Drink Package Question—If You Go Over $11 Signature Package Limit, What Do You Pay?

JHUNTGOLF

This is my first Holland America cruise in over 40 years.  I have the Signature Beverage Package for an upcoming Rotterdam cruise.  It covers any drink up to $11.  What happens if you order a drink that costs $16?  Do you have to pay the entire $16 or do you pay just $5 (the difference between the $11 and the $16)?  On Celebrity you just pay the difference not the entire cost.  I have looked on Holland America’s website and throughout the Cruise Critic website and can’t find an answer to this question.  I know I can’t be the first person to raise this issue.  Can anyone help with an answer?

John

Thanks for the quick responses.  Holland America’s policy certainly isn’t very favorable to the cruising public.  A fairer policy would be to adopt the same thing that Celebrity does—you deduct the $9 dollar limit of the classic beverage package from a higher cost drink and you just pay the difference.  

John

56 minutes ago, JHUNTGOLF said:

Thanks for the quick responses.  Holland America’s policy certainly isn’t very favorable to the cruising public.  A fairer policy would be to adopt the same thing that Celebrity does—you deduct the $9 dollar limit of the classic beverage package from a higher cost drink and you just pay the difference.  

John

There are very few drinks over $11.   Roger Jetts website has the cuirent bar menu