Speciality Restaurant Price for Children

Definitas

1 hour ago, upwarduk said:

Try doing a dummy booking of Le Petite Chef.

I would suggest that is the only Speciality Restaurant suitable for a child.

As a grandparent I may not have the final choice. We are having a family dinner for a special occasion in Murano and hence I wondered if there is a discount for young children in the event it becomes a salient question 

56 minutes ago, Definitas said:

As a grandparent I may not have the final choice. We are having a family dinner for a special occasion in Murano and hence I wondered if there is a discount for young children in the event it becomes a salient question 

Perhaps you may save $15 or so, I really don’t know the answer but I’d guess that they have a kids menu

Murano is designed to cater to a refined and upscale dining experience.  It is a relaxed and elegant experience. I don’t think it would be an enjoyable evening for a 5 year old nor one that other diners would appreciate unless he or she is exceptionally well behaved, patient and quiet.  I have never heard of a Children’s menu in Murano and there may be a reason why that is the case.

• Like 1

Murano is wonderful and a great choice for a special occasion.  Having said that dinner in Murano is typically 2 hours +.    My nieces were pretty restaurant suave at 5 but 2 hours plus would  not have been pleasant for them, us or others in the area.

• Like 2

I think it's great to take children at a young age to fine dining restaurants, and expose them to these experiences. I encouraged my daughters to try "adult foods" and rarely ordered from the children's menu. Of course, a 24 oz Cowboy steak might be too much for them 😁

I'm a proponent of teaching young children how to behave around adults. You'll appreciate it later.  Hopefully your grandchild is well behaved.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, mfs2k said:

I'm a proponent of teaching young children how to behave around adults. You'll appreciate it later.

I would categorize it more as knowing how to behave according to the situation, and not just "around adults". Our children have been eating in fine dining establishments since they were 6 & 8 without any issue. We taught them very early on how to judge the room and behave accordingly. Now with my son approaching legal drinking age that lesson may backfire when he attends his first rave 😄, but hopefully the other life skills we tried to impart on them will counteract the urge to jump off that deep end. 

Edited by cdn_tbird
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, cdn_tbird said:

Our children have been eating in fine dining establishments since they were 6 & 8 without any issue. We taught them very early on how to judge the room and behave accordingly.

Well done. 

Yeah, everybody’s kids are angels, we get it.  

That said, have some heart for the 5 year old, a two hour dinner would be misery for them. It’s too long for me, and I’m 58. 

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Like 6
  • Haha 2

We had children in Tuscan Grille, Murano, the Porch, and Sushi on Five.

Although they were 10 and 13.

They didn't want to children's menu but the staff were also happy to bring items off the menu - boy wanted a steak in Murano for example. 

34 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

Yeah, everybody’s kids are angels, we get it.  

That said, have some heart for the 5 year old, a two hour dinner would be misery for them. It’s too long for me, and I’m 58. 

No, not everybody's kids are angels nor can all 5 yr olds make it through a 2+hr service, but the generalization that bringing a 5 yr old into an upscale restaurant is a bother to others is offensive.

How would you like it if I judged you by my preconceived notion of what a person that uses the term "DAWG" may or may not be?

• Like 1

After 21 years of reading Cruise Critic I will tell you one thing I've learned.

Group A people post about their children or grandchildren on cruise ships.

Group B people complain about children on cruise ships. 

Group C people read and watch the drama unfold. 

The conversation will veer in various directions:

• Which cruise lines children belong on
  • Which cruise lines children don't belong on.
  • Where on the cruise ship children should be
  • Where on the cruise ship children shouldn't be. 
  • Group B people don't care where children are, as long as they're not in view or earshot. 
  • Group C people continue to watch the drama unfold. 
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

It seems the conversation is straying a bit from the OP’s original question, but to try and offer some assistance…I would suggest having whichever adult who has the cruise booking with the child on it log into their reservation on the Celebrity website and open the Cruise Planner specialty dinning section and see if special children’s pricing for Murano shows up.

I’m sailing on Millennium with a 9 year old in March and I noticed that when I look in my cruise planner for that cruise, it shows me a children’s price of $10 for Tuscan Grille.  But when I log into the cruise planner for my solo Equinox sailing in 3 days (WOOHOO!) it only shows the adult price for Tuscan Grille (pics below for reference).  I wonder if you may only be able to see the children’s pricing for restaurants if there’s a child on the cruise booking?

It may be worth a try to check it that way. 

In any event I hope you have a wonderful family cruise and enjoy the precious time with your grandchild!

