Semi-live from the Celebrity Constellation 11 night departing 11/22

goldsmip115

13 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I've noticed a lot of that lately as well.  I guess the green-eyed monster is alive and well on these boards.  Do they respond the same way to those who choose to pay for first class on planes?  I don't always sail in suites, depends on whether or not I find the pricing reasonable for me for that particular cruise.  Same with First class on planes.  For a short flight, I don't bother, but if I'm going to Europe or Australia, it will definitely be in a lie-flat seat in first class!  Just my choice on how to spend my money.  I really don't get why people get so upset about how others spend their money.  Sad. 

I agree with you!  Everyone makes choices. As a Solo traveler, I weigh the perks, especially when 

already paying a premium.  I don't think it is jealousy, envy or being upset.  I think you are following GenX's live report.  I have found it helpful, fun and extremely informative for any cruiser. (And I think I have gained 5 lbs just following it!  For some reason it makes me want a snack!)   

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

There is no such thing as a lowly steerage passenger on Celebrity.  That is a figment of the over active imagination of some of the people on these boards.  I've had the same excellent service on Celebrity, whether I was sailing in an inside or the penthouse.

Perhaps consider "a figure of speech".   There is not a doubt in my mind that Celebrity is known for

outstanding service.  My first cruise was in 1976 ( NCL Skyward) and Carnival.  May I say how terrific I thought it was when both cruise lines staff would welcome you "back"!  Carnival did it best!  And today

I probably wouldn't choose Carnival, due to my age and interests.   But once when reading awards, I saw that they received #1 for service!     Remembering how they made me feel, I thought to myself,

well deserved!  Since I haven't cruised in 12 years I am confident that everything is going to be filled

with multiple "Wows"!

On 11/25/2021 at 12:16 PM, goldsmip115 said:

Artwork around the ship

A5692A77-D3FC-4238-8811-1D59410BB7C7.jpeg

I refer to him as "Dave"...

Letterman.

Please, the next time you get a chance, give a big hug to Anu from the Andersons.  We were treated to his kind attention for his first 15 days as B2B, some of the absolute best shipboard experiences we've had aboard any X ship.

And one for Russell, too, please.

If you get a chance to hear Roman on the violin, remind him of his first public attempt at improv a week and a half ago, and see if he'll play it for you.  He's classically trained, and says his brain has to run at 110% to do it, but it's the most fluid and natural sounding music.

• Like 1

On 11/25/2021 at 12:25 PM, goldsmip115 said:

Oh, a favorite story.  Our retreat host/butler Anu asked on day one if we would like anything brought to the butlers pantry every morning. We asked for 2 pots of coffee, 2 almond croissants and one slice of rye toast with blueberry or blackberry jam.  Anu apologized and said he did not have blueberry or blackberry jam.  No problem for us.  The next day a container of home made blueberry jam appeared in our refrigerator.  He had the chef make it for us.  Amazing!

That is EXACTLY the sort of thing that made our experience so special.  Another hug for Anu please!

7 hours ago, goldsmip115 said:

I did not look around the ship but I know I cannot seem to find vitamin water zero squeeze at home anywhere in the last few weeks. Maybe it is being discontinued. 😢😢

Thanks for the time you have taken to post about your lovely cruise.  So glad you enjoyed that beautiful suite!

5 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

You’ll be the only one then. One thing about being on a Celebrity cruise is that everyone is treated like royalty, especially by the crew. As far as everyone else, who cares. You’re on a cruise!! 😎

Thank you for your reply. We have cruised almost always on Royal. We are not rich and saved up enough money to be on this cruise....it is almost double what a Royal cruise costs as my wife wanted a balcony this time. We usually travel in ocean view or inside staterooms. We just don't want to feel out of place. We are simple people in our needs. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, baldilocks said:

Thank you for your reply. We have cruised almost always on Royal. We are not rich and saved up enough money to be on this cruise....it is almost double what a Royal cruise costs as my wife wanted a balcony this time. We usually travel in ocean view or inside staterooms. We just don't want to feel out of place. We are simple people in our needs. 

You’ll be just fine no matter which cabin level you are in!  Very unfortunate that the folks who use terms like “steerage” and “upper crust “ throw those terms around.  Celebrity provides a GREAT experience for ALL of their customers!!!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, baldilocks said:

Trust me you will not be out of place.    You will have a wonderful time.   When you get to the 30 day window before the cruise -  bid on an upgrade you may be rewarded.    A good 85+% of the ship is common area that guest off all rooms enjoy the cruise together.    A must is the Martini Bar.   Even if you don't drink it is fun and the bartenders are very entertaining. 

Another fun event on every cruise its the Silent Disco ---

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LGW59 said:

You’ll be just fine no matter which cabin level you are in!  Very unfortunate that the folks who use terms like “steerage” and “upper crust “ throw those terms around.  Celebrity provides a GREAT experience for ALL of their customers!!!

Did you consider that my using "steerage" was just to be funny? A term from the turn of the century, certainly not today! Many of us choose accommodations other than a suite class and are eager to hear in real time about the many venues offered to everyone.   If I weren't claustrophobic on a cooler route I would be just as happy in an inside stateroom.   Or the Edge ships with panoramic ocean view.

