Semi-live from the Celebrity Constellation 11 night departing 11/22

goldsmip115

We do!  Did he get that hug from us yet?

20 minutes ago, goldsmip115 said:

This one is for Randy.  We’re wiped from the heat and I think finally relaxed. We’ve done something that we have never done before.  We’ve ordered from Tuscan Grill to have dinner in.  Randy, do you recognize anyone?

D952694B-E334-4EF3-9BC2-55FC17FA63E2.jpeg

We do!  Did he get that hug from us yet? 🥰

Trish -   you might ask for some of the Almond Croissants.    I believe they are only available in Retreat and in al Baccio.    Our assistant waiter learned Iain loved them.   He was the one who sets up in Retreat and delivers them to al Baccio so would send a plate up daily.   Our butler was miffed when they arrived and asked why we hadn't asked him for them.   LOL......    Really tasty.

First, we told Anu that he could remove his mask.  We asked him to do so if he was comfortable so that we could talk.  Nobody should get their undies in a bunch!!!  Second, Jim, Anu brings us 2 almond croissants every morning with coffee. Third, to “the Anderson’s” and I apologize because I do not know your first names, Anu said “they were wonderful guests.  I love them”. Randy and Connie, Anu said that you both are such caring and wonderful guests but it was hard because Connie wanted to clean up and put all the dishes in the butlers pantry and he never felt that he could do enough for you because you and Connie always wanted to take care of everything when it was your vacation and he was supposed to be doing that for you both.  Randy and Connie, we have that in common. It has been frustrating for Anu because we are self sufficient but dinner tonight in the suite broke the ice. He thanked us for finally allowing him to do something for us.  Dinner from Tuscan Grill was very nice but we miss Luminae and the amazing staff.  I think it was once and done for us.  Anu told us tonight that Covid testing occurs so often that his nose membranes are very sore and often bleed. Let us never forget what these remarkable crew members go through with being isolated on the ship, not allowed to leave the ship, and making our vacation so memorable.  I feel very blessed in so many ways.  Aruba tomorrow.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, goldsmip115 said:

First, we told Anu that he could remove his mask.  We asked him to do so if he was comfortable so that we could talk.  Nobody should get their undies in a bunch!!!  Second, Jim, Anu brings us 2 almond croissants every morning with coffee. Third, to “the Anderson’s” and I apologize because I do not know your first names, Anu said “they were wonderful guests.  I love them”. Randy and Connie, Anu said that you both are such caring and wonderful guests but it was hard because Connie wanted to clean up and put all the dishes in the butlers pantry and he never felt that he could do enough for you because you and Connie always wanted to take care of everything when it was your vacation and he was supposed to be doing that for you both.  Randy and Connie, we have that in common. It has been frustrating for Anu because we are self sufficient but dinner tonight in the suite broke the ice. He thanked us for finally allowing him to do something for us.  Dinner from Tuscan Grill was very nice but we miss Luminae and the amazing staff.  I think it was once and done for us.  Anu told us tonight that Covid testing occurs so often that his nose membranes are very sore and often bleed. Let us never forget what these remarkable crew members go through with being isolated on the ship, not allowed to leave the ship, and making our vacation so memorable.  I feel very blessed in so many ways.  Aruba tomorrow.

Thank you for treating Anu like a human being and not a disease vector.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, goldsmip115 said:

This one is for Randy.  We’re wiped from the heat and I think finally relaxed. We’ve done something that we have never done before.  We’ve ordered from Tuscan Grill to have dinner in.  Randy, do you recognize anyone?

D952694B-E334-4EF3-9BC2-55FC17FA63E2.jpeg

We both have a soft spot in our hearts for Anu. Good for you for ordering in the suite. We actually went to Tuscan on one of our nights and I think I can honestly say that it was the best Tuscan meals we have ever had in all of our years of cruising. Hope yours was equally as nice.

Enjoy the remainder of your cruise. Your experiences on board are a big part of your lives. Your memories will play as big a part afterward.

All the Best to you and all of the great people around you. 

Randy

4 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

Is he actually in your room without a mask??!    I thought the crew had to be masked whenever they were indoors, even in your massive suite.

