Poor communication of changes

Zephyr173

18 minutes ago, styles27 said:

I believe it. Tampa was packed on Sunday night when we landed. The gate agent told us they were backed up and that people at our gate were supposed to have left at 2:15pm, they rerouted them. 

We fly to Tampa a lot and have never seen the airport as busy that late on a Sunday. 
I’m dreading our flight home after the cruise. 11/21 out of Orlando on JetBlue 11:56am  (4days before Thanksgiving)

I have visions of us having to rent a car and driving 22 hrs home 🙈

I was getting close to having to rent to drive to Florida or to airport for direct flight.

When we left MCO in September, it was about 45 minutes for TSA which is what we were used to there previously and that was with only one small ship in port on a Thursday.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dexddd said:

I was getting close to having to rent to drive to Florida or to airport for direct flight.

When we left MCO in September, it was about 45 minutes for TSA which is what we were used to there previously and that was with only one small ship in port on a Thursday.

Ugh 

I’m okay with driving but I think finding a rental car will be the problem. 

12 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

May want to book one now just in case. I booked mine for 11/28 months ago.

That’s a very good idea because I can always cancel it. 
Thank you!  

My mind is already on vacation, Siesta Key is really relaxing me lol

Thats why I love Cruise Critic!

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, styles27 said:

My mind is already on vacation, Siesta Key is really relaxing me lol

I was just there.

We go a few times a year. Love the Daiquiri deck, beach club and all the restaurants. We always stayed ocean front in our Motor home on Turtle beach.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

I was just there.

We go a few times a year. Love the Daiquiri deck, beach club and all the restaurants. We always stayed ocean front in our Motor home on Turtle beach.

Cool!
It’s beautiful here. We’re at the Palm Bay Club gulf side. The beach is amazing. Tomorrow we’re looking for some property down in Ft Myers. Would love to buy here but way too expensive. 

42 minutes ago, styles27 said:

Cool!
It’s beautiful here. We’re at the Palm Bay Club gulf side. The beach is amazing. Tomorrow we’re looking for some property down in Ft Myers. Would love to buy here but way too expensive. 

We sold the motor home a few years back, now we spend 4 months (June-Sep)  at ft Myers beach each year,this was our 12th year.   If you think its expensive there, head further south.  If you want more info, grab my email from the first spreadsheet roll call below.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

We sold the motor home a few years back, now we spend 4 months (June-Sep)  at ft Myers beach each year,this was our 12th year.   If you think its expensive there, head further south.  If you want more info, grab my email from the first spreadsheet roll call below.

We’re thinking we want to start with a manufactured home but in a park that we own the land. Our plan is to eventually be here 6 months but for now probably just Jan-March. My husband is in IT and can work from anywhere so that’s a plus til he retires. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phissy said:

Oh Steve, 

just noticed from your signature that your cruise got cancelled!
So sorry to see this, Hope you both are able to look forward to the next cruise adventure.

Pat

HI Pat,

They cancelled me.Claim of booking error 2 weeks before sailing. I do see their point. I will fill you in next time I see you. I think that's on the Prima in 2023.

Even though I am not on the Jade, I am still handling things so all those still have good excursions.

I do/did have a back up b2b booked for next month on MSC so I won't be cruise less this year. I figured I could cancel 48 before and just use the funds for next year.

I will also use this upcoming cruise to be a pain about the Salsa cruise issue. Its easy to blow me off on the phone,in person.....well that's harder.

Take care

Steve

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mscdivina2016 said:

HI Pat,

They cancelled me.Claim of booking error 2 weeks before sailing. I do see their point. I will fill you in next time I see you. I think that's on the Prima in 2023.

Even though I am not on the Jade, I am still handling things so all those still have good excursions.

I do/did have a back up b2b booked for next month on MSC so I won't be cruise less this year. I figured I could cancel 48 before and just use the funds for next year.

I will also use this upcoming cruise to be a pain about the Salsa cruise issue. Its easy to blow me off on the phone,in person.....well that's harder.

Take care

Steve

Those in your group , on the Jade , are very lucky to have you organizing all those excursions. You are the master of excursions😁

Just sorry to hear you couldn’t be part  of it.

Cannot wait to catch up but, you are right Prima 2023. man, 2 years will be hard to wait.

Sounds like you have a plan for your MSC cruise 🤔👏
This I will want to hear about 😂.

We are boarding this Saturday on Meraviglia for our B2B. Miami, then Jamaica and Bahamas. Second week to Bonaire and curaçao, then to Port Canaveral.  
This may be it for awhile for us and MSC. They cancelled our 14 day Barcelona/ Portugal next year.  They put us on a 7 day for same fare.(no thank you). It is a placeholder for us now until something better comes along. Otherwise, just get deposit back.

Take care and best thoughts to you and Deb.

Pat