“Greatest deal ever” sale begins November 16th

Cruise Gopher

4 minutes ago, trex-de said:

Looked at my booked cruise for 2022 and 2023.  Exact same price. No indication of a obc (maybe that has been addressed in the thread above but did not have time to read). 

Marketing. NCL has a different way to say the same thing. 

There is no OBC as part of this promo.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, trex-de said:

Soooo then, what does FREE $250 mean?   I assumed it was an OBC but I did not read the fine print but only glanced the landing page billboard.

You have the right to buy and use a FirstCruise certificate giving you $250 to use on your cruise (if your cruise meets the terms of the CruiseFirst certificates).

I found the same thing with our sailings in October, 2022 out of Athens (back to back for 14 days). One went down $50 total. The other went up $300. Greatest deal never. 

I even priced up upgrade options to a non-Haven suite and, well, that was a pricey, cold water reality shower. 

-Randall-

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, MeHeartCruising said:

You have the right to buy and use a FirstCruise certificate giving you $250 to use on your cruise (if your cruise meets the terms of the CruiseFirst certificates).

WOW.  This is crazy, even for NCL.  I've been waiting for this sale to book my next cruise thinking I would actually get a cruise first cert as part of booking.  If I'm going to spend $250, I might as well get a cruise next, which has less restrictions.  Even the T&C don't clearly spell out that you're only getting the opportunity to buy a $250 cruise first (with a $500 value) vs the standard $150.  Marketing at its best......

15 minutes ago, bbnmom said:

yay!!! I rebooked mine and saved 400 dollars. lost my 3x points but that wouldn't help me out at this point.

Congratulations as you seem to be in the minuscule minority.   Did you previously reprice with the prior promotion?   

So needless to say I am super confused by the CRUISE FIRST part of the offer.  I have an existing cruise booked for January 23rd.  I have not yet made my final payment.  I have talked to NCL a few times but get conficting information so decided to post here instead.  

If I pay the $250 required will I then have $500 in my Latitudes account to put towards my January cruise?  Or is there way more to this than I am realizing?

I have been told I have to cancel and rebook.  I have been told I don't have to cancel and rebook.  I have been told it is only for certain cruises but no one can tell me what those cruises are.  I have been told that the cruise has to be further out than when ours is.  

Help.

46 minutes ago, kdpatte said:

So needless to say I am super confused by the CRUISE FIRST part of the offer.  I have an existing cruise booked for January 23rd.  I have not yet made my final payment.  I have talked to NCL a few times but get conficting information so decided to post here instead.  

If I pay the $250 required will I then have $500 in my Latitudes account to put towards my January cruise?  Or is there way more to this than I am realizing?

I have been told I have to cancel and rebook.  I have been told I don't have to cancel and rebook.  I have been told it is only for certain cruises but no one can tell me what those cruises are.  I have been told that the cruise has to be further out than when ours is.  

Help.

It can't be applied to an existing booking and it can't even be used if you do a cancel and rebook for the same ship and date. Also it requires you book a cruise at least 120 days in advance. All the answers are in the CruiseFirst terms and conditions on NCL's website:

https://www.ncl.com/cruisefirst-program

CRUISEFIRST PROGRAM

CruiseFirst certificates are valid for new reservations ONLY that book and sail within 3 years of original certificate purchase date. Voyage date must be more than 120 days from original purchase date. Not applicable towards canceled / rebooked reservations. If a guest with an existing reservation cancels and rebooks the same ship and sail date with a CruiseFirst certificate, the additional value of the CruiseFirst certificate will be removed.

CruiseFirst certificates expire 3 years after purchase date and become null and void at expiration. Limit one CruiseFirst certificate that may be used per reservation. No black-out dates will apply. Reservations are subject to availability. CruiseFirst certificates are not combinable with CruiseNext, chartered sailings, barter cruises, employee discounts, friends and family pricing, Sailaway (categories: IX, OX, BX, MX), interline and travel agent rates.

CruiseFirst $500 Offer - For USD, CAD, AUD, and NZD pay $250 and receive a CruiseFirst certificate valued at $500 applied to your Norwegian Cruise Line Latitudes account. For MXN Pesos, pay MXN 5,000 and receive a CruiseFirst certificate valued at MXN 10,000 applied to your Norwegian Cruise Line Latitudes account.

Your CruiseFirst certificate(s) may be redeemed as a deposit or as a payment towards your new reservation’s grand total with a sail date greater than 120 days from purchase date. New reservations must be in the same currency as your CruiseFirst certificate. Reservation currencies vary by market and certificates are not eligible to be exchanged to another currency.

CruiseFirst certificates are NON-REFUNDABLE, have no cash value, and are not redeemable or exchangeable with Norwegian Cruise Line for cash.

CruiseFirst certificates are transferable to another guest at no charge. CruiseFirst certificates remain subject to all CruiseFirst certificate terms and conditions after transfer. Original CruiseFirst certificate owner forfeits all rights of ownership once transfer has been completed.

CruiseFirst certificates are charged in either USD, CAD, AUD, NZD, or MXN Pesos. You must be 21 years of age or older to purchase or receive a transferred CruiseFirst certificate. Credit card payments accepted only and only one credit card per transaction is permitted. A maximum of ten  CruiseFirst certificates may be purchased per person. CruiseFirst certificates can only be applied in full and cannot be divided as payment for multiple reservations.

CruiseFirst certificates are only valid for sailings of six (6) days or longer.

CruiseFirst certificates satisfy full deposit requirement for stateroom categories up to and including Club Balcony Suite or can be applied as partial payment towards higher categories.

2 hours ago, kdpatte said:

Help.

NO!  Don't do it.  The CruiseFirst certificates are only good for cruises more than 120 days out.  So your January one doesn't fit.  If you were booking a cruise for next summer or fall, then yes.  That's what you would do.  For your January cruise, that part of the promo is worthless.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, vacation44 said:

Congratulations as you seem to be in the minuscule minority.   Did you previously reprice with the prior promotion?   

I believe I booked when it was the 30% forever deal with the extra points and that I had rebooked from the prior 30% off with no extra points and saved about 50 dollars if I recall correctly. So yes I am happy. On the same token they are getting half of it back by no longer testing for free at embarkation. I will have to pay them or someone 2 days prior.