**** CARNIVAL COVID TESTING THREAD #1 **** PLEASE READ!!!!!

Host Carolyn

I received an email from Carnival today discussing Covid vaccination card requirements. Among them was "Vaccine type, dates administered and lot numbers must be clearly visible". On my wife's vaccination card, the lot number for her second dose in missing. Months ago she contacted several California offices for assistance but has yet to hear back from any of them. Will this be an issue when she presents her card to board next week?

Thanks,

Jon

Odd eMed shipping Issue.

I just went to order a 6-Pack from eMed.com and got to the order shipping page and I got back the following:

We are sorry but there are no options available for shipping near the address provided.

Why this is so odd is I live in in a major city suburb ( Fort Worth, Texas), USPS & FEDEX & UPS drive by constantly, AND I have ordered, and had delivered, an eMed 6-Pack to this same address previously.

I have to think it has to do with a major availability influx of orders and/or the Christmas shipping overload. We are not cruising till late January (My current back-up tests expire mid January), but will try again after the Christmas rush.

My SO and I are supposed to cruise out of Tampa on 12/26. He bought us the Binax tests to show we don't have Covid because it appeared to him that with the Christmas holiday there would be no testing facilities open to test us within the required timeframe. Bc I'm a micromanager, I went behind him to read the Covid rules on the Carnival site. Based upon what I read there, it appeared to me that we *could* get tested Thursday (the last day Quest labs are open in our area for testing before the holiday) for our setting sail Sunday. So, I scheduled us for tests. However, it will be slightly over 72 hours. Does anyone know how strictly the ship will look at the hours? Like, will they look at the day more than the hours? Or do you think we are wasting our time by trying to get the Quest tests? I'm just worried about the Binax tests given the negative feedback I've read about them in this thread. Also, I would like to hang onto that test as a just in case for taking on the ship with is for if either of us start experiencing symptoms. 

3 minutes ago, saltyesty said:

My SO and I are supposed to cruise out of Tampa on 12/26. He bought us the Binax tests to show we don't have Covid because it appeared to him that with the Christmas holiday there would be no testing facilities open to test us within the required timeframe. Bc I'm a micromanager, I went behind him to read the Covid rules on the Carnival site. Based upon what I read there, it appeared to me that we *could* get tested Thursday (the last day Quest labs are open in our area for testing before the holiday) for our setting sail Sunday. So, I scheduled us for tests. However, it will be slightly over 72 hours. Does anyone know how strictly the ship will look at the hours? Like, will they look at the day more than the hours? Or do you think we are wasting our time by trying to get the Quest tests? I'm just worried about the Binax tests given the negative feedback I've read about them in this thread. Also, I would like to hang onto that test as a just in case for taking on the ship with is for if either of us start experiencing symptoms. 

Carnival only counts the days, not hours, so you can take the test any time on Thursday.

4 hours ago, f1jon said:

I received an email from Carnival today discussing Covid vaccination card requirements. Among them was "Vaccine type, dates administered and lot numbers must be clearly visible". On my wife's vaccination card, the lot number for her second dose in missing. Months ago she contacted several California offices for assistance but has yet to hear back from any of them. Will this be an issue when she presents her card to board next week?

Thanks,

Jon

Yes. This will be a serious issue. They do look at the CDC vaccination card carefully. It must be in compliance with Carnival's  requirements. Sorry. 

Sailing on Dec 29 out of Long Beach to Mexico and taking a “belt and suspenders” approach to testing. Scheduled tests at CVS on the 27th in San Mateo before driving south to port. AND have six Binax tests in our luggage AND plan to get to LAX early for rental car drop-off and transfer to port in case CVS falls through since LAX has testing locations. 

now, of we can only get off the ship in Cabo!  

6 hours ago, saltyesty said:

Are any of you unvaccinated with exemptions?  They are the ONLY ones that are allowed to test 72 hours before.  Everyone else has to present a negative test NO MORE THAN TWO DAYS before boarding.  So a test taken any time on Thursday for a departure on Sunday is not going to cut it.  And yes, they check this (at least they checked on my two non-Carnival cruises).  I'm sorry to bring you the bad news, but I hope I'm in time to prevent you from wasting your time.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, RGEDad said:

Odd eMed shipping Issue.

I just went to order a 6-Pack from eMed.com and got to the order shipping page and I got back the following:

We are sorry but there are no options available for shipping near the address provided.

Shipping Issue Resolved

Just Went back into the eMed.com site and tried to re-order - and this time the order went through without issue. 

$150 for the product, $32 to the fine overworked FedEx folks for overnight (no other shipping option) and $12 to the Great State of Texas.

So all set for my next three cruises...

Now if i can just figure out how to get the Omicron beast off my back...

• Like 1

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question.  As we were getting tested for our Dec 19 cruise on the Pride, my wife's result came back as positive.  We are fully vaxxed and boosted.  My test came back negative.  We cancelled that cruise (no hassles from Carnival, credit card is already credited). 

We have another cruise scheduled for Jan 8.  We both got retested today (it has been 10 days since her symptoms appeared and she no longer has symptoms).  Once again, her test came back positive and mine is negative.  According to the CDC, it is possible for her to remain positive (with no symptoms) for weeks or even more than 90 days and also according to my understanding from the CDC site, there is no real need to be retested.

Am concerned that based upon Carnival's testing requirement, if she tests positive we will not be able to cruise.  We tried talking to Carnival and the person we talked to said they had no guidance on this.