Not the case, though you'll see a mask around Anu's ears there, hanging down below his chin.  We also requested that he pull it down and relax when the door was closed.

But most definitely not 'whenever they were indoors' - during our cruise they had just recently been allowed to go 'maskless' below decks and were breathing a lot happier because of it.

• Thanks 1

Hi goldsmip115,

I hope you are enjoying your cruise.  Doesn't it feel great to be back onboard a ship?  I'm not sure if you saw my previous post, but can you please give Gede a hug from Janice and Rita?  He was our waiter in Luminae on Summit many, many times and when we cruise Summit earlier this month I wondered where he was.  So happy to hear that he's working again.  Again, thank you......and ENJOY!!!

Good afternoon from Aruba and the beautiful Celebrity Constellation.  For me, Aruba is one of those places that is a been there and done it so it was an opportunity to sleep in a bit, enjoy a relaxing Luminae breakfast and finally some pool time.  Back to that in a moment. I’m told that there are 4 or 5 ships in port today and watching the crowds, I believe it.  I know the Silhouette is in port as is the former Celebrity Mercury, now the Mein Schiff.  Long ago memories of sailing on the Mercury 12 days after 09/11 occurred on a 12 night Vancouver to Hawaii cruise. That was memorable for so many reasons.  Many crew members  from non Celebrity ships were off of the ships and wandering around the port. I truly appreciate all that Celebrity is doing to keep us safe but it has to be so difficult for the crew   We had a first last evening and that is dinner in the suite from Tuscan Grill.  Rodger, I agree with you.  The food was far superior to what I experienced in the past.  It’s just so much food!  I’ve started trying to order half portions because I don’t like to waste food. The buratta was excellent as were the meatballs. I’m told that the filet mignon was outstanding. The best part of the evening was the company of Anu over dessert at around 9:30.  It was so lovely to talk and get to know one another.  We spent about 2.5 hours around the pool today. The music was not my cup of tea, but the water was heavenly.  My first hamburger on the ship and it was excellent.  It was so interesting to listen to conversations and peoples perspectives about the cruise. Universally everyone praises the crew.  There seems to be some disappointment about the crowd being older and a low energy cruise.  It’s perfect for me.  I’m told that the next 10 night cruise will have approximately 450 passengers aboard.  Once again I indulged in the little cups of sorbet being passed around in Oceanview and the pool deck.  Today was strawberry and just delicious.  The cold towels were also perfect. I will say it again.  Never have I sailed with such a fine and warm and welcoming crew. Tonight will be the usual…..dinner in our favorite restaurant with the amazing Gede and Russell and team.  It just doesn’t get much better than that. Tomorrow will be an early breakfast and then another Private Journey tour in Curaçao.  Hopefully we will have an equally wonderful guide.

6 minutes ago, goldsmip115 said:

Oh, I love it.  Let me ask for a repeat.  Captain stopped by our table tonight for 5 minutes.  He heard all about Russell and Gede and Anu.  

I hope there were a LOT of positive comments returned (electronic and written) from the current and last cruise, too.  We've started a conspiracy to get the entire lot of them transferred to Reflection for our next cruise!

32 minutes ago, goldsmip115 said:

Sorry Anderson’s but I spoke extensively to the captain tonight. They will be transferred to the Millenium due to popular demand from this cruise and the weight that Randy and Connie carry.  

Care to start a bidding war? 😜

26 minutes ago, goldsmip115 said:

Hmmmm….is that something like the “move up bids?”  Connie and Randy, we have to talk.  I’m in…..are you?

Of course….. Chris, perhaps you and Charline could join us on Millennium in May. That way, you could get them twice!

Randy

17 minutes ago, Schmoe38 said:

Of course….. Chris, perhaps you and Charline could join us on Millennium in May. That way, you could get them twice!

Randy

Dang.  I wish.  This unretirement stuff is seriously impeding the whole cruising thing.  In May, I'm going to be up to my ears getting ready to install this beast:

https://www.mountcuba.org/new-telescope

"We" are the "DFM" creating the telescope, including the optics, for this project.  Don't dare plan a cruise until that one is done.

Hey, maybe we could get Anu a "traveling" contract?  All we'd have to do is coordinate our schedules so none of us are cruising at the same time on different ships? 😅