LIVE FROM Enchanted Princess Inaugural Caribbean with Curaçao 11/10/2021

Mo Jito

2 hours ago, Loveh2ofl said:

I did the same for my last cruise - ship legal and I plan to bring along again.

I have a usb hub which plugs into a usb port (i use it for my laptop). you just gave me the idea to bring it along! frees up the outlet for something that requires being plugged in. 

• Like 1

Love following your cruise, we are joining the Enchanted on November 30th.  I know the crew is not allowed off in port yet.  I'd there anything we can bring to help then out (other then cash which we will have as well)?

I'm thinking toiletries, snacks, etc?

Hi! You wrote about eating at sur la mer. Did you also eat at the crown grill? If you had to choose one, would you suggest one over the other? 
we are on the Dec 10th journey - there are still many rooms, so maybe the 2000 guest is for the xmas trip. 
Thanks. So glad you are posting. 

9 hours ago, coo359a2 said:

Thanks for posting this.  Wish the audio had been better but did hear they were given the Sky Suite.  What a fantastic deal.  Does anyone know how they selected this couple?

Apparently they were the first couple to board.

On 11/11/2021 at 11:17 PM, Mo Jito said:

Don’t know why some pictures are upside down- sorry about that! 
other random info:

We had one blue Princess tote in the closet. 
We asked our steward for paper Patters and have been receiving them each evening.

Temperature on board has been cool in most venues - very chilly in Princess Live in particular.

Staff exceptionally friendly and accommodating.

Decor lovely all around.

Lots of nice seating areas, especially around piazza - but room for dancing in the center.

Amalfi and Capri dining rooms are open; Santorini not available.

We reserved table for 2 at same time each night and have been at same table both nights so far.

Had my favorite triangle hash browns and muesli at breakfast in the buffet (along with made to order omelets).

We received a random gift of room spray, loofahs and nail files (we are Platinum not Elite). And commemorative inaugural pins.

8F50140A-498F-4F10-8162-65820DBCB582.jpeg

F1629153-2FA3-45AA-AE1B-5AA8003EDC58.jpeg

Does anyone who has departed from pier 2 know if  passengers who need wheelchair assistance is still in the same area or at a different location as that pier was recently redone with a bridge from the parking area. Thank you in advance. 

• October 19, 2007
  • California

I am curious to learn about the call on Dominica.  Were passengers allowed off the ship sans a Princess excursion?  If so, what was the situation on the dock?  Any recommendations for a Princess excursion here?

Thanks for any replies  _ we are on this itinerary on Nov. 30.

1 hour ago, macaroni said:

In Dominica, without a Princess tour, you could get off and hang around the gated port area where there were vendors selling crafts and souvenirs.

1 hour ago, macaroni said:

In Dominica, without a Princess tour, you could get off and hang around the gated port area where there were vendors selling crafts and souvenirs.

So another words, you weren’t able to walk around downtown on your own?

Edited by DHP1

44 minutes ago, DHP1 said:

So another words, you weren’t able to walk around downtown on your own?

Princess has updated their FAQs today under Health protocols to show current islands with restrictions on walking around on your own if not on a Princess tour.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, macaroni said:

Car rental in Curaçao…..

rented a car today and had a great day driving around the Island, stopping to snorkel, swim at different beaches and seeing the flamingos.

it was wonderful!

Renting a car and driving around the island on your own is acceptable however, walking downtown is not. I’m confuse and I do apologize in disturbing you again.  

Edited by DHP1

56 minutes ago, DHP1 said:

Renting a car and driving around the island on your own is acceptable however, walking downtown is not. I’m confuse and I do apologize in disturbing you again.  

Renting a car and driving around in Curaçao is allowed.  However, walking downtown Dominica is not.

Edited by pd7277
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, msmoger said:

Screen Shot 2021-11-16 at 5.08.14 PM.png

Thanks for sharing and the heads up.

Same here.  We do not board until Dec 30 but are in St Lucia on Jan 4, Barbados Jan 5, St Kitts on 6, 

With the fluidity of protocols changing, think I better book something.  Better to have and cancel vs. not have anything.

We have been to these before, some more than once, but these are some of my favorites.

Being back on board for first time in 2 years is going to be good, but wanted to get off also 😀

Greetings! We are sailing away from curaçao on our way to Aruba. We’ve been having rain most days, and today was no exception. However, my sister and I had a great day in port. We took a cab to the Curaçao Sea Aquarium ($25 each way) and really enjoyed it. We did the Ocean Lens experience:  “Can’t snorkel but you’re just aching to explore the wonders of the deep anyway? Then the Ocean Lens experience is the ultimate experience for you! Climb down 19 steps into a 17 foot (5.2 meter) deep chamber with a large window, called the Ocean Lens, through which you gaze out into the sea. Lie down on comfortable cushions and observe a magnificent abundance of colors and fish before you.” It was very cool! 

Tonight we finally had a big sail away party on deck! The band Static (who are fantastic!) were joined by the steel drum player and members of the Princess Band for a “Caribbean Heat” party. Lots of folks attended and it was a lot of fun.

• Like 2

On 11/14/2021 at 8:46 AM, big al said:

We are sailing the Enchanted Feb. 28th, '22...hoping the mask rules will be eliminated by then..they probably will since numbers have fallen except for the midwest now...thanks for all the feedback...would LOVE to know what beers are on tap ( not bottled!!) at the bars..thanks!!

Big Al

So far I’ve found Heineken and New Castle Brown Ale on tap in Vista Lounge. Still have to scope out some more lounges. 

• Like 2