How long does it take Celebrity to "validate your [vaccine] info" (app check-in)?

Turtles06

Last week, those of us on the December 3 sailing of the Silhouette were finally able to upload our vaccine cards through the app's check-in feature, and I uploaded my wife's and my CDC cards.  Since then, and for others on our cruise, we've seen this message on the app's main check-in screen:  "We are validating your information.  Please check back later" and, on the second screen: "Validation in progress.  We'll post your status once we've finished validating your vaccination record." 

I don't recall anyone posting about these messages (apologies if I've missed it).  Can anyone who has already been through this tell us about how long it takes Celebrity to validate one's vaccine status?    Given Celebrity's many IT issues, I am wondering if there's any hang-up or glitch here, or whether it does take many days. 

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, Saturngrl said:

I uploaded our vax status for our November 20th sailing late last week and this morning, validation was complete.  I don't know exactly how long this process was, so sorry.  

Thanks, no apologies needed, this was very helpful! Have a great cruise! 

The best I can tell you is that it takes "a while."  It could be a little while, and it could be a long while.  Either way, do not be concerned with it.  You still need to present your vaccine proof at the pier.

20 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

The best I can tell you is that it takes "a while."  It could be a little while, and it could be a long while.  Either way, do not be concerned with it.  You still need to present your vaccine proof at the pier.

Thanks.  I do know we’ll have to show our cards at the pier in any event. Was just curious about the app status. Thanks again. 

I sailed on Millennium after the requirement.    In my case I uploaded it and nothing happened.   It never showed pending and actually the health question air didn't open up prior to cruise.   No problem.   Up until the cruise I got 2-3 calls from Celebrity confirming we were vaccinated.

In San Diego they had a weird protocol for check-in.    They had an Agent in the middle of the parking lot adjacent to baggage drop off.   She checked you boarding pass, Vac and Test results.  I think only to make sure you had them  

We then proceeded to terminal where they used an iPad to scan copies of the baording pass and take pictures of the Vac Card and test results.    In our case it took about 30 minutes as the computer went down.

I uploaded our vaccination information and cards over a week ago in the app and it still says "We are validating your record".  How long does the validation take?  Should I be concerned? Which number would I call to question this?

Both of us are fully vaccinated since last February.

• Like 1

I uploaded ours when we checked in a few weeks ago and they were there and have since disappeared. We then received an email from Celebrity confirming that we have been vaccinated and are willing to show the card upon arrival. Not sure if I should up load it to the app again or just forget about it since it is my understanding that they will ask to see it multiple times before boarding 

33 minutes ago, K2play said:

I'm cruising Dec. 12th on the Edge and have submitted my vaccine info through the app for them to verify.  How long is it taking them to verify it lately?  Thanks!

Once you upload your proof of vaccination thru the app, there is no "verification" per se. (I think this process replaced their employees calling you on the phone prior to the sailing to check whether you are vaccinated)

When you arrive at the Terminal for embarkation, you will have to provide a copy of your vaccination card as well as a copy of negative COVID testing.

We're sailing on the Constellation right now. We never received verification of the vaccine card upload. We each received two emails asking us to verify vaccination status. At check-in at the port, we had to show our vaccine cards, front and back, three or four times. The woman doing our final check-in said that she could see our vaccine cards in the app and thanked us for uploading them and for doing the health survey the day before. 

• Like 1

we are on the summit on nov 22.  We have uploaded out vaccine a number of weeks ago and it is still saying waiting for verification.  Also, we are still not able to print out the luggage tags, even though we are less than 2 weeks to go.   We also received the email that asking whether we are vaccinated or not.

• Like 1