How and when to obtain check-in time

vickykay

Yes, you select it when you check in.  If you aren't yet able to check in, go to the app and select the sailing.  Swipe right or touch the (abstract looking) person icon at the right of the top row.  There, you can see the date that check-in opens (you may need to scroll down a bit).

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, scrabble6 said:

Good info.  If have a couple of questions:

1. Does checking in earlier give you an earlier boarding time?
  2. Check in for my cruise opens Dec. 15th.  Does it open at any particular time?  Should I check in at 12:01 AM?

Thanks!

1. Maybe, maybe not. It sometimes takes a little while for all the slots to open up (your guess is as good as mine as to why). It can't hurt, though, as you always can go back and change it to whatever else may be available at the time. 

2. I understand that it opens at midnight Eastern time, but I've never sat there and confirmed it. 

It does open midnight eastern. We were going to check in to our upcoming cruise on a Wednesday and Tuesday night I was looking at the app and noticed the ship time was eastern (we are central). It was just after 11:00 pm central so for the heck of it I checked and we were able to check in so I did and got an early time. Someone else on our cruise checked in a few days after we did and got the same time. They only offered 3 check in times. Not sure how many passengers they expect, but was happy with the early time, especially since I had read that people checking in to other cruises couldn’t get in until 3 pm and they were checking in when it just opened.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Purplsmurf said:

especially since I had read that people checking in to other cruises couldn’t get in until 3 pm and they were checking in when it just opened.

That was some oddball thing that was going on for a little while. It happened to me twice, but it always got fixed well before sailing. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, scrabble6 said:

Good info.  If have a couple of questions:

1. Does checking in earlier give you an earlier boarding time?
  2. Check in for my cruise opens Dec. 15th.  Does it open at any particular time?  Should I check in at 12:01 AM?

Thanks!

1.  Not necessarily.    I got a 1:30 time when I first checked in and checked back about a week later and they opened up more times and I was able to grab an 11:30.

2.  Depends on the cruise and the port.    Usually noon but like my cruse they opened at 11:30

Suites and Zenith can check in any time regardless of the time given during the pre-checkin via the app or online.