Chef's Table.....

cruz040864

We’ve done it many times on the smaller ships and really enjoyed it.  Our experience on Harmony in 2019 was definitely disappointing, no ambiance, waiter seemed very nervous and unsure of the wines, we thought it might be his first time, and he was very stingy with the wine.  The only positives were food was good and we were offered a very good price.  I would have been very unhappy if we had paid full price for the experience.😂

Sherri🙂

We just enjoyed the Chefs Table on Allure last week.  The food was amazing, but the experience was so-so as the Chef's Table location is in the balcony above the Diamond Club and it was very noisy and we had a very hard time hearing the Chef's food descriptions.

5 minutes ago, Murphy said:

We just enjoyed the Chefs Table on Allure last week.  The food was amazing, but the experience was so-so as the Chef's Table location is in the balcony above the Diamond Club and it was very noisy and we had a very hard time hearing the Chef's food descriptions.

Radiance class ships are the best - have the best location.

• Like 3

I have noticed the same menu when i did it on Allure in 2019 and when I did it on Mariner in September.  I believe the wine was similar too because I remembered Conundrum.  Navigator in 2018, only the dessert was different.   

See post #187 for Navigator's chef's table

See post #101 for Allure's Chef's Table

However, on Mariner, I got both Branzini and the filet but when I was on Allure and Navigator, we were given a choice of either or.  

See post #76 for Mariner's Chef's table.

And despite all that, I STILL have Chef's Table booked for Brilliance in December and intend to book Chef's Table on Enchantment in March.

We did it on the Allure last month and loved it... I will agree with some of the posts above, the main reason we had such a great time was that our companions were a great group of people who kept the conversation going way long past dinner. 

We also ended up really getting along with another pair of couples we met that night, which resulted in making new friends for the rest of the cruise (and hopefully beyond!)

A comparable experience on land would cost over 200 per person, plus wine.  So, 85 dollars is a relative bargain.  We have done Chef's Table four times and each time it was well worth the money.  The food, wine, and service was outstanding each and every time.  Some venues are better than others, depending on the ship, and your tablemates would be just luck of the draw.  

As with any new experience, if you go into it with a positive attitude, more than likely you will  enjoy it, or, at least you tried it and that is that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1