Anybody onboard currently?

takemewithyou

Hello.  I’m currently on a BtoB on Onward from Fort Lauderdale to Tahiti and have enjoyed the cruise immensely.  I’ve met and befriended many folks on the full world cruise and enjoy their company.  I’m part of a progressive trivia team with six world cruisers and play trivia in the Den and the Living room almost everyday sitting anywhere seats are available without issue.  I have had no negative experiences doing the first two segments of a world cruise and believe I’ve benefited from Azamara upping its game for these great itineraries.

Here are a few pics from our last port-of-call at Easter Island.

Regards, Paul

IMG_5728.jpeg

IMG_5732.jpeg

IMG_5821.jpeg

IMG_5842.jpeg

IMG_5865.jpeg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

On 1/23/2024 at 7:47 AM, uktog said:

Was that menu offered to all guests and how was it advertised- I would certainly have enjoyed a proper Al Fresco experience- I know you can on the buffet but I’m not a buffet person I don’t like jumping up and down and prefer full service 

It was for everyone.called  Dining Under the Stars. With live music.

today we had Aussie food everywhere for lunch. There a special dinner for WC guests next up set up on deck 5. No theme that I know of.there will be lots of dinners,more pool lunches

On 1/25/2024 at 5:09 PM, uktog said:

Is the Chefs Signature Dinner the same price as a Chefs Table?

Yes it was..all sea food then cheese and a sweet. Some wines are not to my liking but the food excellent. They are trying new menus weekly Abd more specials.

4 hours ago, laurieb said:

Please don’t let one person’s experience one time dampen your excitement for your own cruise. The people on your cruise won’t be the same as on that cruise.  Go and have fun, join trivia if you want and enjoy the den.  And burn up that dance floor!

Agree 

Sounds like a very different dynamic which is great to read. I also think Azamara will hopefully have learned a lot of lessons from the first time. They knew they had issues then 

• Like 1

We were on a segment during the 2018 World Cruise and the dynamics were exactly the same as any of the other 18 Azamara cruises that we have taken.  In fact, we met many of the world cruisers and have cruised with some of them since.  They were a lovely group of people and we never noticed anything different.  Certainly never felt like an outsider looking in.  Judging from the posts from the current world cruisers, it would seem as though they are equally as nice and welcoming.  For the most part, Azamara cruisers are a nice, friendly bunch who are enjoying traveling and meeting new people.

• Like 17

8 hours ago, uktog said:

Agree 

Sounds like a very different dynamic which is great to read. I also think Azamara will hopefully have learned a lot of lessons from the first time. They knew they had issues then 

I think that is why it is so important to have current information from those guests onboard now.

What happened 6 years ago is no longer relevant considering all the personnel involved then are no longer with the company (however I acknowledge you had a different experience than the other 2018 World cruisers who have posted).

Another day at sea as we sail to Pitcairn Island tomorrow. Tonight will be our third night of turning our clocks back. Another day of naturalist Nigel Marven’s great lectures, another cooking demo, maybe some pool time.

Roy our Asst. CD served the Sizzling dogs yesterday followed by singing some Australian Classics during Australian Day.

Tonight our orchestra does Big Band Era performance followed by our CD Martin Lawson performing.

Life is good.

image.thumb.jpeg.8a99770b400fdb9a463fa8159ee7e1aa.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.6bf062eb88f30e9445ddf8af8b9bedbc.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.56352a6b582cc56583a1e404bc810ab1.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.31bcd1f5f13ddf303a5937ef7b1d042d.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.aa25071f6cbd78bc7ae0902195c8eb3a.jpeg

• Like 11

Many of the World Cruise cumulative trivia teams need players each new segment, since many players are only on for a few. Only have to have a couple world cruisers per team so you should still check it out, there will be teams needing players!

Edited by hilo4030
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, hilo4030 said:

Many of the World Cruise cumulative trivia teams need players each new segment, since many players are only on for a few. Only have to have a couple world cruisers per team so you should still check it out, there will be teams needing players!

We’ll be joining for Tahiti to Auckland leg if any team needs new players 😉

4 minutes ago, Kiwifruit said:

We’ll be joining for Tahiti to Auckland leg if any team needs new players 😉

The “United Nations” team will have at least 3 vacancies starting in Tahiti and there are 4 New Zealanders remaining on the team.  Regards,  Paul

• Like 1

Captain Carl and crew did a great job of getting many folks ashore to visit Pitcairn Island despite large swells. Several locals came out to ship to sell some wares. Only around 35-40 now reside on this very remote island and there are no young children. Most of the residents are close or already being pensioners which brings up question whether this is last generation? The lady who gave a presentation on life on island was a descendate of Fletcher Christian.

One of our fellow guest asked our Executive Chef Sri if he could do an Indian Rice Table. Voila it happened and 10-12 of us enjoyed an authentic and delicious Indian dinner.

We now are turning our clocks back an hour every night. Tomorrow we’ll be on Hawaiian time. Two sea days and we will be visiting Fakarava where an Azamazing Day event is scheduled for this segment.

There has been some gastro type cases onboard so self serve has been stopped and pools and hot tubs shut down today. Hopefully, these measures can put a stop to it.

So far cloudy skies and a slight swell makes for smooth cruising today.

