RCL leaving Bayonne Questions

• March 30, 2005
  • Upstate NY

We are leaving on Anthem out of Bayonne at end of November. A few years ago we sailed out of Bayonne in the middle of winter, we had to wait outside in the elements (snow, wind, very cold) after disembarkation until our tour bus arrived to pick us up... It was below zero and we waited approx 1 hour... I was wondering if they are doing  the same now? If so i want to be prepared.... They had told us the reason we had to stay outside was because they were in the process of building a new terminal and there wasn't room...Can anyone tell me if they have changed their protocol? We also had to wait outside to embark too. Thanking you in advance.  

Premier -94                                                            NCL Pride of Aloha -08                    Jewel of The Seas -16                   Anthem of The Seas -19

Premier -96                                                            Freedom of The Seas -10                Allure of The Seas-17                    Freedom of The Seas- 21

Carnival Inspiration -05                                        Carnival Valor -13                             Freedom of The Seas -18              Freedom of The Seas -21

Carnival Elation -07                                               Quantum -15                                     Adventure of The Seas -18            Odyssey -22

Expand signature  
Duffys wife 1957
 Reply to this topic...
  • Forum Jump 

Go

With the new terminal (well newer than what used to be there lol), there is a room outside the terminal but attached in that you have to go outside and then back into the room that you can wait in, but it's out front where cars dropoff and pick up.  Although I think you can see the bus parking area from there too.  We've done three cruises out of the new terminal and have always been able to just walk in.  But, not sure how they're handling things right now for embarkation.

Edited by BND

5 minutes ago, Duffys wife 1957 said:

I mean do we have to wait outside for our shuttle bus pickup outside in the elements

As I said, yes, if there’s a long line and/or you are not there during your check in time, you may  need to wait outside. 

1 hour ago, Duffys wife 1957 said:

I mean do we have to wait outside for our shuttle bus pickup outside in the elements? I am sorry I wasn't clear...The last time I sailed out of Bayonne it was frigid...

As I said, there is a room.  It faces the drop off/pickup area. Some don't seem to understand you are asking about AFTER the cruise lol.

22 minutes ago, BND said:

As I said, there is a room.  It faces the drop off/pickup area. Some don't seem to understand you are asking about AFTER the cruise lol.

They did away with that room awhile ago.  Unless they built a new one since Covid started, you’ll have to stand outside in the elements. 

@Duffys wife 1957 - what you experienced at Cape Liberty in 2005 bears no resemblance to the experience today.

There is a new terminal, and you don't check in at a tent and wait for a shuttle bus to take you a ways down the pier to the waiting cruise ship.

There is a parking garage right at the new terminal building.  You can drop off luggage and then park, or park and then wheel your luggage a short way to the front of the terminal building where porters take your bags.  If you are being dropped off, you will be dropped off right in front of the building and you leave  your bags with the porters.

Now that you have an assigned time to arrive, because of Covid, if you arrive earlier, you may not be able to enter the building.  Other than that, you would be able to go right in for check-in.  Have all of your travel documents in hand, as you will be showing them multiple times to multiple people.

When you leave the ship at the end of your cruise, you will pick up your luggage at your numbered station, wait in line for your turn at the facial recognition cameras, then walk straight out.  If your transportation is not waiting for you, you will go to an assigned spot (based on which kind of transportation you are using) to wait.  There are benches and bathroom facilities.  I have waited in the cold, once for a VERY long time because my shuttle was very very very late.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Croozin Soozin said:

They did away with that room awhile ago.  Unless they built a new one since Covid started, you’ll have to stand outside in the elements. 

We were last there on Anthem in late 2018.  How'd they do away with it?  Just lock it up? It's part of the building so I doubt they tore it down.  

9 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

There is a parking garage right at the new terminal building.  You can drop off luggage and then park, or park and then wheel your luggage a short way to the front of the terminal building where porters take your bags. Now that you have an assigned time to arrive, because of Covid, if you arrive earlier, you may not be able to enter the building.  Other than that, you would be able to go right in for check-in.

An “arrival question” for Merion_Mom or anyone who has cruised from Bayonne post-restart:

Having never been to the Cape Liberty Cruise Port area I wanted to (rain and snowy weather dependent, of course) visit the Tear Drop Memorial before getting in the check-in line (I have an 1130am slot). The plan was to arrive and drop off my luggage around 10am, head for the parking garage and get some pictures of the ship from the garage top deck vantage point, then walk down to the memorial for some pictures around 1030. 

Will they allow me to drop off my luggage that early (10am), or should I just leave it in the car and go back for it after visiting the memorial? And then give it to the porters at that time? 

15 minutes ago, matt1 said:

An “arrival question” for Merion_Mom or anyone who has cruised from Bayonne post-restart:

Having never been to the Cape Liberty Cruise Port area I wanted to (rain and snowy weather dependent, of course) visit the Tear Drop Memorial before getting in the check-in line (I have an 1130am slot). The plan was to arrive and drop off my luggage around 10am, head for the parking garage and get some pictures of the ship from the garage top deck vantage point, then walk down to the memorial for some pictures around 1030. 

Will they allow me to drop off my luggage that early (10am), or should I just leave it in the car and go back for it after visiting the memorial? And then give it to the porters at that time? 

you can do either way 

image.png.986c54e2233d3551d347c54e87da5a8e.png

• Thanks 1

On 11/11/2021 at 8:38 AM, matt1 said:

You will be directed by traffic agents at the port to the luggage drop zone before you can get to the garage. Drop your luggage, proceed to the garage, take the parking ticket with you on the ship. It is a short walk to the memorial.

• Thanks 1