Options for Covid test pre=cruise

Nebr.cruiser

On 3/14/2022 at 9:17 AM, Journey21 said:

I was wondering about that. When I go onto CVS website for an Antigen test it states not acceptable for travel?  Celebrity is accepting them?  TIA

I've done the CVS several times for sailing including two this year, one of which I am on now

Can anyone update me on accessing pre-boarding covid testing for UK passengers?  We are embarking on the 17th April and flying to the US on the 15th so would need a test on the evening of the 15th or the 16th.  

• Like 1

We are flying US to Vancouver on Friday, April 22 and staying 1 night in Vancouver prior to an April 23 Celebrity sailing to Hawaii. 

Does anyone know if the Walgreens drive-thru Rapid NAAT (takes 2 hours for results) will work for entrance into Canada? Getting the PCR test that takes up to 2 days for results makes things tight for our flight and then we’d likely have to test again in Vancouver for Celebrity. 

I would love to be able to time it so we could take just 1 COVID test that would cover both our Canadian entrance and Celebrity. 

Any tips or suggestions are immensely appreciated. Thanks so much 

8 hours ago, Nemanoxer said:

I am wondering how things go for an international guest.

If I board on the 24th, will they accept an official test done in Germany on the 22nd?

Did not see details about that anywhere.

Us too..

Planning on doing the test in Flughafen Frankfurt Friday Morning, coming from Denmark.

Flying to MIA  and boarding the Celebrity Equinox Sunday  April 24.

On 3/15/2022 at 2:44 PM, Nemanoxer said:

I am wondering how things go for an international guest.

If I board on the 24th, will they accept an official test done in Germany on the 22nd?

Did not see details about that anywhere.

I don't see why they wouldn't, as long as the test otherwise fulfills the requirements by Celebrity; authorized antigen/PCR test supervised by a health worker, no unsupervised self-tests. I reckon the Bürgertests would be approved.

16 hours ago, signe63 said:

Us too..

Planning on doing the test in Flughafen Frankfurt Friday Morning, coming from Denmark.

Flying to MIA  and boarding the Celebrity Equinox Sunday  April 24.

See above. How long is your transfer time in FRA? Be sure to have enough time to have the test done and get to the new gate. I don't know where the testing centre is located in FRA, if it's airside or landside.

Otherwise you may have to do the "schedule" as we do for our April 2 Apex sailing; get an antigen test in Denmark on Wednesday March 30, fly to the US on March 31, then get a new antigen test in US on Friday April 1 to embark the ship on April 2. A bit more bothersome, but it's the only way it's doable for us, and to keep within the time limits.

1 hour ago, mikkelhansen said:

I don't see why they wouldn't, as long as the test otherwise fulfills the requirements by Celebrity; authorized antigen/PCR test supervised by a health worker, no unsupervised self-tests. I reckon the Bürgertests would be approved.

See above. How long is your transfer time in FRA? Be sure to have enough time to have the test done and get to the new gate. I don't know where the testing centre is located in FRA, if it's airside or landside.

Otherwise you may have to do the "schedule" as we do for our April 2 Apex sailing; get an antigen test in Denmark on Wednesday March 30, fly to the US on March 31, then get a new antigen test in US on Friday April 1 to embark the ship on April 2. A bit more bothersome, but it's the only way it's doable for us, and to keep within the time limits.

Having a layover for 3 hours in FRA, we might wanna scedule an appointment with Ecocare, located in both Terminal 1 and 2. Which option do you choose in Fort Lauderdale? Being Danes doesn`t make it easy, I think. Buying proctored tests from Celebrity/Optum seems rather difficult for non-US citizens..

21 hours ago, mcgorr said:

Can anyone update me on accessing pre-boarding covid testing for UK passengers?  We are embarking on the 17th April and flying to the US on the 15th so would need a test on the evening of the 15th or the 16th.  

