Covid test in Miami airport for Arrivals?

SarahT

Hello

We are due to fly into Miami from UK on 2 December. I am looking into options for our 2 day pre cruise covid test. I can see that there are 2 testing sites at Miami Airport but its not clear if those are just for departing passengers. Has anyone used them as an arriving passenger and if so how do you access them? 

Thanks

I'm flying into MIA tomorrow evening -- I can look around and see if I can find out for you.

You could also look into having the telehealth proctored version delivered to your hotel (check with the hotel to make sure they'd save the package until you get there) and doing the test yourself that way.

• Like 1

https://news.miami-airport.com/covid-19-testing-available-daily-at-mia-starting-may-21/

“On-site COVID-19 testing at Miami International Airport is now available to passengers, employees and visitors at two convenient locations…”

Since it’s available for “visitors and employees” I assume it’s available for arrivals. 

14 hours ago, brillohead said:

I'm flying into MIA tomorrow evening -- I can look around and see if I can find out for you.

You could also look into having the telehealth proctored version delivered to your hotel (check with the hotel to make sure they'd save the package until you get there) and doing the test yourself that way.

Thank you, that would be much appreciated. 

14 hours ago, SarahT said:

Thank you, that would be much appreciated. 

Unfortunately, I didn't see ANYTHING related to COVID testing.  Not sure if it was just the area I was in, or if it's done over at the Departures area, while I was in Arrivals.

• Like 1

Hi- I would try calling those phone #

Central Terminal facility, operated by Communitel and Family Rehab, Inc. and located at MIA’s Concourse E ground level median in front of Door 11, provides Antigen and Rapid PCR tests with results within 15 minutes and PCR tests with results within 40 minutes. The facility is open daily 24 hours a day for walk-ins and scheduled appointments. For testing costs or to schedule an appointment, call 305-869-1161. Customers will receive a written test result, or results can be emailed upon request.

MIA’s South Terminal testing facility, operated by Nomi Health and located near the Concourse H TSA Checkpoint on the departures level at Door 20, provides Antigen, PCR, and Rapid PCR tests daily from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. for walk-ins and scheduled appointments. PCR test results are provided within 24 hours, Rapid PCR test results within one hour with an oral swab, and Antigen results are available within 15 minutes. Notifications and results are provided to customers via text and/or email. For testing costs or to schedule an appointment, visit the Nomi Health website or call (305) 280-0694toll free at (833) 685-0700.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, SarahT said:

Thanks for your help. I have emailed both companies, so hopefully will get an response to tell us if it’s possible or not and exactly how to find them from arrivals. 

I booked this cruise yesterday. I'm flying on Wednesday so I should be able to get one here before I go. I'm staying 2 nights so will have to see whats needed for day 2 return and for the passenger locator form to get back to Uk

1 hour ago, SarahT said:

Thanks for your help. I have emailed both companies, so hopefully will get an response to tell us if it’s possible or not and exactly how to find them from arrivals. 

@SarahTand @bigeck

Please keep us UK cruisers updated on anything you find out about protocols and testing for visiting the States 

TIA

13 hours ago, sgmn said:

@SarahTand @bigeck

Please keep us UK cruisers updated on anything you find out about protocols and testing for visiting the States 

TIA

Some info on Canadian thread. Inc post #5

Canadians: RCI onboard testing prior to disembarking - Royal Caribbean International - Cruise Critic Community

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, bigeck said:

I booked this cruise yesterday. I'm flying on Wednesday so I should be able to get one here before I go. I'm staying 2 nights so will have to see whats needed for day 2 return and for the passenger locator form to get back to Uk

Hi Alex.  what cruise are you doing?

your obedient servant 

jc

4 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Hi Alex.  what cruise are you doing?

your obedient servant 

jc

Hello. Good to know your still in the land  of living

Symphony 23rd December. Couldn't believe the price. 

Lots of cabins available, 2 flows will be empty. Should be good. 

22 hours ago, bigeck said:

Will do. Just waiting on new protocols being updated

Screenshot_20211115-110300.png

Interesting!   This palaver of trying to find a place to do the test in the USA is doing my head in tbh!  Fingers crossed they remove the requirement. We’re all double jabbed. 

👋 @xpcdoojk ! The dream team from the Anthem 2019 TA reunited!! 

Hey LB and Alex!!!!  

We are on the Allure the 11th of December it is the official L&S from the Anthem / covid mess.  I have two unofficial L&S on the Odyssey going to Israel / Greece from Rome then the TA to the USA next October/November that didn’t qualify due to the time.  Stupid.  

Anyway, you two have been sailing all over Europe from what I have seen, what is the experience like?  I am not sure I can do a month on board if it is all masks and limited shore experiences.  I am thinking of cancelling European trips until Covid is truly accepted as endemic and not a pandemic and the world returns to something similar to normal.  This is my first cruise since January 2020, and I am not looking forward to any part of it beyond the FlowRider. 🤪

What are your opinions based on your experiences.  I hope someday to hook up with you guys!!!!

jc

5 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Hey LB and Alex!!!!  

We are on the Allure the 11th of December it is the official L&S from the Anthem / covid mess.  I have two unofficial L&S on the Odyssey going to Israel / Greece from Rome then the TA to the USA next October/November that didn’t qualify due to the time.  Stupid.  

Anyway, you two have been sailing all over Europe from what I have seen, what is the experience like?  I am not sure I can do a month on board if it is all masks and limited shore experiences.  I am thinking of cancelling European trips until Covid is truly accepted as endemic and not a pandemic and the world returns to something similar to normal.  This is my first cruise since January 2020, and I am not looking forward to any part of it beyond the FlowRider. 🤪

What are your opinions based on your experiences.  I hope someday to hook up with you guys!!!!

jc

The L&S thing is a bit messy. I done good with fcc's. Paying before it was cancelled. Wish I could get 25% from the bank.

Europe has recovered well.

I was on Anthem b2b for 16 nights. First one we had to take a ship excursion. 2nd week was free to go as you please.

I done 2 on Jewel in Cyprus. That was good as very little restrictions in ports. Athens, Mykonos, Santorini Crete and Rhodes were all good ports to walk around.

I couldn't do a b2b when I booked as flights were included. Didn't see the point of buying my own flights, so 2 cruises it was. 

Restrictions was masks inside unless seated. All pretty relaxed.

I might book the 18th Dec as well. Pointless going all that way for 8 nights.

I'm sure we will meet up as from now, I'm only booking ships with a flow