onboard covid testing

Do we get Covid testing before the end of our cruise? I am struggling to find information about this online. We fly back to Canada after disembarking so we will need negative tests. I'm just unclear if I have to buy tests to self administer a day or two before our cruise ends. If they do test, what kind of test is it - PCR or molecular? Can anyone help? Even just to point me in the right direction for the information on the official RC website.

Thanks!

Yes, and they will give you the test that you require.  Make sure your let customer services know early in the cruise what your requirements are, keeping in mind that PCR test can required a much longer time to produce than the Antigen test. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, canadian girl 77 said:

Do we get Covid testing before the end of our cruise? I am struggling to find information about this online. We fly back to Canada after disembarking so we will need negative tests. I'm just unclear if I have to buy tests to self administer a day or two before our cruise ends. If they do test, what kind of test is it - PCR or molecular? Can anyone help? Even just to point me in the right direction for the information on the official RC website.

Thanks!

The ship’s medical staff or contract testing firm will administer a complimentary test to fly home. It will be an antigen rapid test or PCR test depending on the requirements of your home country. Email and hard copy results will be provided to you. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, goldengirl said:

I Wonder If they will do that for me too as after my cruise I plan to get on a plane to go to another country and I will need to test us is there a number anybody. Ask or talk about this as we’d like to know ahead of time

On Royal Caribbean website: 

Prior to Disembarking
Vaccinated guests who require a COVID-19 test for re-entry into their country may receive one onboard as well. Guests will be notified onboard about how to register for this test.

On 11/7/2021 at 11:39 PM, Liverpoolfan181 said:

On Royal Caribbean website: 

Prior to Disembarking
Vaccinated guests who require a COVID-19 test for re-entry into their country may receive one onboard as well. Guests will be notified onboard about how to register for this test.

Our five-night cruise leaves and returns to Port Canaveral, FL.  Since we are driving from/to TN, do we have to have an onboard C-19 test if we are both vaccinated?  If so, is that at an additional fee or included in the cruise fare?

Thanks.