You may be able to use your US entry required test as the pre-cruise test too, if you can get it done at the airport on the 15th before you fly.  It will depend on whether there's testing available at your departure airport and what time you fly.  Also, to be on the safe side, remember to take the time difference into account so that the test is definitely on the 15th in the US, so no earlier than 5am UK.

On 3/15/2022 at 7:03 PM, mcgorr said:

We’re thinking of doing a Collinson one at Heathrow the day we fly to the US which is a day before the cruise. Hopefully that will tick both immigration and Celebrity.

If anyone knows better please do inform us.

On 3/15/2022 at 4:00 PM, floralscent said:

We are flying US to Vancouver on Friday, April 22 and staying 1 night in Vancouver prior to an April 23 Celebrity sailing to Hawaii. 

Does anyone know if the Walgreens drive-thru Rapid NAAT (takes 2 hours for results) will work for entrance into Canada? Getting the PCR test that takes up to 2 days for results makes things tight for our flight and then we’d likely have to test again in Vancouver for Celebrity. 

I would love to be able to time it so we could take just 1 COVID test that would cover both our Canadian entrance and Celebrity. 

https://www.traveloffpath.com/canada-removes-testing-for-entry-as-of-april-1st/

On 3/15/2022 at 1:00 PM, floralscent said:

As of april 1st you will no longer need one for entry just cruise

20 hours ago, Nemanoxer said:

I will test on the evening of the 22nd, fly to US on 23rd and board on the 24th.

As far as I understand, I can do all of that with one Antigen test.

That is my understanding as well.

19 hours ago, signe63 said:

Having a layover for 3 hours in FRA, we might wanna scedule an appointment with Ecocare, located in both Terminal 1 and 2. Which option do you choose in Fort Lauderdale? Being Danes doesn`t make it easy, I think. Buying proctored tests from Celebrity/Optum seems rather difficult for non-US citizens..

Are you sure you will even be allowed to board in Denmark with that procedure? If both flights are on one ticket, you may need the negative test already when boarding in Denmark. That's my understanding; the departure airport checks that you fulfill the entry requirements for your final destination, and you MAY be checked when transferring as well. You may want to call the airline (I suppose Lufthansa) and check with them - it would be a shame to be denied boarding in BLL/CPH on that account.

We plan on using Lab Doctor in Fort Lauderdale - https://labdoctor.org/covid-pcr-testing/ . $49pp antigen test with max. 30 minutes results and a printed test result. No slot booking, only walk-in and they accept both credit cards and cash and test all nationalities, I have contacted them about that. I briefly looked at the BinaxNOW tests as well, but we would have to have them shipped to our hotel (and make an appointment with them about receiving and storing the package until we arrive), and we would have to ensure a high-speed internet connection and lots of other things that made it non-viable for us. For the two of us it would be $69.99 versus $98 for the Lab Doctor tests - the price difference is not worth the extra bother for us. Walgreens and CVS also do antigen tests, but to my understanding they are also quite difficult/nearly impossible to use for non-US/CA citizens, partially due to insurance refund claims. Lab Doctor is the only place I've found that seems quite straightforward to use for foreign citizens.

That is my understanding as well.

Are you sure you will even be allowed to board in Denmark with that procedure? If both flights are on one ticket, you may need the negative test already when boarding in Denmark. That's my understanding; the departure airport checks that you fulfill the entry requirements for your final destination, and you MAY be checked when transferring as well. You may want to call the airline (I suppose Lufthansa) and check with them - it would be a shame to be denied boarding in BLL/CPH on that account.

We plan on using Lab Doctor in Fort Lauderdale - https://labdoctor.org/covid-pcr-testing/ . $49pp antigen test with max. 30 minutes results and a printed test result. No slot booking, only walk-in and they accept both credit cards and cash and test all nationalities, I have contacted them about that. I briefly looked at the BinaxNOW tests as well, but we would have to have them shipped to our hotel (and make an appointment with them about receiving and storing the package until we arrive), and we would have to ensure a high-speed internet connection and lots of other things that made it non-viable for us. For the two of us it would be $69.99 versus $98 for the Lab Doctor tests - the price difference is not worth the extra bother for us. Walgreens and CVS also do antigen tests, but to my understanding they are also quite difficult/nearly impossible to use for non-US/CA citizens, partially due to insurance refund claims. Lab Doctor is the only place I've found that seems quite straightforward to use for foreign citizens.