This has been a wonderful cruising experience.

image.thumb.jpeg.115ed526f114e3c895cdc77368537928.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.95c9b1ee27de42729868516e73b57d5a.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.75f0967b6f84e80b976da7d5588119ad.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.134e5a683150fe0fb72f669b57fb22b9.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.9f82a9f38cdb28d2f4e33b39a3f0ff38.jpeg

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 8

Our Azamazing Day in Fakarava, French Polynesia was not so amazing but the locals were friendly and happy to see us. It was hot so we went for a swim. That was refreshing but the small coral scrape I got on my leg attracted a shark to arrive and check out what was bleeding in it’s lagoon. That was the end of swimming. We really did not have enough time here to plan much of anything.

Marty the piano man onboard did a great tribute to Sir Elton John last night with the ships orchestra. That show was followed by a couple of songs from the guest chorus then Roy Asst. CD put on a great show of old time rock and roll classics.

Having a great time no matter where we end up going or not going.

image.thumb.jpeg.cd3df4b2df5aa00af94839edd0d3d3c0.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.4837af7dbdf2bfaa6f7499234570fcde.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.599192d49700632871e4f11a851ba5bc.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.2a64af00e56c117ef7659639d81f4376.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.8ebb1bb1557738e70ef287ce826c0ca1.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

@aliaschief beautiful photos!  thanks for sharing your photos and stories.  Beautiful clear water!!!

I'm not a big fan of sharks, despite years of diving and seeing them often.  I don't think sharks are more dangerous in French Polynesia than any other places, but it sounds like they are protected and the reefs are healthy.  Just follow good science-based advice and enjoy the water!

• Like 1

Hello Onward World Cruise passengers!

Wondering  if some kind person could help several of us on the 01 March segment Sydney- HKG?  

Do you know if we have to organise our own visas for PNG, or does the ship get a blanket visa for all on board?  We’re getting conflicting advice from Azamara and TAS around the world. 

Thanks in advance. 

Just now, cruisingaussies said:

Wondering  if some kind person could help several of us on the 01 March segment Sydney- HKG?  

Do you know if we have to organise our own visas for PNG, or does the ship get a blanket visa for all on board?  We’re getting conflicting advice from Azamara and TAS around the world. 

Thanks in advance. 

We're on the World Voyage and we had to get our own visas for PNG

On 1/31/2024 at 4:20 PM, aliaschief said:

Our Azamazing Day in Fakarava, French Polynesia was not so amazing but the locals were friendly and happy to see us. It was hot so we went for a swim. That was refreshing but the small coral scrape I got on my leg attracted a shark to arrive and check out what was bleeding in it’s lagoon. That was the end of swimming. We really did not have enough time here to plan much of anything.

Marty the piano man onboard did a great tribute to Sir Elton John last night with the ships orchestra. That show was followed by a couple of songs from the guest chorus then Roy Asst. CD put on a great show of old time rock and roll classics.

Having a great time no matter where we end up going or not going.

image.thumb.jpeg.cd3df4b2df5aa00af94839edd0d3d3c0.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.4837af7dbdf2bfaa6f7499234570fcde.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.599192d49700632871e4f11a851ba5bc.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.2a64af00e56c117ef7659639d81f4376.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.8ebb1bb1557738e70ef287ce826c0ca1.jpeg

Sorry your swim didn't work out. We visited Fakarava in 2019 and had a wonderful snorkel and picnic. It does get hot, though!

• Like 1

On 2/1/2024 at 10:21 AM, cruisingaussies said:

Thanks in advance. 

My agent got me one..American..now told I do not need it by ship. So not really sure if Azamara gave me wrong info.  I got it very quickly.so wait.

16 minutes ago, Cruizer Diana said:

Sorry your swim didn't work out. We visited Fakarava in 2019 and had a wonderful snorkel and picnic. It does get hot, though!

It was hot but still below well below 32C.  Only bad near tender ad no cover.

one had to remember beach shoes and to be careful in the islands. I was in the water a good hour.

moorea was great.so lots of sharks and string rays.

5 minutes ago, Roel94 said:

My agent got me one..American..now told I do not need it by ship. So not really sure if Azamara gave me wrong info.  I got it very quickly.so wait.

We're getting more and more conflicting info!  Sorry to quiz you, but who on the ship told you you don't need the visa for PNG?  Are we able to sight this anywhere in writing?

Not keen to pay out US$50 each if it's not necessary.

Thank you in advance.

1 minute ago, cruisingaussies said:

We're getting more and more conflicting info!  Sorry to quiz you, but who on the ship told you you don't need the visa for PNG?  Are we able to sight this anywhere in writing?

Not keen to pay out US$50 each if it's not necessary.

Thank you in advance.

Thursday night by the doc officer. As it the only one I have not turned in yet. He said I did not need it.was he wrong no clue.

1 minute ago, Roel94 said:

Thursday night by the doc officer. As it the only one I have not turned in yet. He said I did not need it.was he wrong no clue.

Thanks, guess we'll have to get on with organising our own.  Such a pity Azamara don't do as other cruise lines and get a blanket visa.

4 minutes ago, cruisingaussies said:

Thanks, guess we'll have to get on with organising our own.  Such a pity Azamara don't do as other cruise lines and get a blanket visa.

I believe aussies do not need one.

what those the govt page say

Just now, Roel94 said:

I believe aussies do not need one.

what those the govt page say

I think we do.  I've been Googling and some of the advice from the govt pages is dated as far back as 2014 once you dig down.  There's a lot of conflicting and out of date info. Having lived in PNG years ago for work, I can fully understand this!

Shall endeavour to call the Sydney Consulate again on Monday.  On Friday no departments were answering the phone.

I really do appreciate your keeping in touch with any info you have.