COVID testing in Ft Lauderdale

I’m flying into Ft Lauderdale on Jan 27 and my cruise leaves the 29th. 
I think the requirement for testing is 2 days before the cruise. So, I think that means the earliest time I can test is the 27th or does it mean I can get tested on the 26th?

Has anyone gotten tested in Ft Lauderdale and where did you go?

I won’t have a car - I’ll be staying at embassy suites, so hopefully anywhere close by. 
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
thanks

I'm flying into Ft Lauderdale 2 days prior to my cruise, but I will be taking my test prior to flying into the city. I found a rapid testing location just 5 min from the airport, so before I even go through security at the airport, I will have my results. That will prevent me from even getting on a plane where I can infect a passenger if I was to test positive. I would recommend you do the same.

Edited by binro01

BeeperMD will come to your hotel, it's free for antigen and PCR (PCR takes over a day to get the results back but antigen would be within 20 minutes). Book in advance, they book a 2 hour window and will call or text before they come, you can give your room number then. 

3 hours ago, Luv my furbaby said:

I think the requirement for testing is 2 days before the cruise. So, I think that means the earliest time I can test is the 27th or does it mean I can get tested on the 26th?

I won’t have a car - I’ll be staying at embassy suites, so hopefully anywhere close by. 
thanks

My family is fully vaccinated, so I hope we will not have to deal with the stress of testing. We will be flying in 3 days before our cruise on March 27th.  If we still have to do testing at that time, I may just cancel our cruise and stay in Florida.  It would be a lot less stressful.

2 minutes ago, travelhound said:

My family is fully vaccinated, so I hope we will not have to deal with the stress of testing. We will be flying in 3 days before our cruise on March 27th.  If we still have to do testing at that time, I may just cancel our cruise and stay in Florida.  It would be a lot less stressful.

Well royals protocol is still testing 2 days before sailing through the end of March. They just released dates through March now. 

• Like 1

Just now, renza said:

Well royals protocol is still testing 2 days before sailing through the end of March. They just released dates through March now. 

I think the protocols are changing very quickly.  If that is the case 30 days before our cruise, when the final payment is due, we will cancel and just stay in Florida.  It would be a lot less stressful.

4 hours ago, Luv my furbaby said:

thanks

We have the same pre-cruise schedule.  

We are going to order the tests that you do on a video call and do the tests in our hotel.

I'm interested in people who've gotten tested at the airport as well. What is the cost and I assume they are the tests required for cruising?

We are on the Oasis of the Seas December 19th and I'm worried about getting tested and getting the results while traveling.

6 hours ago, MamatoJack said:

BeeperMD will come to your hotel, it's free for antigen and PCR (PCR takes over a day to get the results back but antigen would be within 20 minutes). Book in advance, they book a 2 hour window and will call or text before they come, you can give your room number then. 

What is the cost please? 

11 hours ago, travelhound said:

I think the protocols are changing very quickly.  If that is the case 30 days before our cruise, when the final payment is due, we will cancel and just stay in Florida.  It would be a lot less stressful.

The covid cases are not going to go down come March. Just wait I think it’s going to make people have the booster and kids 5 and up be vaccinated too. If u r going to stay in Florida book your room now. That’s are busy time of year. I am in Palm beach. 

15 hours ago, MamatoJack said:

Have you use?   they have bad reviews I would too use if I get some confirmation from others

15 minutes ago, Joybest said:

Have you use?   they have bad reviews I would too use if I get some confirmation from others

I used them in Orlando with no issues. They contacted me by phone before the appointment, ended up coming early as we were in the room and it worked out well. 

12 minutes ago, little britain said:

I presume you mean it is charged against your health insurance, but travellers do not have that so I'm sure it isn't free for Brits!  I'll eat my hat if it is! 

I am Canadian and it was free. I have no insurance that would cover it. I guess they might charge insurance if you have it? They send an email asking for insurance information, or to sign saying you have none, and a photo ID. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, renza said:

The covid cases are not going to go down come March. Just wait I think it’s going to make people have the booster and kids 5 and up be vaccinated too. If u r going to stay in Florida book your room now. That’s are busy time of year. I am in Palm beach. 

We already have a reservation at a hotel in Florida, as a backup plan for our cruise.  If these overly excessive protocols don't improve by the time of our final payment, we will simply cancel the cruise and stay in Florida. 

3 hours ago, little britain said:

I presume you mean it is charged against your health insurance, but travellers do not have that so I'm sure it isn't free for Brits!  I'll eat my hat if it is! 

The booking form requires a cellphone number, and it won’t accept a UK number.

57 minutes ago, travelhound said:

We already have a reservation at a hotel in Florida, as a backup plan for our cruise.  If these overly excessive protocols don't improve by the time of our final payment, we will simply cancel the cruise and stay in Florida. 

Overly excessive?   Getting a test today is a simple process.  It's as easy as going through a Walgreens drive thru and getting the results via email within the hour.   You can also order the tests from Royal and take it in your hotel room.   They can't make it any simpler for you.

https://store.optum.com/shop/products/abbott-binaxNOW-COVID-19-ag-at-home-test-kit-2-pack

Stress?   If anyone in your party tests positive, Royal gives you a full refund.  If you have no problem with staying in Florida anyway,  get the test.   Most likely you will be negative.   If you are positive, you would probably like to know about that anyway.  This would affect your Florida vacation also.

Edited by Longhorn Cruiser
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Longhorn Cruiser said:

Overly excessive?   Getting a test today is a simple process.  It's as easy as going through a Walgreens drive thru and getting the results via email within the hour.   You can also order the tests from Royal and take it in your hotel room.   They can't make it any simpler for you.

https://store.optum.com/shop/products/abbott-binaxNOW-COVID-19-ag-at-home-test-kit-2-pack

Stress?   If anyone in your party tests positive, Royal gives you a full refund.  If you have no problem with staying in Florida anyway,  get the test.   Most likely you will be negative.   If you are positive, you would probably like to know about that anyway.  This would affect your Florida vacation also.

Yup, but I really don't have to do anything to stay in a hotel in Florida.  I certainly don't want to pay someone to make my life more complicated and stressful.

16 hours ago, travelhound said:

Yup, but I really don't have to do anything to stay in a hotel in Florida.  I certainly don't want to pay someone to make my life more complicated and stressful.

Like she said it’s not stressful it’s easy. I suggest u just cancel and stay at a hotel already. 

3 hours ago, renza said:

Like she said it’s not stressful it’s easy. I suggest u just cancel and stay at a hotel already. 

We love cruising and currently have two cruises booked for 2022, but there is a breaking point, when staying in Florida is more convenient and much less stressful 🙂

Edited by travelhound

On 11/13/2021 at 8:44 PM, MamatoJack said:

Who has used this in fort lauderdale? Are they reliable? Is the rapid antigen test allowed for RC?