319A8B35-4959-4D56-B99E-DDD8D7255731.thumb.jpeg.c0073ef025044b5ec92ec153bfeaaa0a.jpeg

BB19CB8A-D160-417F-A9A4-110F17065D9B.thumb.jpeg.92849fa1e263384a60c26d056eebed25.jpeg

2 minutes ago, GenerationX said:

It seems the conversation is straying a bit from the OP’s original question, but to try and offer some assistance…I would suggest having whichever adult who has the cruise booking with the child on it log into their reservation on the Celebrity website and open the Cruise Planner specialty dinning section and see if special children’s pricing for Murano shows up.

I’m sailing on Millennium with a 9 year old in March and I noticed that when I look in my cruise planner for that cruise, it shows me a children’s price of $10 for Tuscan Grille.  But when I log into the cruise planner for my solo Equinox sailing in 3 days (WOOHOO!) it only shows the adult price for Tuscan Grille (pics below for reference).  I wonder if you may only be able to see the children’s pricing for restaurants if there’s a child on the cruise booking?

It may be worth a try to check it that way. 

In any event I hope you have a wonderful family cruise and enjoy the precious time with your grandchild!

319A8B35-4959-4D56-B99E-DDD8D7255731.thumb.jpeg.c0073ef025044b5ec92ec153bfeaaa0a.jpeg

BB19CB8A-D160-417F-A9A4-110F17065D9B.thumb.jpeg.92849fa1e263384a60c26d056eebed25.jpeg

I'll be sailing solo on Equinox in 3 days too!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, go.without.you said:

I'll be sailing solo on Equinox in 3 days too!

Looking forward to sailing with you! If you find yourself in search of company/conversation during sail away, I’ll be drinking Chandon at the Sunset Bar.  I’ll be the one in a sundress with a world map printed on it. 😁

(My apologies, OP for highjacking your post.)

Edited by GenerationX

Just now, GenerationX said:

Looking forward to sailing with you! If you find yourself in search of company/conversation during sail away, I’ll be drinking Chandon at the Sunset Bar.  I’ll be the one in a sundress with a world map printed on it.  😁

Sounds good! No idea what I'll be wearing, I'm not that organized. LOL.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mfs2k said:

After 21 years of reading Cruise Critic I will tell you one thing I've learned.

Group C people read and watch the drama unfold. 

The conversation will veer in various directions:

• Group C people continue to watch the drama unfold. 

As long as you have a wobbly pop and a bucket of popcorn while you're watching, the world is good. 😄

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cdn_tbird said:

No, not everybody's kids are angels nor can all 5 yr olds make it through a 2+hr service, but the generalization that bringing a 5 yr old into an upscale restaurant is a bother to others is offensive.

How would you like it if I judged you by my preconceived notion of what a person that uses the term "DAWG" may or may not be?

#1 team in the Nation. 

Note I said nothing about kids not belonging on the ship…for anyone trying to group me.  🙂

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

#1 team in the Nation. 

Note I said nothing about kids not belonging on the ship…for anyone trying to group me.  🙂

Sorry but you grouped yourself with your first line (Yeah, everybody’s kids are angels, we get it).  It definitely tells people what your true opinion really is. 

Murano used to not even allow children under 12, which I was grateful for as a parent. Too many parents don't bother to teach their kids manners. Kids are loud, and if I am having a romantic date night the last thing I want is to deal with someone else's kids when I've left mine at home or in the kids' club.

Have they changed that rule to allow kids? I'm surprised and a little disappointed.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, SusieV said:

Murano used to not even allow children under 12, which I was grateful for as a parent. Too many parents don't bother to teach their kids manners. Kids are loud, and if I am having a romantic date night the last thing I want is to deal with someone else's kids when I've left mine at home or in the kids' club.

Have they changed that rule to allow kids? I'm surprised and a little disappointed.

I dont remember when, but yes Murano did drop the no children under 12. It was discussed here on CC. 

On 11/15/2021 at 5:14 PM, Definitas said:

we are cruising next year with a 5 year old grandchild. Do the speciality restaurants do a reduction for young children?

They have kid’s menu in various restaurants, perhaps save $5 or $10 here and there.

On 11/16/2021 at 4:07 PM, cdn_tbird said:

Sorry but you grouped yourself with your first line (Yeah, everybody’s kids are angels, we get it).  It definitely tells people what your true opinion really is. 

Carry on..I assume I was correct about yours..

Seriously, you didn’t get my point about 5 year olds and 2 hour dinners? The kid doesn’t deserve that.