I chose Concierge since I am traveling Solo and the first time in 12 years.  Thinking there is someone dedicated to assisting me.  It was unfortunate that some people missed the attempt at humor and totally missed the point.   😊 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Trust me you will not be out of place.    You will have a wonderful time.   When you get to the 30 day window before the cruise -  bid on an upgrade you may be rewarded.    A good 85+% of the ship is common area that guest off all rooms enjoy the cruise together.    A must is the Martini Bar.   Even if you don't drink it is fun and the bartenders are very entertaining. 

Another fun event on every cruise its the Silent Disco ---

Silent Disco even for Solo guests?

Good afternoon from the beautiful Celebrity Constellation and the beautiful island of Bonaire.  Last evening was another wonderful dinner in Luminae with Russell and Gede and all the wonderful staff.  Honestly, the food is excellent. I so love joking with the crew and laughing so hard.  That’s the real highlight of the evening. We dashed out to make the 9:30 show and I am sooooo happy that we did.  The performance was a Broadway medley sung by the talented Jeri Sager who performed magnificently.  She played Grizabella in CAT’s.  All I can say is wow!  She received a well deserved standing ovation.  It was hard to wind down from such a high energy performance.  Morning came early because it was our first time off the ship.  After breakfast in Luminae we were instructed to present at Michael’s Club at 9:15 for our Private Journey tour.  It was so worth it to have your own fully vaccinated and masked driver and comfortable van.  Our guide has lived on the island for 25 years and she was a wealth of information.  We enjoyed sights and stops over the entire island. When she learned that I am an avid dog rescuer she took us by her home to meet her rescue dogs. My kind of tour guide.  The 3.5 hours flew by.  I just finished another delicious and fresh salad from the Oceanview Cafe.  While there they had a staff member circulating with small cups of raspberry sorbet.  Mmmmmmm.  I think I feel a nap coming on.  Randy, you will be happy to know that another cup of blueberry jam appeared last night while we were at dinner.  That Anu is very sneaky you know.  We are pretty low maintenance people other than sending laundry out each day and coffee and toast and croissants in the morning. He really wants to do more for us.  We might have breakfast in the suite one morning.

• Like 3

Trish

The crew are unable to get off at any of the ports for the time being. Anu collects fridge magnets from the various ports whenever he can get off to purchase them.

If you might consider picking one up at one of your remaining ports, I’m sure he would be very grateful. If you do, he will not simply take it if you leave it on the table for him. He does not feel it is his place to do that. Hand it to him personally then watch the smile!

Randy

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

Hi Jules

Although couples do dance at the Silent Disco most people dance in their own bubble to the channel (any of three) they pick…you couldn’t tell who are couples or who are single.

Enjoy.

Thank you for replying!  Not sure I will be brave enough to go alone, but who knows!  I am not sure I could walk into a bar alone either!  That would be another first!  Plus maybe I will need to broaden my choices of drinks!  I can hear it now, " Here comes Miss Mimosa, or will it be Miss Pina Colada or Miss Champagne cocktail tonight?" 🤣

1 hour ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

Hi Jules

Although couples do dance at the Silent Disco most people dance in their own bubble to the channel (any of three) they pick…you couldn’t tell who are couples or who are single.

Enjoy.

Thank you!   We shall see how I do or if I do! 😊

19 minutes ago, jules27556 said:

Thank you for replying!  Not sure I will be brave enough to go alone, but who knows!  I am not sure I could walk into a bar alone either!  That would be another first!  Plus maybe I will need to broaden my choices of drinks!  I can hear it now, " Here comes Miss Mimosa, or will it be Miss Pina Colada or Miss Champagne cocktail tonight?" 🤣

I would go to the Sunset Bar area once you  get on ship .Take your lunch form Oceanview Cafe and sit outside. Ask the waiter or better yet ask the bartender  to recommend a drink after you have your first Pina Clolada.

Have you been on our roll call.? I am sure you find maybe other cruisers who are solo  or who would love to met you and share a cocktail at martini Bar or dinner on ship. I would ask to be seated at a larger table to get to know others if you like.

Please let us stop back with  an update  when you get on actual cruise. When is it? 

8 minutes ago, Azulann said:

I would go to the Sunset Bar area once you  get on ship .Take your lunch form Oceanview Cafe and sit outside. Ask the waiter or better yet ask the bartender  to recommend a drink after you have your first Pina Clolada.

Have you been on our roll call.? I am sure you find maybe other cruisers who are solo  or who would love to met you and share a cocktail at martini Bar or dinner on ship. I would ask to be seated at a larger table to get to know others if you like.

Please let us stop back with  an update  when you get on actual cruise. When is it? 

I have been reading the Live Reviews to get "up to speed".  I was originally on the Constellation TA in April, and especially interested in the condition of the ship after reading some comments and reviews on Cruise Critic.  That was what drew me to this Live Report.  

I have since moved to the April 8th TA sailing on the Silhouette.  So that makes me an interloper here!

Thank you for the tips!!  Julie  

• Like 1