**** CARNIVAL COVID TESTING THREAD #1 **** PLEASE READ!!!!!

Host Carolyn

1 hour ago, calliope30 said:
Hello Cruisers. Just reconfirming a QR code like this will suffice at embarkation check-in if presented. (of course with valid passenger name and w/i 48 hours of departure date). Has anyone used this before? Thanks and Happy New Year!!

Cruising this weekend on the Carnival Vista 12/31/2021 (hopefully!!)

c19_LI.jpg

I'm not sure if it's allowed, someone please let me know.. But I ordered the abbott 2 pack for our cruise leaving Sunday Jan 2, but it doesn't look like it will be here in time and I will have no other need for it.. If anyone needs two tests sometime after January 10 and is interested in buying these from us, please let me know. We won't open them. (They won't allow returns)

2 hours ago, bunnyette said:

Uh oh…I’m a bit concerned about this fearmongering

CDC says cruises have high risk level

Not sure how CDC can say this when our state had positive cases today which would fill 10 + cruise ships. With this number of cases on shore it is inevitable that there will be an increase in cases on ships

On 12/24/2021 at 2:55 PM, day-day said:

According to the Carnival website, a test for vaccinated can also be administered on the day of sailing if results are available before check-in.  So for a Sunday embarkation, testing can be done Friday, Saturday, or Sunday.

For the Vaccinated: Yes

On their site: https://www.carnival.com/legal/covid-19-legal-notices/covid-19-guest-protocols

"The CDC requires pre-cruise testing for vaccinated guests, ages 2 and older, to be taken within two days prior to the sailing date. If the sailing is on Saturday, the test may be taken on Thursday and Friday, and as late as Saturday, if you are guaranteed to receive your results in time for check-in. "

For the UnVaccinated: No

"Guests ages 2 and older must present a negative PCR COVID-19 test, taken within 72 and 24 hours prior to the sailing date at check-in (for example, if the sailing is on Saturday, the test may be taken any time from Wednesday through Friday, but not on the morning of embarkation)."

9 hours ago, MomtherOfDragons said:

If anyone needs two tests sometime after January 10 and is interested in buying these from us, please let me know.

I believe these are technically prescribed medical products - and therefore you are not allowed to sell them. 

and as I recall - it is even stated on their web site.

13 hours ago, RGEDad said:

I believe these are technically prescribed medical products - and therefore you are not allowed to sell them. 

and as I recall - it is even stated on their web site.

We ended up using them anyway so not an issue... But I don't think they are technically RX because you can buy them OTC? So I could technically go out and buy 10 of them and distribute to my friends.. Unlike zofran or something of that nature... Is the way I understand it?

5 minutes ago, MomtherOfDragons said:

We ended up using them anyway so not an issue... But I don't think they are technically RX because you can buy them OTC? So I could technically go out and buy 10 of them and distribute to my friends.. Unlike zofran or something of that nature... Is the way I understand it?

The OTC tests don't have the proctored portion (you read the results yourself) and aren't permitted for pre-cruise testing.  There are different labels on the BinaxNow boxes:  RX for the proctored tests and OTC for the self administered/self read tests.  I think that the RX tests need to be bought on-line (or at least that is what the cruise lines recommend).

• Like 1

On 12/31/2021 at 10:55 AM, capriccio said:

The OTC tests don't have the proctored portion (you read the results yourself) and aren't permitted for pre-cruise testing.  There are different labels on the BinaxNow boxes:  RX for the proctored tests and OTC for the self administered/self read tests.  I think that the RX tests need to be bought on-line (or at least that is what the cruise lines recommend).

I bring the OTC kit with me on my cruise just Incase I feel something.  Then when I get home, I test 3 or 5 days after I get back just to make sure.

The OTC kits cost $23.00 at Walgreens and includes 2 test kits inside the box.

Fred

• Like 1

I was about to help a local San Diego resident here by providing 2 kits for sell so that I can replace mine as these would be close to expired in Feb but they could of used them on their last minute cruise they booked but looks like the moderator immediately deleted OBNancy’s post.

I ordered 2 additional kits for my Feb or May cruises and still have these 2 available. 

Fred

Just watched the video.  Thought it was interesting when he stated that RCCL would have a driver drive you to your location - gather if it was nearby.  We will be cruising out of Miami, but own a vacay condo in FLL.  If we test positive on our Jan. cruise I was hoping somehow to get to the condo to quarantine.  Would just cancel our flight back to JFK the day of debark.  Anyone know if CCL would also provide transportation?

13 hours ago, guxu said:

Anyone ordered at home test kits recently? The web site Carnival provided still says 2 to 3 business days and does not mention out of stock or delayed.

I ordered 2 kits from the Optum Store on Jan 1st, will arrive on the 4th.  Don’t know the expiration date on these. Will post that tomorrow on here

12 hours ago, czexrus said:

Does anyone know if carnival allows you to use the two test kits that come in the box for the binax home test for two different people? 
we have 6 people cruising and need to know if I order 3 kits or 6 kits. 

If you are talking about the OTC box with the 2 at home test kits inside it, then No.

For the AG eMed proctor kits, you get 2 for $70.00 so yes you will need 3 orders. That will equal to 6 kits.

Fred

Edited by Wennfred

1 minute ago, dcsham said:

I recommend ordering extra. If something happens during the test, like accidentally dropping the card or the swab on the floor then the entire test is voided. In fact, I actually did a practice test today using one of my extras and I’m glad I did.  Puts my mind much more at ease when I take the one that counts this Thursday. 

I agree, in fact Tony from La Lido Loca did just that, knocked his test to the floor while recording it for YouTube and had to start over.

Fred

• Like 1

We are scheduled to go on a Carnival cruise next Thursday on the Breeze. Unfortunately, my son is showing symptoms of COVID and the soonest I can get an appointment for him is this Friday.

Has anyone here come down with COVID within 14 days of cruising? What did Carnival require from you? What should I be prepared for?

And do I just call them and cancel? I tried calling today, but they said that they are too busy to take my call.

Edited by Psych0St@r22

when you get that message (too busy to answer right now), just call back immediately. Most people are having luck calling first thing in the morning (9am Eastern) for shorter wait times, although I called last night and didn't have to wait too long, probably under an hour. Having COVID/exposed to someone who tested positive for COVID within 14 days of sailing will not be allowed, so you will be able to move it/request a refund. I just got another letter from Christine Duffy today for our cruise this Friday, and it was for cruises up to the 14th. It had a link in there that you could use to cancel without having to call. 

1 hour ago, Psych0St@r22 said:

We are scheduled to go on a Carnival cruise next Thursday on the Breeze. Unfortunately, my son is showing symptoms of COVID and the soonest I can get an appointment for him is this Friday.

Have you tried your pediatrician’s office?  My preschool age granddaughter has been tested about a half dozen times at the pediatrician’s office.  They come out to the car to do the testing.

hope your son is feeling better soon!