Has anyone had the second person be a No Show and if so did you get the double solo points?

molly361

19 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

There was another thread on double pts where maybe it varied. The person didnt get solo pts credited and argued several times but didnt get solo pts. So I've read at least one person who did not get solo pts recently.

Yeah I remember that but was wondering if anything had been updated.  I think that was a month ago or so

4 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Still no credit for my solo sailing, even after asking the LA on board the Oasis - will try again next month.

I have a January sailing that is for 2 but I am going solo.  There are several FCC's on it for the no show person so not sure it's worth the effort to take him off to get the points .  14 as it's an OS  Try the MBayley route?

Just now, Biker19 said:

That's is not your case - of course you'll get extra points when you booked the cabin solo to start with.

Biker, who got his 28 points on Oasis last month with no issues.

I realized that after I posted and deleted it😇  If I take him off the FCC's would fall off, I would have to pay that amount but then the FCC's would get re-issued to him I believe.   This was also one of those well priced L and S so probably shouldn't mess with it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

This. Trust that my case is a one-off and you'll get the extra points.

Unfortunately I did not get the doubled extra point for being solo for my cruise a couple of weeks ago.  I was solo due to a no show.  I called and was told that I was not entitled to it.  When I asked if this was a new policy and stated that I knew pre-covid  I would have received the points, I was told the rule has always been the same.  I'm tempted to try again next week.  

2 minutes ago, notmyrealnameoremail said:

Unfortunately I did not get the doubled extra point for being solo for my cruise a couple of weeks ago.  I was solo due to a no show.  I called and was told that I was not entitled to it.  When I asked if this was a new policy and stated that I knew pre-covid  I would have received the points, I was told the rule has always been the same.  I'm tempted to try again next week.  

Why wait?  You'll get someone different, and that may give you a different answer.  🙂

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, notmyrealnameoremail said:

Try again and if you have another booking where that happened and you got the double points give them that booking number.  That is my plan when my time comes

1 minute ago, molly361 said:

Try again and if you have another booking where that happened and you got the double points give them that booking number.  That is my plan when my time comes

Been there, done that - I hung up when they stated they would "fix" those previous "errors".

Biker, who got the same explanation as @notmyrealnameoremail as the policy has always been that way.

• Haha 1