17 minutes ago, barneco said:

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question.  As we were getting tested for our Dec 19 cruise on the Pride, my wife's result came back as positive.  We are fully vaxxed and boosted.  My test came back negative.  We cancelled that cruise (no hassles from Carnival, credit card is already credited). 

We have another cruise scheduled for Jan 8.  We both got retested today (it has been 10 days since her symptoms appeared and she no longer has symptoms).  Once again, her test came back positive and mine is negative.  According to the CDC, it is possible for her to remain positive (with no symptoms) for weeks or even more than 90 days and also according to my understanding from the CDC site, there is no real need to be retested.

Am concerned that based upon Carnival's testing requirement, if she tests positive we will not be able to cruise.  We tried talking to Carnival and the person we talked to said they had no guidance on this.

Hopefully her tests will be coming back negative by Jan 8th, but unfortunately you will still be denied boarding until she tests negative.

On 12/23/2021 at 3:16 PM, RoperDK said:

If your cruise leaves on Sunday, then you must test either Friday or Saturday.  It isn't 48 hours exactly, but within the entire 2 days before.

We are on a Jan 2 sail date and we are testing on Dec 31. Our testing instructions specifically said to test on Friday or Saturday.  It was hard to find a place that was open but we were able to get an appointment. 

• Like 1

According to the Carnival website, a test for vaccinated can also be administered on the day of sailing if results are available before check-in.  So for a Sunday embarkation, testing can be done Friday, Saturday, or Sunday.

• Like 1

On 11/11/2021 at 3:52 PM, Wennfred said:

What kind of proof of testing will Carnival accept?

Acceptable proof of PCR/antigen COVID-19 testing includes laboratory test record, digital certificate and healthcare record.

The results must show first and last name, date of birth, type of test (NAAT or antigen), date and time the sample was taken, test result as either “NEGATIVE” or “NOT DETECTED,” laboratory/testing site or healthcare provider details.

If there is doubt as to the authenticity or validity of the test, and the testing facility or healthcare provider is not able to be contacted for verification purposes, embarkation may be denied.

Highly recommend you have a print out, your phone or iPad/tablet with this information could be lost or a dead battery.  I keep my copy with my boarding documents.

Fred

Will Carnival accept a rapid antigen test or doesn’t it have to be a PCR test?

On 12/18/2021 at 2:40 PM, Wennfred said:

If you have any Covid related questions while onboard Panorama, just go to the December 18th 2021, Carnival Panorama roll call and ask there.

Fred

I was on that cruise. It took a little while to get in and check the medical docs, the get in another line to check in and get on board but it wasn't horrible. Just a lot of angry staff yelling at everyone.

There was some discrepancy between staff about masks outside but I generally did not wear one outside and was fine. 

At several points midweek they started calling names of guests who needed to check into guest services. No explanation. My theory is they were suspected of having contact with someone infected with covid or they had perhaps gone to the infirmary and were being called to isolate the rest of the trip. I got home friday and took an at home PCR with negative results. Going to a testing center tomorrow to get another one since my family (I live alone) doesn't trust the at home for whatever reason.

12 minutes ago, leitmotif said:

I was on that cruise. It took a little while to get in and check the medical docs, the get in another line to check in and get on board but it wasn't horrible. Just a lot of angry staff yelling at everyone.

There was some discrepancy between staff about masks outside but I generally did not wear one outside and was fine. 

At several points midweek they started calling names of guests who needed to check into guest services. No explanation. My theory is they were suspected of having contact with someone infected with covid or they had perhaps gone to the infirmary and were being called to isolate the rest of the trip. I got home friday and took an at home PCR with negative results. Going to a testing center tomorrow to get another one since my family (I live alone) doesn't trust the at home for whatever reason.

7 people are complaining on another forum that they are positive, probably the same ones that were all jammed inside the jacuzzi.

Anyways 4000 passengers and I didn’t see anyone sick, I tested yesterday with the OTC kit, no issues. I wore my N95 mask and my black cloth mask over it.

No one seen in isolation nor anyone walking around in Hazmat suits. It was a great cruise.

Everyone complied with the rules and was told to wear their masks if they forgot to put it on.

• Like 3

The ones they were calling were people that have not been seen for a while by their cabin stewards, their cabins were untouched. Those people just stayed with their relatives in another cabin and didn’t notify their cabin steward that they would be sleeping somewhere else. The cabin steward notified their Lead or supervisor and they contacted guest services and security.

Just now, Wennfred said:

The ones they were calling were people that have not been seen for a while by their cabin stewards, their cabins were untouched. Those people just stayed with their relatives in another cabin and didn’t notify their cabin steward that they would be sleeping somewhere else. The cabin steward notified their Lead or supervisor and they contacted guest services and security.

Were you on the same cruise? 12/18-24?

This was my first cruise in a decade. Both on Carnival and I don't think I'll be cruising with them again in the future.

Yes same cruise, this was my 3rd time this year on carnival Panorama and out of 25 cruises this one was of the best, the embarkation and disembarkation was a breeze. 

To let everyone know, Customs now uses a face recognition system, you walk off the ship, pick up your luggage and walk to where they look at your face with the iPad and you leave. There are 2 lines, one for those with birth certificate and the other line with passports, the face scan takes 5 seconds and you’re off.

By the time I got to the parking lot I was tired because you don’t stop, 

As far as people being called over the loud speakers midweek, these were passengers that were not seen by their Cabin Steward for a while because they were sleeping in another cabin with their other relatives and did not tell their cabin Stewart. So they have to notify guests services and security.

• Like 1