Anybody onboard currently?

takemewithyou

Had a very good meal in Prime C tonight. Im saving myself for the crab cakes later in the cruise!! We ordered off the chefs special . Had the seafood to start and the  5 oz Filet mignon which came with fondant potato  and a tomato and spinach garnish, we ordered  steak chips and broccoli as a side. Finished with a cheese plate.
The included Merlot was very good also.  Maybe Im easily  pleased , but no complaints from us tonight.

480C42D9-98A0-4146-A026-00F8E8858C9F.jpeg

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, combine said:

Had a very good meal in Prime C tonight. Im saving myself for the crab cakes later in the cruise!! We ordered off the chefs special . Had the seafood to start and the  5 oz Filet mignon which came with fondant potato  and a tomato and spinach garnish, we ordered  steak chips and broccoli as a side. Finished with a cheese plate.
The included Merlot was very good also.  Maybe Im easily  pleased , but no complaints from us tonight.

480C42D9-98A0-4146-A026-00F8E8858C9F.jpeg

Glad you had a good meal - that was the same specials menu they had in Aqualina, I did enjoy the Bisque although the lobster meat was not chunks

30 minutes ago, combine said:

Does it change every night Anne ?  
we are not lobster lovers so its wasted on us. 

I certainly saw it one night and I know someone else saw it another - but that might just be coincidence.  Will be interested to hear what you discover

4 hours ago, combine said:

Does it change every night Anne ?  
we are not lobster lovers so its wasted on us. 

Just wondering, can you access the future Chef’s Specials menus on your stateroom TV, like you can all the other MDR and Specialty menus?

3 hours ago, JWayne60 said:

Just wondering, can you access the future Chef’s Specials menus on your stateroom TV, like you can all the other MDR and Specialty menus?

Just had a quick look on the  tv and no there is only the regular available menu for the Speciality restaurants . Presume it changes depending on what is available, although all food is probably onboard for the whole of the trip. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, combine said:

Sorry to hear that @HalifaxYorksCruiservery hit and miss. 
We arrived at port at 1.25 thinking we would join the queue for our 2pm slot.
We got tested,  checked in and we were sitting in windows cafe with a glass of red at 14.05 . 
much quicker  than we had expected. 

hope the bar is keeping up with you ! 

I suspect that we hit peak arrival time at the terminal. A few Vodka Martinis in The Living Room last night soon cheered me up 😄

• Like 5

7 hours ago, SunnyNy said:

For those onboard now, are you finding that the outdoor dining venues are open for most meals?

According to todays ‘Insider’ the Patio is not open this evening. This may change but only open today from noon to 5pm. Breakfast outside at windows opened at 7.30am 

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, combine said:

According to todays ‘Insider’ the Patio is not open this evening. This may change but only open today from noon to 5pm. Breakfast outside at windows opened at 7.30am 

Excellent you could have outside breakfast- our pleas worked for you! 

• Like 7

Cruise critic meetings not working for me. First week only me and one other couple in the Drawing Room. This week daily list showed it as in Discoveries bar at 6. We sat with one other couple but the room was full and many were waiting to go in restaurant.  
in the past we received a written invitation in the room but no longer.

13 minutes ago, Mrs Miggins said:

Cruise critic meetings not working for me. First week only me and one other couple in the Drawing Room. This week daily list showed it as in Discoveries bar at 6. We sat with one other couple but the room was full and many were waiting to go in restaurant.  

That’s a shame, might be worth raising it with the CD

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Mrs Miggins said:

On our April 5 Quest cruise, it was held in the Drawing Room at 5 p.m. on embarkation day-same time as sail-a-way! There were about a dozen people there, but the only way we knew about it was because someone had given a heads up on this board to check the schedule. 

7 hours ago, combine said:

I hope they would open Patio for dinner. It was one of my favorite places to enjoy a nice dinner on an open seating.

Ivi

• Like 2

When on  Quest this winter patio was rarely home at night.same with windows.  Limit choices in restaurants. Seems to more choices in europe.

all the CC parties were at 6 at night.I never went.I was unpacking or enjoying sail away 

2 hours ago, wjfan417 said:

On our April 5 Quest cruise, it was held in the Drawing Room at 5 p.m. on embarkation day-same time as sail-a-way! There were about a dozen people there, but the only way we knew about it was because someone had given a heads up on this board to check the schedule. 

That’s a shame. Would like the opportunity to meet my fellow CC cruisers!

3 hours ago, wjfan417 said:

Yes, we missed it - and I should know to check the daily!  But at 5 we were still getting things to work in the room.

I cannot work out if it is post covid, or because so much more focus on the other place, but the get togethers do not seem to have the same enthusiasm from the cruise lines or some cruisers

Edited by uktog
  • Like 2

The cruise vlogger Gary Bembridge of Tips for Travelers was on the Quest cruise that just wrapped up (Barcelona to Rome.). He will be doing a video review in the future but today he did a Q & A live stream that is also available to watch answering questions about Azamara.

edited to add: I am watching it now. Some people are really going off topic. 

Edited by MNgardens
  • Like 4

23 hours ago, travelberlin said:

I hope they would open Patio for dinner. It was one of my favorite places to enjoy a nice dinner on an open seating.

Ivi

It’s our favorite,too. They probably need to get closer to being fully booked to have enough staff to have it open. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JoAnneV said:

It’s our favorite,too. They probably need to get closer to being fully booked to have enough staff to have it open. 

I really hope that they do not wait until other cruisers decide to cruise in order to provide us, cruisers now, with a full onboard experience. As I have posted before, we are in a way with our bookings helping the cruise line to continue its business. We shall not be treated like second class citizens because it is not fully booked. We are paying handsome cruise prices.

Ivi

• Like 2