West Coast Cruising

Sheffben79

Hi 

We are thinking about booking a West Coast mini cruise from LA in 2023.

Can anybody give me an idea of the atmosphere to expect onboard?  Will it quite laid back or are we talking more of a party atmosphere, similar to the Caribbean cruises?

The cruise will take in San Diego and Cabo over its six days, we are just hoping to relax and recharge in the warm weather.

If it's more a party cruise I might look for more options.

Ben

16 minutes ago, Sheffben79 said:

Hi 

We are thinking about booking a West Coast mini cruise from LA in 2023.

Can anybody give me an idea of the atmosphere to expect onboard?  Will it quite laid back or are we talking more of a party atmosphere, similar to the Caribbean cruises?

The cruise will take in San Diego and Cabo over its six days, we are just hoping to relax and recharge in the warm weather.

If it's more a party cruise I might look for more options.

Ben

Ben,

Celebrity cruises have never really ben party cruises.  It is a perfect cruise line to recharge and relax.  

It is nothing like a Carnival cruise.  

I think you will enjoy.   We did a B2B 8 day Pacific Coastal out of San Diego last month.    The 1st cruise there were only 650 passengers and about 900 on the second so was a bit quiet and not the norm.

As a general rule if you avoid 2 and 3 day cruses you will not experience the booze cruise atmosphere.

We’ve loved the West Coast repositions from LA to Seattle or Seatttle/Vancouver south and loved them. Did a short Carnival out of San Diego and Will Never Do That Again! Crazy beyond party, just overbooked and constant noise. But Celebrity? Had a friend do a shorter one and enjoyed it. 

So go for it.

Den

With the short ("shawty!") cruises there's also a big difference between weekdays only and over the weekend.  Weekends attracts children, their parents who want to party and younger folks who like to party, they seemingly try to compete against each other in noise department...Ha ha