Aqua class amenities

daydreamer16

Just received an email from Celebrity about my January cruise, in Aqua on the Silhouette. They were offering in room fitness amenities as well as amenities from their partner, goop. Is this new? Our last cruise was January,2020 on the Reflection in Aqua, but never was offered any of this?

9 minutes ago, daydreamer16 said:

Just received an email from Celebrity about my January cruise, in Aqua on the Silhouette. They were offering in room fitness amenities as well as amenities from their partner, goop. Is this new? Our last cruise was January,2020 on the Reflection in Aqua, but never was offered any of this?

I just received this as well for my Equinox holiday cruise.  I always stay in Aqua (many years now...and this is the first time I've seen this. I can't say any of these things interest me (and they would take up lots of precious closet space).... as for Goop... i simply can't can't take anything seriously that comes from someone who named their kid Apple.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Guppy99 said:

i simply can't can't take anything seriously that comes from someone who named their kid Apple.

Why judge mental on what someone’s names there child. Sorry can’t all be name helga or Gertrude.  A name is name but guess if it doesn’t fit your norm the person can’t be trusted.  Now that’s being close minded. 

1 hour ago, daydreamer16 said:

I got the email too, for my cruise on Summit in December.  This is my first time on Celebrity, (and obviously first time in Aqua), so I didn't know if that was "normal" for Aqua or not.  I'd love more info about each of the available "amenities" before choosing what I'd like, especially because the form you get when you click the link says to select "up to 3 amenities."

1 hour ago, kaprin02 said:

I got the email too, for my cruise on Summit in December.  This is my first time on Celebrity, (and obviously first time in Aqua), so I didn't know if that was "normal" for Aqua or not.  I'd love more info about each of the available "amenities" before choosing what I'd like, especially because the form you get when you click the link says to select "up to 3 amenities."

I guess it will be a learning experience for all of us! Hope you enjoy Aqua, we love it!

I'll add my name too.  We also got the email for our Reflection cruise in Dec.  I picked the acupuncture mat and deep tissue infinity roller.  Figure I can use them to relax my muscles after a long day of drinking...I mean "exercises."  Or, may end up sleeping on the mat with the roller as a pillow if I tick off my wife enough.  After all, "preparation is the key to success." 😜

• Haha 2

Yesterday my sister got the email. We’re in the AQ cabin next to her with a linked reservation but didn’t get one. I used her email and was able to change the confirmation number and cabin number so we’ll see what happens. I can’t imagine buying any Goop products but I’m curious about them so I figured that this was as close as I would ever get.

" Meditation pillow " , " Recovery Kit "  ??  ( Never saw such crap in my life ).

"AQ guests now get 3 fitness classes at no charge" ---followed by a Free 5 minute massage ???

After the fitness classes you will " need " it . BUT, 5 minutes won't be enough to loosen up all those stiff muscles so, ( here it comes ) " we can offer you a 10% discount on a Full Body Message. 

Umm, that smells good--- What is it ???  " Oh, that's our exclusive to Celebrity , Body  Enhancer . It's on sale for $325 and comes with , etc, etc."

After all of that you will need that Recovery Kit and Meditation pillow .

Ya think they teach this Marketing " stuff " in university ??

• Haha 2

Within the last week or so, someone posted a review of a “Goop” cruise. I’m not sure if it was here or on Facebook. Apparently, the reviewer thought that it would be a ship full of Goop fans but there were hardly any onboard. Maybe Celebrity found themselves with a big bunch of Goop products and thought they‘d get rid of it by giving it to AQ passengers. That makes me wonder, is this stuff that we’re supposed to use onboard and leave behind or is it for us to take home?

39 minutes ago, 2theship said:

Within the last week or so, someone posted a review of a “Goop” cruise. I’m not sure if it was here or on Facebook. Apparently, the reviewer thought that it would be a ship full of Goop fans but there were hardly any onboard. Maybe Celebrity found themselves with a big bunch of Goop products and thought they‘d get rid of it by giving it to AQ passengers. That makes me wonder, is this stuff that we’re supposed to use onboard and leave behind or is it for us to take home?

There were yoga mats in my Aqua cabin on Equinox this summer.  Frankly it was annoying as there was certainly no room to use them (even if wanted to) and it significantly used up space in the closet. The full size umbrella was in there too, and the luggage was already under the bed. No idea where you would put these things. It never even occurred to me you might be able to keep them.  The yoga mats were not "new" or wrapped/sanitized either.  

1 minute ago, kwokpot said:

Yes just ask your cabin attendant to deliver it since it's no longer automatically delivered.

We did not have to ask. A bottle of good red wine was waiting in our room for us.  I never liked their horrible bubbly and much prefer the wine. 

Just now, Guppy99 said:

We did not have to ask. A bottle of good red wine was waiting in our room for us.  I never liked their horrible bubbly and much prefer the wine. 

In Aquaclass? How did you manage getting a bottle of red wine instead of the sparking wine, espeically without asking? I would much prefer that too.

17 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

In Aquaclass? How did you manage getting a bottle of red wine instead of the sparking wine, espeically without asking? I would much prefer that too.

Aqua on the Equinox end of July.  If you get the champagne, just ask the steward to exchange it for a bottle of red or white. Our fellow told us no one liked the champagne so they switched to a bottle of red. It was there when we entered the room.

33 minutes ago, Guppy99 said:

Aqua on the Equinox end of July.  If you get the champagne, just ask the steward to exchange it for a bottle of red or white. Our fellow told us no one liked the champagne so they switched to a bottle of red. It was there when we entered the room.

Thanks. I had to ask when I was on the Edge two weeks ago. I didn't think to ask to switch it to a Red, and in fact we never opened it and left it in the cabin when we disembarked.  On Monday when I'm on the Summit I'm going to ask to switch it for a bottle of Red, especially since I'm not on Always Included so no beverage package.