Anybody onboard currently?

takemewithyou

29 minutes ago, uktog said:

Nigel Marvin has been on a few times. An interesting presenter - some say like Marmite, love him or not. I’m ok with him though some of his tv series there’s a bit of an ego
Thanks for clarifying the buffet was for all. It’s an important balance that has to be struck! 

The lunch today with Lee was mainly just a chance to meet, make sure everyone is OK and his role and offerings. So I don’t believe it’s a special meal. We will see.

• Like 2

It turned out to be a set menu and time was changed to accommodate a conflict with Cumulative Trivia which is a trivia competition for entire voyage. It was interesting to watch though we are not on a team. The officers including Captain and HD are part of their team the “Drivers.” These are the hard core Trivia players. Questions were hard.

The lunch turned out to be a fully set menu which ran late and which the Segment 10 briefing was scheduled. So that was rescheduled until tomorrow. All issue were handled efficiently.

Dinner in Prime C tonight and Ship Cast entertainment.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Cooper2020 said:

I am sure you will enjoy the World Cruise.  On New Years Eve I saw your ship docked next to ours  (Regent Mariner) and could see the White Nights set up on deck as we left port . It looked splendid - I so wanted to be back there, I love Azamara.   Counting the days until I join Onward in March for 35 nights. Hong Kong to Dubai.  Enjoy your happy place and have a most fabulous time.

Looking forward to hang you enjoy our Azamara family.

Onward is in Puerto Limon, Costa Rica today. Everyone will be back onboard for our 3:30 departure. We will be sailing for our Panama Canal transit tomorrow. We will overnight in Panama then our second day will be followed by White Night before sailing. Might be a tad warm out on deck.

Glad they cancelled Educador with it its current 60 day State Of Emergency.  
We have been to Puerto Limon a few times so we elected to stay onboard. We had the entire pool to ourselves.

Officers BBQ was at 12:30 and the ships orchestra will be performing for sail away. We ate a lite lunch as we are dinning at the Chefs Table Italian dinner in Aqualina. 
Last night’s performance was from VOXX the four British tenors. Great show.Tonight our Den pianist Marty Lake  entertains in Cabaret with a Tribute To Elton John.

Yesterday I walked into Cabaret when Cumulative Trivia. Was surprised to see Captain Karl hosting when Eric had other duties.

I believe Captain Karl is leaving in Lima and Captain G. Will take the helm. Captain Karl will rejoin later in cruise.

We booked a triple back to back this morning for 62 days sailing next January from Miami to Miami on a South American, Rio Carnival and Antarctica cruise.

Life is good on the Azamara Onward World Voyage.

image.thumb.jpeg.3394dbb98a3e88e8b9abe66669ce066f.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.d58d470894729b6ec2b202bbf3395603.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I had a great day in CR.Bob set up a group we a private company. We started shortly after 8 ..list went from a church .sloths,bananas,boat ride,beach pictures and a market. It was great.Thanks Bob.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Roel94 said:

Thought it was strange doing the BBQ today vs a sea day. I stop there at times for salad and a potato.

Only six days left this segment. They’re trying to get everything done before Lima. The decision to cancel Ecuador was a sound decision with today’s news of violence and country in State Of Emergency.

Just now, aliaschief said:

Only six days left this segment. They’re trying to get everything done before Lima. The decision to cancel Ecuador was a sound decision with today’s news of violence and country in State Of Emergency.

Bruce

I feel like cruise is on speed.Normally it on a sea day which we have after tomorrow. The canal day is 13 hours but on speed as far as going all over ship to take pictures in the locks.i am happy I grab a salad or ice cream. But I done it before so  I like the part from Bridge of America’s to the end.

15 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Onward is in Puerto Limon, Costa Rica today. Everyone will be back onboard for our 3:30 departure. We will be sailing for our Panama Canal transit tomorrow. We will overnight in Panama then our second day will be followed by White Night before sailing. Might be a tad warm out on deck.

Glad they cancelled Educador with it its current 60 day State Of Emergency.  
We have been to Puerto Limon a few times so we elected to stay onboard. We had the entire pool to ourselves.

