Covid test - use CVS or Walgreens?

DaveOKC

2 hours ago, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

Which test  at CVS they have 2 different types  will Holland take ??

Holland will accept both the rapid antigen and PCR test but it's the rapid antigen test that you can get results within hours. The PCR test sometimes takes up to 3 days to get your results.

We used Walgreens (rapid antigen) and it went really well. When I booked for four of us it appeared they only had two appointments per 15 minute time slot so I had four appointments over an hour. We showed up at the drive-thru and were all tested within ten minutes. Very easy and we had our results within an hour. I cannot tell you how much I stressed over the whole process as we were driving three days before sailing and had to figure out where we’d be on a certain day/time. But now that I’ve done it I won’t be so worried next time! 

• Like 1

Currative.com. Tested today across from Broward Courthouse in Fort Lauderdale for our Tuesday cruise on the Eurodam. 1 hour results, rapid Pcr. Show Insurance card.

we were tested at 11:00 am, results by noon emailed. This is a walk in test, no car required.

Hi, All,

As we are traveling in Florida for five days before our 12/01/21 Rotterdam cruise, testing became my biggest concern. We will be in Port St. Lucie on 11/28 and have a test through Quest Diagnostics at a Walmart in Boynton Beach at 10 AM. Has anybody done a Quest test?

Jim

40 minutes ago, jeh10641 said:

Hi, All,

As we are traveling in Florida for five days before our 12/01/21 Rotterdam cruise, testing became my biggest concern. We will be in Port St. Lucie on 11/28 and have a test through Quest Diagnostics at a Walmart in Boynton Beach at 10 AM. Has anybody done a Quest test?

Jim

Hi Jim, not sure you realize how difficult it is to read your posts in this script. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jeh10641 said:

Thanks Seasick Sailor. Nobody has said thing before this. Does it come through differently than what I see? Here are two samples, same font size, side by side:

The quick brown fox...

The quick brown fox...

Jim

This is what one of your posts in the old font looks like on my iPad :

41558203-2CB2-4AB2-8C4B-23264E0245CC.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jeh10641 said:

Thanks Seasick Sailor. Nobody has said thing before this. Does it come through differently than what I see? Here are two samples, same font size, side by side:

The quick brown fox...

The quick brown fox...

Jim

This is what the above post looks like:

2B279F9E-D4E1-45AB-82D1-9CF4EEDC412A.jpeg

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, BobbiSox said:

I'm probably missing something here. I see a lot of information about the testing and when the results are delivered, but I can't find HOW or WHERE they are delivered. Will they be delivered to my cellphone? Thanks!

When we did our tests with CVS we were required to created a MyChart account for their Minute Clinic. We received our results on there as well as our emails that we had provided during the sign up process to get our appointments. We had them on our phone and also printed results to carry.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, *Miss G* said:

This is what one of your posts in the old font looks like on my iPad :

41558203-2CB2-4AB2-8C4B-23264E0245CC.jpeg

It must be an iPad thing.  Jim's posts are very clear and easy to read on my laptop - no issues at all.

Sue/WDW1972

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ulcards99 said:

Are you all finding that you have to pay at Walgreens or cvs for the test? If Walgreens isn’t asking if it is travel related, then are those tests being covered by insurance?

We paid zero at CVS for ours. We're on Medicare and they did ask for a copy of the card and they knew it was travel related.

1 hour ago, wdw1972 said:

It must be an iPad thing.  Jim's posts are very clear and easy to read on my laptop - no issues at all.

Exactly.  That's the problem with using "funky fonts" in a forum like this. They may look great to the person who creates them, but when the reader does not have that font, another one is substituted.  The substituted font may look very different, as some of the previous posters have shown.  Creating on Windows and reading on Apple is a typical cause.  Sticking with the basic fonts rarely causes grief 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/16/2021 at 5:51 AM, Cailey53 said:

When we did our tests with CVS we were required to created a MyChart account for their Minute Clinic. We received our results on there as well as our emails that we had provided during the sign up process to get our appointments. We had them on our phone and also printed results to carry.

On 11/16/2021 at 5:51 AM, Cailey53 said:

I just booked a "Rapid-result test (antigen)" with Minute Clinic at CVS like you did.  On the confirmation page however, it states "NOT ACCEPTED FOR MOST TRAVEL"  and on the email confirmation it says "If testing for travel, be sure that your selected test typeis accepted at your destination"!

Did you get these messages?  Is it something I should be concerned with or is it just a boilerplate disclaimer by them??

2 hours ago, DaveOKC said:

I just booked a "Rapid-result test (antigen)" with Minute Clinic at CVS like you did.  On the confirmation page however, it states "NOT ACCEPTED FOR MOST TRAVEL"  and on the email confirmation it says "If testing for travel, be sure that your selected test typeis accepted at your destination"!

Did you get these messages?  Is it something I should be concerned with or is it just a boilerplate disclaimer by them??

Yes, we got those messages too. I think it's just a stock disclaimer. We had no issues in October with the test for our K'dam sailing.

1 hour ago, Cailey53 said:

Yes, we got those messages too. I think it's just a stock disclaimer. We had no issues in October with the test for our K'dam sailing.

Thanks for the information, I figured as much but it is confusing.

Dave

• Like 1

For whatever it's worth here is our experience with the Abbot ID Now rapid test at Walgreens. 

• Most of the Walgreens in South Florida offer the Diagnostic Lab Test (PCR), but the time to get back results could be more than 48 hours. More than likely the turnaround time would be better, but we did not want to take a chance.
  • Select Walgreens in our area offer the Rapid Diagnostic Test (ID Now) which are processed in store and has a turnaround of less than 24 hours. We chose this test.
  • We had to make an online appointment at the closest location to our house.
  • Tests were done at the drive up window. We swabbed ourselves and returned the swab in a wrapper to the window.
  • We had to show Id. There was no charge and no insurance cards were required.
  • The ID Now test is a nucleic acid amplification test (NAAT). It is a "Molecular test or molecular diagnostic test". As others have said, this meets HAL's requirements.
  • We received an email with a link to the results in under an hour.  A PDF and QR code were both provided.
  • All in all, a smooth process.

Here is an excerpt from the results:

Walgreens-Test-Sample.jpg.c18ceae21e3e733b2f508808e40de21a.jpg

Apologies in advance if this is a "forum jump" (or whatever it's called), or if the question has been answered elsewhere.  I plead old age.

In any event, does "two days" prior to cruising mean 48 hours, or two days?  If our cruise departs on Sunday at 4:00 (for instance), then must our test be dated on or after Friday at 4:00, or can it take place anytime on Friday? 

10 minutes ago, Arrowinc said:

In any event, does "two days" prior to cruising mean 48 hours, or two days?  If our cruise departs on Sunday at 4:00 (for instance), then must our test be dated on or after Friday at 4:00, or can it take place anytime on Friday? 

Any test time on Friday, Saturday or even Sunday is accepted for a cruise departing on Sunday at 4 PM.