Anybody onboard currently?

takemewithyou

16 hours ago, G2G said:

Then maybe a short paragraph saying we will try to accommodate alternative dishes if given 24 hour notice?

As someone stated previously, not all passengers are aware that alternate dishes are available. 

I have no problem with that.

13 minutes ago, KirkNC said:

I have no problem with that.

That would certainly help but I’m sure the chef would be happier to be working off a second menu. In any event all guests should be made aware of the options for alternatives at the time of booking.  The current system discriminates against new cruisers and those not in the know. 

• Like 4

16 hours ago, uktog said:

That would certainly help but I’m sure the chef would be happier to be working off a second menu. In any event all guests should be made aware of the options for alternatives at the time of booking.  The current system discriminates against new cruisers and those not in the know. 

Ok you get the 10,000 page second menu 🙄.

• Haha 2

Tonight we enjoyed a special dinner in Aqualina which was the Captain’s Cook’s Dinner featuring different menus from his Pacific travels. Same cost as Chefs Table but individual seating throughout the venue.

Another culinary offering on the Onward. It was offered to all guest and was a wonderful dining experience.

What a great cruise.

image.thumb.jpeg.f42c235b8350077bfd4de1ecdcf0d98b.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.0c0952c26d647864bc3d964c4b2d296b.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.bb19d14901b2fa5cd533b89f59f1ffae.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.d7f8902d9a5e9d5641523f73e7136686.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.065a1bb9a1a7e1195bec7a6352d81aaa.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.044f5f93c74cb34f577505997c0a9e34.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.898ed3fd0618a255573aecdd23f8b563.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.6b0a7d47e0295237d6a5d129b6117bd6.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.d53ae1d50ee75d9a693c3c7ad6017adf.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, KirkNC said:

Ok you get the 10,000 page second menu 🙄.

Let’s be sensible. I’m talking about the variation on main product. So far I can only think of things like Veal chop, Dover Sole, Goats Cheese soufflé not every sauce variation known to man. 

I’d just ask people to put themselves in the shoes of a first time non suite guest on Azamara. They’ve paid $99 for their one time visit to the specialty they sit down and see others all around them being fussed over with table side presentations etc and they think that looks good let’s have that - they look at the menu. They find the item is not there they ask their server and are told oh you need to come back and I can do that for you but it’s a preorder.

So now they’re potentially disappointed and/or sucked in to another $99 - a bait and switch some might say pardon the pun. The ostentatious table side service of the sole doesn’t help especially when accompanied by the oohs and ahs of the recipients. Maybe it feels luxury for them but it is far less likely to for the “one night guest”. 

• Like 9

When I go to the specialty restaurants I am only concerned with my experience there. I have no interest in what other diners are ordering.

It is not my responsibility to ensure every diner has a wonderful experience, clearly that is the responsibility of Azamara, in particular the Specialties restaurant manager.

To suggest by ordering off menu  somehow diminishes the experience for other guests is absurd.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, uktog said:

Let’s be sensible. I’m talking about the variation on main product. So far I can only think of things like Veal chop, Dover Sole, Goats Cheese soufflé not every sauce variation known to man. 

I’d just ask people to put themselves in the shoes of a first time non suite guest on Azamara. They’ve paid $99 for their one time visit to the specialty they sit down and see others all around them being fussed over with table side presentations etc and they think that looks good let’s have that - they look at the menu. They find the item is not there they ask their server and are told oh you need to come back and I can do that for you but it’s a preorder.

So now they’re potentially disappointed and/or sucked in to another $99 - a bait and switch some might say pardon the pun. The ostentatious table side service of the sole doesn’t help especially when accompanied by the oohs and ahs of the recipients. Maybe it feels luxury for them but it is far less likely to for the “one night guest”. 

Can I also add our favourites to your alternative menu ie the Grand Marnier soufflé, the sweet pea soup and the divine filo pastry Brie parcels. Other people may want to add their favourites as well. And so the list grows. Perhaps not such a good idea after all…

• Like 1

7 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Tonight we enjoyed a special dinner in Aqualina which was the Captain’s Cook’s Dinner featuring different menus from his Pacific travels. Same cost as Chefs Table but individual seating throughout the venue.

Another culinary offering on the Onward. It was offered to all guest and was a wonderful dining experience.

What a great cruise.

image.thumb.jpeg.f42c235b8350077bfd4de1ecdcf0d98b.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.0c0952c26d647864bc3d964c4b2d296b.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.bb19d14901b2fa5cd533b89f59f1ffae.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.d7f8902d9a5e9d5641523f73e7136686.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.065a1bb9a1a7e1195bec7a6352d81aaa.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.044f5f93c74cb34f577505997c0a9e34.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.898ed3fd0618a255573aecdd23f8b563.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.6b0a7d47e0295237d6a5d129b6117bd6.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.d53ae1d50ee75d9a693c3c7ad6017adf.jpeg

What a great idea!  Another standout, point of difference for Azamara. Looks delightful!

• Like 3

Not sure why when I post a what’s happening of our cruise it gets surrounded in controversy. We spend a lot of time planning and preparing for our cruises. I’m not responsible for those who don’t have a clue how the system works. We have witnessed folks on these segments that have missed dinners by the pool, entertainment events etc. just by not reading The Insider or not understanding what the event is. We ask to see menus in advance, we investigate and seek answers to our questions. We do our homework.

We share our knowledge with other cruisers. “Hey did you know you could do this?” We don’t care what other’s are having for dinner other than asking how’s that dish and maybe choosing it?

We spend a lot of time embracing the knowledge we receive here on Cruise Critic. Others have the same opportunities. it’s their choice but frankly I’m not going to loose any sleep over it.

Maybe the best way is to just not post what’s happening in the first place.

