**** CARNIVAL COVID TESTING THREAD #1 **** PLEASE READ!!!!!

Host Carolyn

On 11/29/2021 at 10:34 PM, MoTex said:

Is this the correct test at Walgreens?

887FA391-CDC5-4F1C-A53A-3C18121523A1.jpeg

Yes, just off Pride today, used Walgreens ID NOW and got results in a couple hours. Accepted at Port. Actually worker who checked our Vax info simply looked at Vaccine cards and our names and browsed the Covid Test paperwork I had printed out and as soon as she spotted the word “negative” she waved us on, there is no way she could have even read what test we had done. 

1 hour ago, aamechs2 said:

How are B2B cruises handled for Covid testing?  We are on the Carnival Vista Jan 22-29 and then Jan 29-Feb5

Our PVP said Carnival is doing complimentary testing for their B2B cruisers. We have a B2B end of January. She made certain our two cruises were linked so Carnival would realize we were B2B and they would need to test us. 

• Thanks 1

We live on Long Island, in NY and after googling CVS and Walgreens, not one of them offer a rapid test. I find this mind boggling. We made an appointment for a CVS somewhere in NYC who offer the quick Antigen test. Without having to go thru this entire thread, is this sufficient? 

They say I will receive the results in about an hour, so what do I do with the results, print them out or are they sent as a text and I just need to show that when we board?

We are cruising this Sunday.

Cheers

Len

It doesn't pertain to Cruise Travellers.

It actually doesn't pertain to land borders either, which is weird.

Just like cruise ships have had different rules in regards to Covid testing to ENTER those countries, cruise ships have different rules to ENTER back into the U.S.

I am Canadian so have to deal with this rule. I am flying/cruising on Dec 26th so need to do a test on Christmas Day.

25 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

The only difference in testing is it drops from 3 days to 1 day. You already had to be tested before international flights.

Yep. Big difference though. Cruise is Dec 26th.  I have to get a test on Christmas Day when everything is closed.

With a 3 day testing window (and 2 day testing window for cruises) I could get tested on Christmas Eve when things are open.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Giantfan13 said:

We live on Long Island, in NY and after googling CVS and Walgreens, not one of them offer a rapid test. I find this mind boggling. We made an appointment for a CVS somewhere in NYC who offer the quick Antigen test. Without having to go thru this entire thread, is this sufficient? 

They say I will receive the results in about an hour, so what do I do with the results, print them out or are they sent as a text and I just need to show that when we board?

Cheers

Len

Print it out if you can - its easier than having to log in and pull it up 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, K_e_short said:

Yep. Big difference though. Cruise is Dec 26th.  I have to get a test on Christmas Day when everything is closed.

With a 3 day testing window (and 2 day testing window for cruises) I could get tested on Christmas Eve when things are open.

Urgent care facilities in the US never take a day off, weather permitting. I'm also thinking there is an at home test you could take to satisfy the requirements.

50 minutes ago, K_e_short said:

That does make things difficult during the holidays.  Unfortunately, travelling is going to be a challenge until this damned pandemic is under control.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Giantfan13 said:

Cheers

Len

I don't know where you live on Long Island, but we use AFC for our testing. (American Family Care). We use the one in East Meadow, but they also have branches in Farmingdale and West Islip.  They are wonderful - we get rapid tests, in and out in 15 minutes.  They give you a printout of results.  They are also open 7 days a week.  You make an appt. online.

• Like 1

I do NOT recommend taking the  emed home proctored BinaxNOW test.  While I  was helped immediately to take the test, I have been waiting online now for 4 hours for a proctor to return to confirm my results. I have also been on  hold on the phone for nearly 3 hours to try to get assistance.  If you  must do this, make sure you don't have meetings or actually have to work for the entire day.  SO STRESSFUL!!!!!!!!!!!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 2fromaurora said:

I do NOT recommend taking the  emed home proctored BinaxNOW test.  While I  was helped immediately to take the test, I have been waiting online now for 4 hours for a proctor to return to confirm my results. I have also been on  hold on the phone for nearly 3 hours to try to get assistance.  If you  must do this, make sure you don't have meetings or actually have to work for the entire day.  SO STRESSFUL!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you ever get this resolved? I thought the test is invalid to read after a period of time. I hope this has a happy ending!

