MSC changes to YC

phissy

On board Meraviglia now, second week of B2B.

Big meeting today with staff in YC.

Butler just informed me that they will be removing amenities from my cabin mini bar., in the morning.

New policy to take effect 11/21/21

changing to one larger bottle of liquor instead of minis.

Only 2 cokes, sprite and Fanta each. Only 2 beers. Asked if we could request brand, he was not sure.

Additional juices, perhaps. One water, one sparkling water.

no more peanuts, mixed nuts or chocolate nuts provided without charge.

I believe he told me $8.00 per can. Toblerone bar also available for fee.

MSC is really starting to make me angry, with all the changes and poor customer service.

I will  report back with actually happens tomorrow. ( and hiding our remaining cans of nuts tonight 😉)

• Like 2

Interesting! On Divina last month we received the big bottle (which we liked) they restocked the beer, soda & water for free daily. We requested ginger ale which they put in as well as DH favorite beer. We were told we’d be charged for second cans of peanuts or candy. We did open 2nd can of nuts but not charged. We go on Meraviglia next week so I’ll be interested to see how it actually goes down. Have fun! 

9 minutes ago, kidless said:

Interesting! On Divina last month we received the big bottle (which we liked) they restocked the beer, soda & water for free daily. We requested ginger ale which they put in as well as DH favorite beer. We were told we’d be charged for second cans of peanuts or candy. We did open 2nd can of nuts but not charged. We go on Meraviglia next week so I’ll be interested to see how it actually goes down. Have fun! 

Same here. Had multiple large bottles of still water. Asked the butler to empty everything out of the mini bar and refill with only Coke Zero, small bottled water and Michelob Ultra. This was done with no issue at all. We were also given a menu with big bottles of wine, champagne and hard liquor (no rum, which I found kind of strange). Picked a bottle of vodka and brought it home. Snacks were not refilled but we really didn't miss them 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phissy said:

Hotel Director is Gaetano Scarcello.

YC Director is Robert Sheriffs

He is from UK.

very nice fellow, we have had a few chats.

We are at sea now, heading for Curaçao.

Please say Hi to Robbie from Julie and Mark on Virtuosa, we sailed with him as a fellow passenger in the summer, at the time he had been working for Viking.

Interesting.... being extremely lazy here but has there been any other significant YC changes in the last couple of years? Last sailing was Oct 2019 on Prezisoa.

Looking at Fantasia for next year and just wonder if anything else I may have missed? Will look back through the forum (as haven't been around in a while!) but when I start reseraching cruises, I always come back! :)

1 minute ago, Captain-John said:

Interesting.... being extremely lazy here but has there been any other significant YC changes in the last couple of years? Last sailing was Oct 2019 on Prezisoa.

Looking at Fantasia for next year and just wonder if anything else I may have missed? Will look back through the forum (as haven't been around in a while!) but when I start reseraching cruises, I always come back! 🙂

Hey Cap’n - great to see you ‘round these parts, again!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Hey Cap’n - great to see you ‘round these parts, again!

Nice to see you! It has been a rotten 18 months, travel wise... hope you are keeping well?

Gravitated back to CC as was supposed to be on NCL Getaway on Wednesday sailing out of Athens. We cancelled when Turkey was still on our 'Red list' then they scrapped the scheme. Decided not to rebook.

But trying to fill up the diary for next year - and with cruise research, comes Cruise Critic.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Captain-John said:

Nice to see you! It has been a rotten 18 months, travel wise... hope you are keeping well?

Gravitated back to CC as was supposed to be on NCL Getaway on Wednesday sailing out of Athens. We cancelled when Turkey was still on our 'Red list' then they scrapped the scheme. Decided not to rebook.

But trying to fill up the diary for next year - and with cruise research, comes Cruise Critic.

So, to keep on topic, MSC has finally indicated a specific drinks package for YC guests.   They’re introducing new packages from here, on, and the highest one, Premium Extra, will be included in YC bookings.  This will cover drinks up to €13/$15.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, LeCommandant said:

In YC, there are not only drawbacks, but also some little improvements. For example, Bvulgari branded shampoo replenished every day:

IMG_6936.HEIC 2.86 MB · 49 downloads

Your body may react different than mine, but, premium toiletry products really don't seem to be noticed by my body.  The scents?  Yes, the premium products are usually enjoyable.  But, what a particular benefit my hair receives because it has been washed with a premium shampoo?  My hair must have an "appreciation deficiency".  

• Haha 1

On 11/21/2021 at 10:45 AM, kernow said:

Please say Hi to Robbie from Julie and Mark on Virtuosa, we sailed with him as a fellow passenger in the summer, at the time he had been working for Viking.

Saw him this morning and passed on your kind thoughts. He said he will get in touch with you . He said, “ Thanks for remembering him😊

• Like 1

On 11/21/2021 at 12:32 PM, Beamafar said:

So, to keep on topic, MSC has finally indicated a specific drinks package for YC guests.   They’re introducing new packages from here, on, and the highest one, Premium Extra, will be included in YC bookings.  This will cover drinks up to €13/$15.

Nice to know that the YC will have the Premium Extra. No need to budget for an upgrade.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, miataman19 said:

Nice to know that the YC will have the Premium Extra. No need to budget for an upgrade.

The new package, as far as I’m concerned, anyway, is just the Premium renamed.  It’ll cover drinks up to €13/$15.  Its forerunner covered drinks up to $13.  However, if individual drinks prices have increased (and I expect they have), then it’s basically the same package.

There’s now no opportunity to upgrade to a package that covers everything by the glass, as it doesn’t exist with the demise of Premium Plus.  I, for one, am going to miss that. .  

12 hours ago, seapad said:

How about the free internet package for YC, does it include streaming? Thanks!

We have browsing 2 device each in YC.

so, 4 devices total for couple in YC.

Browse and stream has an up charge.

It has been fine for regular online work. We also have been able to FaceTime with family . DH has been able to watch his episodes of Foundation online. We do not do gaming so cannot comment.

Only issue is we had to select and purchase it and concierge said they would credit us back for it. So far ( 3 days) no credit .  Will follow up again. 

Edited by phissy

On 11/21/2021 at 7:29 AM, phissy said:

Hotel Director is Gaetano Scarcello.

YC Director is Robert Sheriffs

He is from UK.

very nice fellow, we have had a few chats.

We are at sea now, heading for Curaçao.

Have a great time.

• Like 1