• Like 18

32 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Not sure why when I post a what’s happening of our cruise it gets surrounded in controversy. We spend a lot of time planning and preparing for our cruises. I’m not responsible for those who don’t have a clue how the system works. We have witnessed folks on these segments that have missed dinners by the pool, entertainment events etc. just by not reading The Insider or not understanding what the event is. We ask to see menus in advance, we investigate and seek answers to our questions. We do our homework.

We share our knowledge with other cruisers. “Hey did you know you could do this?” We don’t care what other’s are having for dinner other than asking how’s that dish and maybe choosing it?

We spend a lot of time embracing the knowledge we receive here on Cruise Critic. Others have the same opportunities. it’s their choice but frankly I’m not going to loose any sleep over it.

I love your posts and your photos!  I hope you will continue 🙂

• Like 12

41 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Please don’t stop posting- we hope to meet you when we board in Venice - enjoy Hobart love Anne and David Dublin Ireland xx

• Like 2

1 hour ago, aliaschief said:

It was not my intention to “surround you with controversy “. It was just a difference of opinion, surely that is allowed??

Enjoy the rest of your cruise, it sounds fabulous 👍🏻

• Like 4

Please do keep posting, I am really loving your photos and information.   I also admire your enthusiasm and ability to look for the best in everything rather than for things to complain about.    I hope you continue to have a wonderful time on what sounds like an incredible experience. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, G2G said:

It was not my intention to “surround you with controversy “. It was just a difference of opinion, surely that is allowed??

Enjoy the rest of your cruise, it sounds fabulous 👍🏻

I agree.

And I tend to focus on how it feels for everyone- maybe my level of emotional intelligence is off the empathy scale!

Posting “live” will always attract a range of comments- long may posting and opinions continue 

• Thanks 1

Our Azamazing Evening was last night. We went to the Hobart Music Hall and enjoyed a performance by the Hobart Symphony. A grand evening. 
Today we are leaving the ship and flying to Melbourne. Stay overnight and tomorrow fly to visit Ayer’s Rock. We will rejoin Onward in Sydney.

Yesterday we enjoyed visiting four vineyards and especially enjoyed walking on stable ground without dealing with high seas.

image.thumb.jpeg.80b84164583fb6c59ce619cce72263e3.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Our Azamazing Evening was last night. We went to the Hobart Music Hall and enjoyed a performance by the Hobart Symphony. A grand evening. 
Today we are leaving the ship and flying to Melbourne. Stay overnight and tomorrow fly to visit Ayer’s Rock. We will rejoin Onward in Sydney.

Yesterday we enjoyed visiting four vineyards and especially enjoyed walking on stable ground without dealing with high seas.

Enjoy Ayer's Rock. See you in Sydney when you return. Atlas Bar won't be the same without you.

• Like 2

On 2/25/2024 at 8:37 AM, aliaschief said:

Bruce,you and Susan are having a wonderful time and I am enjoying seeing the WC thru  your eyes, I  do not go to all events but I am happy you are. I do enjoy pre ordering food.They still have no Dover Sole but got  my ghost cheese soufflé the other night. Funny,how I run into you at the last winery. We hit four and most of us felt the same on 3D winery. Lunch was great. Oh,I do ask Karen days ahead to plan the special dinners.Heads up,we will have an Asian Chef Table  next cruise  or could be the following me. But it is a new menu not what before.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Was Ayres Rock an option offered by Azamara or are you taking an independent tour? We’re on Pursuit in December, and I’ve been trying to figure out how to get to Ayres Rock prior to boarding in Perth.

Just now, wjfan417 said:

Was Ayres Rock an option offered by Azamara or are you taking an independent tour? We’re on Pursuit in December, and I’ve been trying to figure out how to get to Ayres Rock prior to boarding in Perth.

We are doing on our own. Just a tip look into when the insects swarm. We have mesh head protection with us. Supposedly the bugs don’t bite but you won’t be ingesting them.

We booked flights, hotel and rented car.

8 hours ago, aliaschief said:

look into when the insects swarm

Also, arid and hot.  Nonetheless, Uluru and Kata Tjuta are well worth the time.   We hope you and DWAliascheif thoroughly enjoy the trip to the Red Center.

Our side trip to Ayer’s Rock has been great. Temps have been up to 40C and the pesty flies have been swarming. Return to Onward Friday.

Sunrises, sunsets, BBQ under the stars and the stars of the show Ayer’s Rock and Kata Tjuṯa have been amazing.

Kangaroo at BBQ was pretty tasty along with beef, chicken, sides and lot’s of wine.

image.thumb.jpeg.2d373c8f85d0323f119d924aee91dd17.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.010923705b688c6c653471ee551b24ce.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.1bb83a1c2588ace4ee6ad5d579325eac.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.2914375a25775fb870cda79c9ee26a23.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.52ec1985c563950027f5e90e82031a53.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.aa4996951a7b52190d55502338a9b56b.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.1872d55b225fa0ed7828fc3502c32ee8.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.257e8c57ebafa694f35215e25e690dc4.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.72f4453292a101e9388e7e3055c6de5b.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.2fe38f00ca30453acadd56d9655dfb19.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.ad9c3f603855bc7b8abeba7ae8275b59.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.9c90c5a49b7499c10857369948dda999.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.d8bde5d56ce0373760ab4424a7292343.jpeg

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 11

We are currently onboard the Journey. Reliable shipside officers have told us that AzAmazing Evenings are being phased out in lieu of onboard AzAmazing celebrations onboard or destination celebrations.whilst all cruises might not have a suitable venture for AzAmazing evenings we are extremely disappointed in the direction this is now taking. Not aligned with Destination immersion at all. It will be in our feedback and I encourage others to do the same.. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3