Was the meeting re cruising on Yesterday??

Hi fellow cruisers.

There was a meeting set down for discussions re commencement of domestic cruising with the NSW Health Minister and others.

Haven't found out any feedback.

Does anyone know if it was yesterday or next Wednesday, please??

I can’t find anything either but the decision would not have been announced from the meeting I think as anything will require the bio security emergency legislation. It is due to end Dec 17 but if extended that would be announced in the next few days or so going on past experience. The meeting outcome would need to go back to other relevant ministers. There should be a press release soon. 
waiting waiting waiting 

1 hour ago, Aussieflyer said:

I can’t find anything either but the decision would not have been announced from the meeting I think as anything will require the bio security emergency legislation. It is due to end Dec 17 but if extended that would be announced in the next few days or so going on past experience. The meeting outcome would need to go back to other relevant ministers. There should be a press release soon. 
waiting waiting waiting 

Yep waiting. 😁

If they did extend the bio security emergency legislation they would have to either amend it or go back on their agreement to allow Australians to travel overseas. That legislation consisted of four items:

• mandatory pre-departure testing and mask wearing for international flights
  • restrictions on the entry of cruise vessels within Australian territory
  • restrictions on outbound international travel for Australians
  • restrictions on trade of retail outlets at international airports.

Since they've already announced that the third restriction will be lifted I can't see them extending the legislation for another three months.

However that legislation is at Federal level and they have already announced that decisions to allow cruise ships will be the states responsibility, and that's a whole new ballgame! 🙄😡

I’ve checked out Tasmania requirements last week due to the potential change of embarkation port for our January cruise.

it seems they will allow cruising as per the updated information.

I’m not sure what it said before and maybe I’m just being particularly hopeful…

https://www.coronavirus.tas.gov.au/travellers-and-visitors/approved-ports-airports-and-maritime-tasmania

7 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

It may be a case of no news is bad news - if they had made any firm decision about restarting cruising in NSW they would be announcing it.

I agree with you! My March cruise on RCI was cancelled so I am waiting for cruises in October and December next year! I heard that cruise ships would be going from Brisbane first - which would suit me - but nothing seems to be happening! 

4 minutes ago, cruisermsoon said:

P&O are selling March cruises ex Brisbane, including a round NZ one, so if you are correct regarding Brisbane, they may go ahead.

Thank you for the info. I normally cruise with RCI , Princess or Celebrity but perhaps I might need to look at local cruises with another cruise line such as P&O or Carnival as they go from Brisbane. I am longing to cruise again!

9 hours ago, cruisermsoon said:

P&O are selling March cruises ex Brisbane, including a round NZ one, so if you are correct regarding Brisbane, they may go ahead.

I doubt the NZ one will go ahead. NZ won't let cruise ships in until much later in 2022.

20 minutes ago, Aussieflyer said:

Interestingly the article mentions intra-state cruises.

NSW-Tasmania-Victoria are the most likely given the vaccination statuses.

NSW-Queensland might take a bit longer to happen.

And SA, WA and the NT will be the last to join in.

10 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

It’s looks like Scott Morrison wrote the article,it didn’t clearly say anything.

I suppose it’s up to NSW to make a decision.

Some booze cruises around Lord Howe would be nice.

No thanks, too many of these on board...

1195650427_OIP(1).jpg.526c73a793478cb78124bb5639215879.jpg