Agave-based or low sugar liquor

Carol28

1 hour ago, Carol28 said:

Does RCCL have low sugar liquors or mixes? What type?  Are they good? At all the bars?  If they do, what do you suggest I ask for?  I only heard this week that this type of liquor exists!  

Mixers aren't liquor and tend to have a lot of sugar in them unless of course you use diet soda.  Also, liquor doesn't usually have sugar.  Rum, tequila, vodka, whiskey, gin don't have sugar in them.   So, I would guess you're really asking about mixers.  Some liquers have sugar for flavor.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Carol28 said:

Actually, I believe Skinny Girl has fewer calories than other liquors.  And, there are others.  So, I'm asking about both.

Calories and sugars aren't exactly the same thing. Royal doesn't have Skinny Girl brand. 

If you're talking about the straight liquor not mixers or mixed drinks by Skinny Girl - the lower calorie marketing is just a gimmick. Like how popcorn boasts that it's gluten free - of course it is it's corn! They say their brand of vodka is less than 100 calories per serving. Well I should hope so since 1 ounce of 40% vodka is 64 calories, 1.5oz is only 97. And that's pretty much the same for all spirits. 

The calories and sugar come from the mixers. 

1 hour ago, smplybcause said:

Calories and sugars aren't exactly the same thing. Royal doesn't have Skinny Girl brand. 

If you're talking about the straight liquor not mixers or mixed drinks by Skinny Girl - the lower calorie marketing is just a gimmick. Like how popcorn boasts that it's gluten free - of course it is it's corn! They say their brand of vodka is less than 100 calories per serving. Well I should hope so since 1 ounce of 40% vodka is 64 calories, 1.5oz is only 97. And that's pretty much the same for all spirits. 

The calories and sugar come from the mixers. 

Thank you.  So, what mixer is the best choice for least amount of sugar? Thank you for your info!

1 hour ago, Carol28 said:

Thank you.  So, what mixer is the best choice for least amount of sugar? Thank you for your info!

Water.

But if you don't want that then soda water. Diet drinks don't have sugar but they have all the sugar substitutes. Most of the other mixers are fruit juices or other stuff with a lot of sugar. 

2 hours ago, Carol28 said:

Do you have to have a mixer? About your only choices for low sugar mixers are diet sodas or water, as above poster mentioned. There are also the spiked waters now, like Truly. That’s why I like Dirty Gin martinis…the mixer is olive brine 😉

Edited by crzndeb