Positive covid test today! Should I cancel?

23 hours ago, WindinmySails said:

Thank you all so much for your comments and suggestions.  The doctor said I am eligible for the monochronal anti bodies, so hope that will help. Haven't had a fever since 11/7, but am very tired and still can't smell or taste.  I am concerned about my husband, and him getting it. I need to be watchful on him.  We are separating as much as you possibly can in a 900sq ft. loft. (crazy, but I love it) 

My hubby had covid early february before we could get vaccination appt.  He was given the monoclonal antibody and felt great after.  He tested negative with pcr test 14 days later. 

If you doc recommends this treatment I suggest you do as soon as possible.

Hope you feel better soon🤩

And hopefully your husband stays well too!

I tested with 3 pcr tests last February and never tested positive and felt fine, that was before we were both vaccinated in March.

• Thanks 1

Thank you all so much for your comments and suggestions.  The doctor said I am eligible for the monochronal anti bodies, so hope that will help. Haven't had a fever since 11/7, but am very tired and still can't smell or taste.  I am concerned about my husband, and him getting it. I need to be watchful on him.  We are separating as much as you possibly can in a 900sq ft. loft. (crazy, but I love it) 

Your isolating in a 900 sq. ft. loft for ten days with hubby?

WOW! If Mrs. Dawg had to isolate for that long and in such a small space with me, only one of us would be getting on that cruise.

And it wouldn't be me. 👼

Get better soon and have a great cruise!

Psst to Mr. @WindinmySails, hide the 🔨

😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

WOW! If Mrs. Dawg had to isolate for that long and in such a small space with me, only one of us would be getting on that cruise.

And it wouldn't be me. 👼

😊

And it wouldn't be me. 👼

😊

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

No, my first is coming up in January. I hope the WJ resembles what I remember.😐

We have sailed three times so far, and the menu is very limited and doesn’t vary from day to day. Everything is either in a teriyaki sauce, or laced with green and red bell peppers. We survived by grabbing hamburger buns from the grill station and then getting whatever was on the carving station, smothering it in gravy and hoping for the best. The featured dish one day was mutton stew, and compared to everything else it was actually semi edible. The exec chef tried to explain everything away as a supply chain problem, but then admitted that Miami had put limits on their budget and what they could offer on the menu.

Edited by orville99
  • Thanks 1

On 11/10/2021 at 12:31 PM, muscleman said:

Bad info. We took the PCR but were afraid the test wouldn’t make it back on time so we took the RAPID the next day which came back negative. We received our PCR test results the second day of the cruise and my wife came back positive. We did the right thing an reported to medical. My wife is in the COVID ward now and they are flying us home tomorrow. We are on A b2b so our vacation has been cancel. So why worry about a negative result from the RAPID and you got COVID. I wonder how many people on this ship with COVID but not know because they took the RAPID.

Had you considered, the PCR was a "false" positive? Especially if she had no sx.

11 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I think 2 positive pcr tests vs 1 negative rapid test are proof enough she is positive.

I had a negative rapid result. My PCR was positive. If my rapid was positive, they wouldn’t have bothered with the PCR, would’ve declared me positive.

• Like 1

A positive antigen test without symptoms should always be confirmed by a PCR test. That's why these are often referred to as diagnostic tests, whereas an antigen test is often just referred to as a rapid. The idea is to use the rapid test as an immediate discriminator and limit the number of diagnostic or PCR tests that have to be performed because those take longer, usually involve sending a sample to a lab, and of course also cost more.

A positive antigen test with symptoms can be accepted as confirmation.

A negative antigen test with symptoms should always be confirmed by a PCR test.

A negative antigen test without symptoms can be accepted as confirmation.

• Like 5

Talked to my doc.  Fortunately this only hit me bad for one day.  Still isolating until Tuesday, and will get another test before I start the drive to Texas.  If I test positive still, and the doc said there is that chance,  although I am not contagious, I won't make the drive.  She said after 10 days from onset of symptoms, you are not contagious.  She did say the plus side is that I'll have great immunity, so not to get the booster for another three months.  

I am hoping I can still cruise and my husband has been taking tests and we are still keeping our distance.  Nice to know that with Royal I won't lose any money.  So as much as I'd like to go on this sailing...(the deal was outstanding) I can deal with what I need to do if the test is positive still. Thank you all for your input and advice.  I'll wait until the week of the cruise before I make any firm decisions. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, WindinmySails said:

Talked to my doc.  Fortunately this only hit me bad for one day.  Still isolating until Tuesday, and will get another test before I start the drive to Texas.  If I test positive still, and the doc said there is that chance,  although I am not contagious, I won't make the drive.  She said after 10 days from onset of symptoms, you are not contagious.  She did say the plus side is that I'll have great immunity, so not to get the booster for another three months.  

I am hoping I can still cruise and my husband has been taking tests and we are still keeping our distance.  Nice to know that with Royal I won't lose any money.  So as much as I'd like to go on this sailing...(the deal was outstanding) I can deal with what I need to do if the test is positive still. Thank you all for your input and advice.  I'll wait until the week of the cruise before I make any firm decisions. 

I'm so sorry as we are in Colorado as well and had to cancel 2 cruises in September as we both got COVID and hubby spent 13 day's in ICU. The good news was that we tested negative 30 days later.  I am hoping you will test negative and get on the cruise ship. Good luck and get better!

On 11/9/2021 at 9:56 PM, WindinmySails said:

Just had a PRC test, and came back positive for COVID.  I am fully vaccinated, and ironically got super sick the day I had scheduled my booster.  Sunday I had a fever, and felt like death, lost all sense of taste and smell.  Monday, felt fine but tired, had PCR test.  Tuesday today, came back positive.  

So my question is should I just cancel my cruise for  November 26th, or would I probably test negative by then on a rapid antigen test. 

I am sick about this, but need to plan ahead.  We are driving, not flying. Thanks

You are more than 14 days before your cruise so you "should " test negative by the 24th (2 days pre cruise) of course there are no guarantees.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Colorado Babe said:

I'm so sorry as we are in Colorado as well and had to cancel 2 cruises in September as we both got COVID and hubby spent 13 day's in ICU. The good news was that we tested negative 30 days later.  I am hoping you will test negative and get on the cruise ship. Good luck and get better!

How scary for you!  Amazing how hard this virus hits.  Wonderful that you are better, and thank you for your well wishes!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/12/2021 at 4:09 PM, WindinmySails said:

just found this thread and I sure hope that you were able to get on the cruise.

On 11/12/2021 at 4:57 PM, Colorado Babe said:

How are you both now? Almost 3 weeks later?

Edited by Jimbo