Edited by cpshaye

3 hours ago, 2fromaurora said:

Another issue wiht the BinaxNow test - my F-I-L just used one of those tests on Sunday, and tested Positive, so we got him a PCR test by a nearby lab and isolated him.  He had zero symptoms btw, and the PCR test came back negative.  This makes me think that the Binax tests have a possibility of returning false positives.  If folks are just counting on this test alone before getting on the cruise, and don't have a backup plan to get tested somewhere else in case of this type of scenario, that can create the exact stress that they are trying to avoid by spending money on these tests to begin with.  

IN our case, we are traveling to California and are in hotels ahead of our cruise from Long Beach, which departs on 27th, so we're going to have to get the tests done on the 26th. I was planning on using these tests for the entire group even though most of us have insurance coverage, but now I'm back to scheduling appt for a nearby Pharmacy or lab.  

9 minutes ago, pks3 said:

Another issue wiht the BinaxNow test - my F-I-L just used one of those tests on Sunday, and tested Positive, so we got him a PCR test by a nearby lab and isolated him.  He had zero symptoms btw, and the PCR test came back negative.  This makes me think that the Binax tests have a possibility of returning false positives.  If folks are just counting on this test alone before getting on the cruise, and don't have a backup plan to get tested somewhere else in case of this type of scenario, that can create the exact stress that they are trying to avoid by spending money on these tests to begin with.  

IN our case, we are traveling to California and are in hotels ahead of our cruise from Long Beach, which departs on 27th, so we're going to have to get the tests done on the 26th. I was planning on using these tests for the entire group even though most of us have insurance coverage, but now I'm back to scheduling appt for a nearby Pharmacy or lab.  

Any type of test from anywhere can give false positive or negative results. 

I agree with the backup (see my previous post.) Doing the BinaxNow test this Friday, and have cvs appt scheduled for Friday evening as back up. 

Good luck! 

4 hours ago, 2fromaurora said:

Ditto. I was waiting the 15 minutes for my results to be read and AWS goes down. Still haven’t been able to login again or connect to anyone. Gave up being on hold with Emed for over an hour. I did snap a picture of the test before time to read the test results had expired, but I’m pretty doubtful they can use it. Sure hope they get the site back up by tomorrow as we sail on Thursday and I don’t want to have to pay $150 for testing!

2 hours ago, cpshaye said:

Did you ever get this resolved? I thought the test is invalid to read after a period of time. I hope this has a happy ending!

I'm back at square one. I was online for 6 hours (on hold on the phone for 4) before they FINALLY had the message on their website that AWS had gone down.  So, sailing on Thursday and still no test results and will be on a plane all day tomorrow.  i guess I'll have to pay extra at MIA.  SO ANNOYED 

21 minutes ago, 2fromaurora said:

I'm back at square one. I was online for 6 hours (on hold on the phone for 4) before they FINALLY had the message on their website that AWS had gone down.  So, sailing on Thursday and still no test results and will be on a plane all day tomorrow.  i guess I'll have to pay extra at MIA.  SO ANNOYED 

Oh no! So it was part of the big Amazon outage that effected so many things! I'm so sorry you are going through this. 

Best wishes to you and your cruise party! 

30 minutes ago, 2fromaurora said:

I have been trying periodically to login to Emed today, just got logged in and connected to a proctor. Explained I had started the process earlier today but didn’t get results read. She scanned the test and restarted the timer. I’m waiting on the countdown now. Hopefully get results read from early today. Three minutes to go…