Why did RCCL give me all these obc's???

pcur

5 hours ago, zekekelso said:

Pretty sure those are mine and RCI just goofed. But it’s too much trouble to try and fix, so just keep and enjoy. If you get a tasty beverage with the OBC, give a toast to me. And maybe pick me up one of those RCI beach towels. 

PS - Can OBC be used to buy beach towels and stuff? 

1.  If I could pronounce your name, I would toast you.  And, I can pronounce Zvoelenkaevitz!

2.  I can ask for a beach towel as my amenity gift,  and send it to you (you pay postage).  Just ask CoralC:  I've been giving RCCL swag away for years.  That's how I "met" her, and  I just gave her a spare crystal block a few days ago.

pcurri  at  yahoo, etc.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

I have six cruises booked, and received $25 for just one of them.  Not turning it down, but not overwhelmed with joy.

Hey, keep hoping.  I looked again today, and one was gone, but I got another $100 one.  Ya never know........................................

2 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

Maybe due to an itinerary change?  Port charges refund?

Could be...............I'm not doublechecking itineraries though, or port charges.  I'm just basking in the glow................

1 hour ago, pcur said:

If I could pronounce your name, I would toast you.  And, I can pronounce Zvoelenkaevitz!

I see it as zeke kelso…..could be a last name, a fellow Washingtonian, or something totally random, like his dogs name….LOL

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

Maybe due to an itinerary change?  Port charges refund?

I know Bora Bora was just dropped on Ovation TP/2023, and they are giving $100 OBC. I haven’t received the email yet (roll call posted it), and I see nothing on my cruise planner. So it could be itinerary changes. 

2 hours ago, crzndeb said:

I know Bora Bora was just dropped on Ovation TP/2023, and they are giving $100 OBC. I haven’t received the email yet (roll call posted it), and I see nothing on my cruise planner. So it could be itinerary changes. 

Ahhhh....that might be the big clue.  They cancelled my Ovation cruise for next April.  Maybe (some of) the obc came from that.  

6 hours ago, pcur said:

Just ask CoralC:  I've been giving RCCL swag away for years.  That's how I "met" her, and  I just gave her a spare crystal block a few days ago.

I thought lunch was pretty good too. :classic_tongue::classic_biggrin: And yes. Thank you for the goodies and the chocolate!:classic_biggrin:

Edited by Coralc

I also had a random $100 OBC show up about a month ago. And when I called C&A to upgrade to a CLS, I chatted with the rep for a while about how excited I was to be sailing again, and he even mentioned that he saw we were celebrating my birthday.  I never note ‘special occasions, but I guess he was looking at our check-in.

Anyway, when I got the invoice, the credit was still there, even though none was being offered at the time since I claim the Diamond balcony discount. I figured that the C&A team at Corporate has some latitude about whether to leave OBC in place. If so, it was nice of him. 🙂 That paid for our 150 CP reservation on my birthday. 

13 hours ago, crzndeb said:

Yes, we received the Ovation email dropping Bora Bora yes'day and the $100 OBC offer. Wish RC could add another NZ or Australian port. 

11 hours ago, Coralc said:

I thought lunch was pretty good too. :classic_tongue::classic_biggrin: And yes. Thank you for the goodies and the chocolate!:classic_biggrin:

Now don't think I was fishing for a thank you (again).  Burying your face in the bag of  chocolate was thanks enough, my friend!

Not to mention the look on your face when I ordered roasted siracha brussel sprouts.....hahahahahaha (you grilled cheese or nothing for dinner person, you). 

• Haha 1

On 11/19/2021 at 9:39 AM, pcur said:

The $25 ones are "pre-cruise" only, so I guess I'll have several specialty dinners partially on them!

Mine is $25 and it appears it will be usable on board: You have $25 to spend onpre-cruise purchases!

Terms & Conditions
You have $25 to spend onpre-cruise purchases

Should you have any residual Available Spend at the cut-off date for making purchases utilizing Cruise Planner, such Available Spend will be automatically converted back to US$ for spend onboard your booked cruise.

On 11/23/2021 at 4:55 PM, coreyfr said:

Mine is $25 and it appears it will be usable on board: You have $25 to spend onpre-cruise purchases!

Terms & Conditions
You have $25 to spend onpre-cruise purchases

Should you have any residual Available Spend at the cut-off date for making purchases utilizing Cruise Planner, such Available Spend will be automatically converted back to US$ for spend onboard your booked cruise.

Good to hear, because I would rather spend all of the obc onboard, anyway.