Thank you. Lufthansa is our choice, yes. We will do a test Thursday before flying from Billund. We are staying at Embassy Suites in Fort Lauderdale before cruising, and your suggestion of testing at Lab Doctor is a good plan B. I believe Lab Doctor is right nearby that hotel.

On 3/15/2022 at 3:03 PM, mcgorr said:

I’d think it may be best to buy a Qured supervised test in UK and book appointment for online  test when you are in your hotel in US. I’d also suggest you travel with it in your carry on baggage.

On 3/4/2022 at 9:24 AM, ATLfuzzy said:

Question for those who have actually done the NAVICA proctored test sold by Celebrity.  I will need to do this test on Thursday.  I have downloaded the NAVICA app.   Do I absolutely need an emed account as well?  I’m seeing conflicting Info regarding what I need to have ready for this Abbott lab test.  Thanks so much! 

Can anyone tell me which Navica app to download? There seem to be several in the app store. What does the icon look like?

On 3/17/2022 at 1:17 PM, zanderblue said:

I’d think it may be best to buy a Qured supervised test in UK and book appointment for online  test when you are in your hotel in US. I’d also suggest you travel with it in your carry on baggage.

I am planning on doing the same but did they question the liquid vial being carried as carry on luggage?

On 3/17/2022 at 2:12 PM, signe63 said:

Thank you. Lufthansa is our choice, yes. We will do a test Thursday before flying from Billund. We are staying at Embassy Suites in Fort Lauderdale before cruising, and your suggestion of testing at Lab Doctor is a good plan B. I believe Lab Doctor is right nearby that hotel.

It does indeed seem to be literally across the street from Embassy Suites.

Have a nice trip, feel free to get back in this thread with your experience with Lab Doctor.

It does indeed seem to be literally across the street from Embassy Suites.

Have a nice trip, feel free to get back in this thread with your experience with Lab Doctor.

Have a nice trip on Apex soon, we will be on Equinox 3 weeks later. I also would like to know about your experience with Lab Doctor:)

On 3/15/2022 at 1:00 PM, floralscent said:

These are the passenger obligations (Effective April 1, 2022):
A.  you still need the test to embark the cruise ship (one-day for Antigen, 72 hours PCR)
B.  you do not need a test to enter Canada or disembark in Canada.

Source Link:
https://www.canada.ca/en/transport-canada/news/2022/03/preventing-or-limiting-the-spread-of-covid-19-on-cruise-ships.html

Note:  the environment is fluid and ever changing; check the above link often to see if there are further updates prior to your cruise.

There are testing facilities at YVR (including CVM Medical) and / or testing sites throughout Vancouver. I requested a list from my hotel and they provided me a laundry list of sites (loads of them).  We decided to book at CVM Medical at YVR (US Departures area).

Passenger obligations

• Pre-boarding a cruise ship
    • Passengers must take a COVID-19 molecular test within 72-hours before boarding a cruise ship or take an antigen test within one day of the scheduled departure.
    • Before their cruise departs, a traveller will need to enter their trip information into the ArriveCAN website.
    • Passengers seeking a medical contraindication or religious belief exemption will need to contact their cruise line to see if these are permitted. These exemptions are very limited.
  • During a voyage
    • Passengers are required to self-monitor for symptoms and report them to cruise line officials, who will then take appropriate action (testing, isolation, and contact tracing).
  • Disembarking a cruise ship in Canada
    • Effective April 1, 2022, fully vaccinated travellers on cruise ships will no longer need to take a COVID-19 molecular test before disembarking in Canada. All on board, including crew and passengers, must continue to monitor for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 for 14 days after arrival in Canada as per the Quarantine, Isolation and Other Obligations Order.
Edited by hvbaskey
  • Like 1