in early may. Around 2 degree in the morning 😳 Ask some director about it, he said « where do you think we are Vana? It's freaking Siberia ». It was indeed 😂

Sticking to transat from then on 🥴

have a great day, 

2 hours ago, vana said:

Hello, 

We also loooove transat. Also did a Transpacific from Japan to BC. Waited, and waited for something like the Gulfstream weather to kick in… it never came. We were in early may. Around 2 degree in the morning 😳 Ask some director about it, he said « where do you think we are Vana? It's freaking Siberia ». It was indeed 😂

Sticking to transat from then on 🥴

have a great day, 

I noticed you were on the Conny for the Suez Canal cruise in April 2017 , what a great trip 

I would do that one again 

I loved the black out nights at the Sunset bar and going to Petra 

40E62D48-C0A9-4B2F-8B0C-194946B1CF9B.jpeg

AAE5D668-CD62-4031-97A8-752493B7E788.jpeg