“Greatest deal ever” sale begins November 16th

Cruise Gopher

1 minute ago, casofilia said:

@dbrown84

Thank you ; that was what I expected; so it isn't really an "OPEN" bar; parts of it are "Semi-Closed"!!

FWIW, NCL does have a "premium-plus" option for the beverage package, where they allow a higher level of alcohol choices, in addition to a bottle of wine at dinner.  I believe it costs an extra $35 per day, per person.  I don't really know alcohol but, I've read that a lot of people enjoy Veuve Clicquot champagne, which is normally $35 per glass, and that is one of the wines included in the upgraded package.

I finally saw that, and can book a cabin, but boy did they make it hard. For whatever reason, on the new web site, my "Free for 5" doesn't show gratuities for the drinks or specialty dining. I've broken down the price by individual and the total price, and still no show. It must be an IT issue. This is on the Joy for March, 2024.

I've never been a buyer of the cruise first, cruise next, etc. "deals" where I have to give NCL non-refundable payment for a future cruise.  Obviously, that made my life easier during Covid.  That said, I did just pull up NCL's cruise first "deal."

1. CruiseFirst $500 Offer - For USD, CAD, AUD, and NZD pay $250 and receive a CruiseFirst certificate valued at $500 applied to your Norwegian Cruise Line Latitudes account. For MXN Pesos, pay MXN 5,000 and receive a CruiseFirst certificate valued at MXN 10,000 applied to your Norwegian Cruise Line Latitudes account.

I'm thinking that it's a possibility that the "free $250" offer will just be a respin of the existing $500 CruiseFirst.  I'm hoping that I am wrong about this.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sailing12Away said:

Hoping for the best, but expecting the prices to go up by 80% before they reduce them by 70% in this new "sale". Regardless, I'll be watching like a hawk and price checking things that were on my radar in a few days.

I believe that the 70% has already been in effect for several days.  I repriced four cruises and saved a bit of $$$.  I think the only new thing is the $250 FCC.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I believe that the 70% has already been in effect for several days.  I repriced four cruises and saved a bit of $$$.  I think the only new thing is the $250 FCC.

Some of the 2024 cruises I priced didn't have an airfare option - supposedly that will also happen.

I just 'held' a cruise til Wednesday to see what the sale looks like - I want to go on this particular date etc, so we will see if it is worth paying the deposit this week or holding off til the cruise in December and booking onboard...

3 minutes ago, tafawke said:

I just 'held' a cruise til Wednesday to see what the sale looks like - I want to go on this particular date etc, so we will see if it is worth paying the deposit this week or holding off til the cruise in December and booking onboard...

Precisely why I always keep a couple of CruiseNext certificates on hand - I also put a couple of cruises on hold but will put down a deposit once I see the new pricing/promos.  The $250 OBC and airfare should be additional (2024 cruises).  Lots of time to watch pricing and adjust as time goes on, no additional money out of pocket.  But thanks for the reminder to check pricing while onboard next month.

15 hours ago, complawyer said:

if  you believe that ncl is now running "the greatest  sale ever" and you will get a great deal i have lakefront property in las vegas i would like to sell you.

contact through this thread

OMG!! NCL must really think their cruisers are dumb. 

14 hours ago, tafawke said:

If we have a cruise held today and the price changes tomorrow, which rate applies if we book?

12 hours ago, kruisinagain said:

If we have a cruise held today and the price changes tomorrow, which rate applies if we book?

If you hold something today it basically locks in that price and promotions. So if it happens to go down in price tomorrow you’d have to cancel your hold and just book new. 

4 minutes ago, Cruise Gopher said:

If you hold something today it basically locks in that price and promotions. So if it happens to go down in price tomorrow you’d have to cancel your hold and just book new. 

I don’t believe you need to cancel a hold. They just expire on their own. 

I just booked two new cruises.  No mention of the free $250 on the invoices.  Checking the terms and conditions, I find the following:

"FREE $250 (CruiseFirst)
Booking Window: November 16, 2021 12:00 am EST - December 9, 2021 11:59 pm EST

1. CruiseFirst certificates are valid for new reservations ONLY that book and sail within 3 years of original certificate purchase date. Voyage date must be more than 120 days from original purchase date. Not applicable towards canceled / rebooked reservations. If a guest with an existing reservation cancels and rebooks the same ship and sail date with a CruiseFirst certificate, the additional value of the CruiseFirst certificate will be removed.
  2. CruiseFirst certificates expire 3 years after purchase date and become null and void at expiration. Limit one CruiseFirst certificate that may be used per reservation. No black-out dates will apply. Reservations are subject to availability. CruiseFirst certificates are not combinable with CruiseNext, chartered sailings, barter cruises, employee discounts, friends and family pricing, Sailaway (categories: IX, OX, BX, MX), interline and travel agent rates.
  3. CruiseFirst $500 Offer - For USD, CAD, AUD, and NZD pay $250 and receive a CruiseFirst certificate valued at $500 applied to your Norwegian Cruise Line Latitudes account. For MXN Pesos, pay MXN 5,000 and receive a CruiseFirst certificate valued at MXN 10,000 applied to your Norwegian Cruise Line Latitudes account.
  4. Your CruiseFirst certificate(s) may be redeemed as a deposit or as a payment towards your new reservation’s grand total with a sail date greater than 120 days from purchase date. New reservations must be in the same currency as your CruiseFirst certificate. Reservation currencies vary by market and certificates are not eligible to be exchanged to another currency.
  5. CruiseFirst certificates are NON-REFUNDABLE, have no cash value, and are not redeemable or exchangeable with Norwegian Cruise Line for cash.
  6. CruiseFirst certificates are transferable to another guest at no charge. CruiseFirst certificates remain subject to all CruiseFirst certificate terms and conditions after transfer. Original CruiseFirst certificate owner forfeits all rights of ownership once transfer has been completed.
  7. CruiseFirst certificates are charged in either USD, CAD, AUD, NZD, or MXN Pesos. You must be 21 years of age or older to purchase or receive a transferred CruiseFirst certificate. Credit card payments accepted only and only one credit card per transaction is permitted. A maximum of ten (10) CruiseFirst certificates may be purchased per person. CruiseFirst certificates can only be applied in full and cannot be divided as payment for multiple reservations.
  8. CruiseFirst certificates are only valid for sailings of six (6) days or longer.
  9. CruiseFirst certificates satisfy full deposit requirement for stateroom categories up to and including Club Balcony Suite or can be applied as partial payment towards higher categories."

