2 day Covid test requirement

jmill6036

We sail Saturday and have booked Rapid tests at CVS and back up at Walgreens several hours later.  On Thursday. Still nervous about it but I am confident we will get it done.  That said I have read there is is local places you can get the rapid test.  There is a mobile can near the port in Miami amid a place in the Miami airport.  Just do a search for rapid tests in the port city you are using.  

On 11/6/2021 at 1:45 PM, jmill6036 said:

Does anyone else think that the 2 day Covid test requirement for vaccinated passengers is a little rushed. I'm sailing on Allure this Monday (11/8). I took my test at CVS this morning. They say that I should have the results in 1-2 days. I'm stressing that I won't have the results by Monday, so I tried to schedule an appointment on the day of sailing at the port. I clicked on the RC link for the appointment which showed there were 317 tests available for Monday. For whatever reason, the site would not let me complete the appointment. I've been on with RC for 1:45 minutes trying to get an appointment with no luck. The RC rep could not tell me why I couldn't complete the process. Very frustrating!! I think there should be at least a 3 day window of opportunity for testing. 

Too stressful. 

Do the "home" tests as recommended by Royal Caribbean. 

• Like 1

As a vaccinated traveler you technically have 3 days. The two days before the cruise and the day of the cruise. Definitely go with the rapid test options if you are concerned about time.

Kids get three days before the cruise to test and CANNOT receive their pre-cruise test on the day of the cruise. Then on cruise day they have to get another test.

It looks like based on the RCCL investor call that come Jan 16 the protocols may become voluntary for RCCL at which point some of the testing requirements may or may not be relaxed.

12 hours ago, Harrylinden said:

Did you do it on your computer or on your phone? I would like to do it on my computer as it has a bigger screen. I know we have to scan a QR code but I not sure how to scan it on a computer? Can I just register online on my computer to take the test or do I have to scan the QR code to rsgister to take the test?

You hold the test up to the computer camera and they read the QR code on their end.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CrazySeal said:

A few questions:

Does CVS charge for the test?
Can the at-home test be done with a phone camera?
Thanks

It is free at cvs. They want your insurance, but if none it doesn’t matter. 

yes to phone camera, but have to make sure you have a way to prop up the phone and hold it steady. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Harrylinden said:

Did you do it on your computer or on your phone? I would like to do it on my computer as it has a bigger screen. I know we have to scan a QR code but I not sure how to scan it on a computer? Can I just register online on my computer to take the test or do I have to scan the QR code to rsgister to take the test?

Purchase and connect a Web cam with microphone  to your desktop computer and you should be set

On 11/6/2021 at 1:56 PM, Junkhouse said:

Yes, the only way to go.  The last cruise we went on, one person said they didn't get their results until after they landed the day of the cruise while their spouse got their results the night before.

We had to have the test taken the day prior to the F1 race.  Four of us, scheduled the test at around 9 in the morning at Walgreens.  3 of us had results within an hour.  I didn’t get my results.  The Walgreens I went to knew I was negative, but I had to talk directly to the pharmacist to get the results resent.  It was stressful, and made the DW and I a little late to Friday practice.  That said, the results at Walgreens were almost instant.

18 hours ago, travelhound said:

Testing fully vaccinated passengers is excessive.  Most public venues are moving to show proof of vaccination or a negative test if you are unvaccinated.  Testing everyone is not a sustainable protocol.

Everything else is getting back to normal. The cruise lines need to get this changed. Vaccinated airline passengers are now allowed from some parts of Europe.

Edited by B113
  • Like 1

I'm starting to get a little stressed about our tests needed for our Nov. 28 cruise. We have the emed binaxnow tests in hand, and will probably try to schedule rapid tests at CVS as well. My concern is that we'll be doing this on the busiest travel weekend of the year, and if the remote test folks and CVS aren't staffed up for a surge in demand things may get backed up. 

That said, there's nothing we can do about it except plan for as many contingencies as possible, then hope for the best.🤷

We did an antigen test with CVS befoe our Alaska cruise. It wasn't done in store or drive through. There was a separate room only accesable from the parking area, with a representative of some kind that witnesses the test and called within 15 minutes. We had out e-mail in 30. i don't know if all CVS's are the same way.

18 hours ago, B113 said:

Everything else is getting back to normal. The cruise lines need to get this changed. Vaccinated airline passengers are now allowed from some parts of Europe.

Some countries have allowed vaccinated passengers without testing for many months.

Bulgaria opened this was in about April and Romania in early June.

Two days is very impractical and hard to do. Most cvs and walgreen in my area can not guarantee results that quickly.  Those of you who go to cvs or Walgreens do you tell them it’s for a cruise? Do they make you pay or bill the insurance? Yes it is excessive if you have to wear a mask and also have proof of vaccination 

4 minutes ago, goldengirl said:

Two days is very impractical and hard to do. Most cvs and walgreen in my area can not guarantee results that quickly.  Those of you who go to cvs or Walgreens do you tell them it’s for a cruise? Do they make you pay or bill the insurance? Yes it is excessive if you have to wear a mask and also have proof of vaccination 

So order and use the in-home emed test.

• Like 1

On 11/8/2021 at 1:26 PM, jerseygirl3 said:

If you do a rapid antigen test 2 days prior  and it comes back positive (antigens are notoriously inaccurate vs PCR), can you then do a second test, and if it’s negative, discard the first one? 

Yes, but you will have to answer the screening testing about testing positive.  Sticky wickets that. 

On 11/6/2021 at 5:39 PM, ThisGirlsOnFire said:

do you have to make an appointment at CVS?

No, I live in Southern California. I have Kaiser health insurance. I have tested at Kaiser & CVS. Just wanted to add my experience.

🙂🙂

Bobbi 

We just got off the simuplated cruise for Navigator of the Seas and had this condition. We decided to try the Royal options through Abbott labs at home. Did have to pay for it and it took a couple of days to get the package. Then you go on line and do the test. It worked well and took about 30 minutes. In the future we will use CVS as we used them for a cruise in August and got the test back in time. At this point where we live the testing options over a weekend were very busy and why we just decided to try the other option. We don't think the time is out of quetsion under the current conditions in our area. We are going back on the second week of December and will use CVS. Happy sailing to all.