Officers BBQ was at 12:30 and the ships orchestra will be performing for sail away. We ate a lite lunch as we are dinning at the Chefs Table Italian dinner in Aqualina. 
Last night’s performance was from VOXX the four British tenors. Great show.Tonight our Den pianist Marty Lake  entertains in Cabaret with a Tribute To Elton John.

Yesterday I walked into Cabaret when Cumulative Trivia. Was surprised to see Captain Karl hosting when Eric had other duties.

I believe Captain Karl is leaving in Lima and Captain G. Will take the helm. Captain Karl will rejoin later in cruise.

We booked a triple back to back this morning for 62 days sailing next January from Miami to Miami on a South American, Rio Carnival and Antarctica cruise.

Life is good on the Azamara Onward World Voyage.

image.thumb.jpeg.3394dbb98a3e88e8b9abe66669ce066f.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.d58d470894729b6ec2b202bbf3395603.jpeg

I believe it is CD Eric that leaves in Lima.

Capt G will start with us in Tahiti.  I could be wrong but Capt G has told us this since sailing with him this summer and in FLL just a week ago.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Travelingwithstyle said:

I believe it is CD Eric that leaves in Lima.

Capt G will start with us in Tahiti.  I could be wrong but Capt G has told us this since sailing with him this summer and in FLL just a week ago.   

Carl told us he'd be leaving in Tahiti.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, aliaschief said:

State of emergency now also in Papua New Guinea. Certainly doesn’t sound good there either 

• Thanks 2

Our first White Night had the ship rocking with not waves but dancing and guest enjoying the evening. Due to weather the entertainment was held in Cabaret. The buffet was outstanding as usual. We will have our Equator Crossing Pollywogs celebration at 1:30 tomorrow afternoon. The morning started off with gray skies and intermittent rain but it is now clearing with smoothing sea. Nigel our Naturalist is busily pointing out wildlife, pods of dolphins and one rare bird is hitching a ride with us to Peru. Even the Captain came down to see and photo our stowaway.

Life on Onward is pretty much perfect. Have a good day.

• Like 12

I wandered during White Night to the Living Room and dance my heart out.

From there a brief stop in den.Marty great but music to low key for me.

The peaceful sea day found me back sleeping before I eat my breakfast. I must of needed 

Poll was lovely..some live music but no canned stuff.

No special Equator Crossing yet..think that is tomorrow. I love watching that.

Been across several times.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Onward will cross the equator around noon today and King Neptune is scheduled to hold court. In Panama City the chefs visited the local seafood market and today’s lunch will be grilled seafood BBQ around the patio. 
Last night after a lovely meal in Aqualina we were entertained by the orchestra’s lead guitarist Emilio Varra. Did the classics from guitarist legends such as Santana, Clapton and Berry. It was a wow show. Shows the depth of talent onboard.

WeFi has been good. We have the advanced connection and we have faced time and watched video.

Life is great on the World Voyage.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Onward will cross the equator around noon today and King Neptune is scheduled to hold court. In Panama City the chefs visited the local seafood market and today’s lunch will be grilled seafood BBQ around the patio. 
Last night after a lovely meal in Aqualina we were entertained by the orchestra’s lead guitarist Emilio Varra. Did the classics from guitarist legends such as Santana, Clapton and Berry. It was a wow show. Shows the depth of talent onboard.

WeFi has been good. We have the advanced connection and we have faced time and watched video.

Life is great on the World Voyage.

I was amiss about Emilio Valle. Turns out he was a guest entertainer. He has one more show. Can’t wait.

Could you please confirm if the MDR is open for dinner at the evening of the white party? My experience was that the MDR and also the specialty restaurants are open at that evening for those who do not want to eat at the buffet of the white party. But on a thread in another cruise line, a fellow cruiser says that only the buffet is available. 
Thanks 😊 

10 minutes ago, travelberlin said:

Could you please confirm if the MDR is open for dinner at the evening of the white party? My experience was that the MDR and also the specialty restaurants are open at that evening for those who do not want to eat at the buffet of the white party. But on a thread in another cruise line, a fellow cruiser says that only the buffet is available. 
Thanks 😊 

MDR and Prime C ( but not Aqualina) are open on WN

• Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, travelberlin said:

Thanks 😊 

I do know Aqualina was closed on White Night.