IOW, it's as I speculated earlier in the thread.  Just the standard CruiseFirst deal.  Nothing new to see here.....

• Like 1

On 11/14/2021 at 12:41 PM, ChiefMateJRK said:

I've never been a buyer of the cruise first, cruise next, etc. "deals" where I have to give NCL non-refundable payment for a future cruise.  Obviously, that made my life easier during Covid.  That said, I did just pull up NCL's cruise first "deal."

1. CruiseFirst $500 Offer - For USD, CAD, AUD, and NZD pay $250 and receive a CruiseFirst certificate valued at $500 applied to your Norwegian Cruise Line Latitudes account. For MXN Pesos, pay MXN 5,000 and receive a CruiseFirst certificate valued at MXN 10,000 applied to your Norwegian Cruise Line Latitudes account.

I'm thinking that it's a possibility that the "free $250" offer will just be a respin of the existing $500 CruiseFirst.  I'm hoping that I am wrong about this.

Unfortunately, I wasn't wrong here....

20 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I just booked two new cruises.  No mention of the free $250 on the invoices.  Checking the terms and conditions, I find the following:

"FREE $250 (CruiseFirst)

1. CruiseFirst certificates are valid for new reservations ONLY that book and sail within 3 years of original certificate purchase date. Voyage date must be more than 120 days from original purchase date. Not applicable towards canceled / rebooked reservations. If a guest with an existing reservation cancels and rebooks the same ship and sail date with a CruiseFirst certificate, the additional value of the CruiseFirst certificate will be removed.
  2. CruiseFirst certificates expire 3 years after purchase date and become null and void at expiration. Limit one CruiseFirst certificate that may be used per reservation. No black-out dates will apply. Reservations are subject to availability. CruiseFirst certificates are not combinable with CruiseNext, chartered sailings, barter cruises, employee discounts, friends and family pricing, Sailaway (categories: IX, OX, BX, MX), interline and travel agent rates.
  3. CruiseFirst $500 Offer - For USD, CAD, AUD, and NZD pay $250 and receive a CruiseFirst certificate valued at $500 applied to your Norwegian Cruise Line Latitudes account. For MXN Pesos, pay MXN 5,000 and receive a CruiseFirst certificate valued at MXN 10,000 applied to your Norwegian Cruise Line Latitudes account.
  4. Your CruiseFirst certificate(s) may be redeemed as a deposit or as a payment towards your new reservation’s grand total with a sail date greater than 120 days from purchase date. New reservations must be in the same currency as your CruiseFirst certificate. Reservation currencies vary by market and certificates are not eligible to be exchanged to another currency.
  5. CruiseFirst certificates are NON-REFUNDABLE, have no cash value, and are not redeemable or exchangeable with Norwegian Cruise Line for cash.
  6. CruiseFirst certificates are transferable to another guest at no charge. CruiseFirst certificates remain subject to all CruiseFirst certificate terms and conditions after transfer. Original CruiseFirst certificate owner forfeits all rights of ownership once transfer has been completed.
  7. CruiseFirst certificates are charged in either USD, CAD, AUD, NZD, or MXN Pesos. You must be 21 years of age or older to purchase or receive a transferred CruiseFirst certificate. Credit card payments accepted only and only one credit card per transaction is permitted. A maximum of ten (10) CruiseFirst certificates may be purchased per person. CruiseFirst certificates can only be applied in full and cannot be divided as payment for multiple reservations.
  8. CruiseFirst certificates are only valid for sailings of six (6) days or longer.
  9. CruiseFirst certificates satisfy full deposit requirement for stateroom categories up to and including Club Balcony Suite or can be applied as partial payment towards higher categories."

IOW, it's as I speculated earlier in the thread.  Just the standard CruiseFirst deal.  Nothing new to see here.....

Thank you for posting the terms and conditions.   I just spent 15 minutes repricing and could not get the $250 to come up.  Now I know why.

6 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

"FREE $250 (CruiseFirst)

Hi, if you buy a CruiseFirst certificate, can you use it if you book your cruise through a travel agent or say an online travel site?  Or do you have to book through NCL directly?   Thanks!

7 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

CruiseFirst certificates expire 3 years after purchase date and become null and void at expiration.

Is the purchase date the booking, final payment, or cruise start? 

Edited by vacationut