When will drink package prices go on sale?

November 23rd starts Cyber Monday cruise planner promotions, for about a week. Looks like a few good deals. Otherwise, Regular Royal Caribbean "Sale" gimmicks.  The soda package, and the refreshment packages, will be the some of the best pricing found. Both at 50% off.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, cruisingalong2018 said:

I am going on Adventure of the Seas in June, 2022.  I keep looking at the drink package prices.  They have been $69.99 for awhile.  Does it go lower than that? Not sure if it's worth it for me at the current price.  Thank you for your help!

I would definitely expect it to be much cheaper during this upcoming sale. I would plan on purchasing ALL of your anticipated upcoming cruise add-ons during the sale. I don't think they really ever get any better pricing.

1 minute ago, FireEMT978 said:

November 23rd starts Cyber Monday cruise planner promotions, for about a week. Looks like a few good deals. Otherwise, Regular Royal Caribbean "Sale" gimmicks.  The soda package, and the refreshment packages, will be the some of the best pricing found. Both at 50% off.

I got it for $57 a day after 18% tip a month ago so if price isn’t lower than that, then it’s not a true sale.

look at the $ amount not the percentage amount. Something is wrong with RCL math.

17 minutes ago, FireEMT978 said:

I would definitely expect it to be much cheaper during this upcoming sale. I would plan on purchasing ALL of your anticipated upcoming cruise add-ons during the sale. I don't think they really ever get any better pricing.

From what I’ve seen, it doesn’t look any different than the sales RC’s been running for the last year.  DBP looks to be 30% YET AGAIN but this time, the on board price has gone up.

• Like 1

Just now, poocher said:

From what I’ve seen, it doesn’t look any different than the sales RC’s been running for the last year.  DBP looks to be 30% YET AGAIN but this time, the on board price has gone up.

That's why I stated what I did. The DBP is just the same as any other "Sale". But, I addressed the best Soda and Refreshment package pricing that you will ever find. Since COVID, ALL of the packages are beginning to reflect the higher pricing. Besides those 2 packages, there MAY be a couple of decent finds. But, I doubt it.

21 minutes ago, Maitaivegas said:
25 minutes ago, FireEMT978 said:

I got it for $57 a day after 18% tip a month ago so if price isn’t lower than that, then it’s not a true sale.

look at the $ amount not the percentage amount. Something is wrong with RCL math.

Expand  

I agree with you. But, these are "Royal Caribbean Sales". Where, nothing is "Regulated" by anybody.

50 minutes ago, cruisingalong2018 said:

I am going on Adventure of the Seas in June, 2022.  I keep looking at the drink package prices.  They have been $69.99 for awhile.  Does it go lower than that? Not sure if it's worth it for me at the current price.  Thank you for your help!

Make sure you look at the absolute bottom line for price. Ignore the '30%, 40%, 50% off' hoopla.  Put the package in your cart, then click all the way through to see the final price where the 18% gratuities have been added.  If that's a price you can live with, then buy it.   FYI, 18% will be added on top of any drinks you buy onboard automatically, so you'll be paying that either way.  

Edited by rockmom

12 hours ago, Maitaivegas said:
12 hours ago, FireEMT978 said:

Expand  

We are at $70/day on Allure. I havent received any sale notice but we did just biik yesterday,

1 hour ago, Terpsfan1 said:

Do they ever have a sale onboard on the drink package?  I know you can buy packages for a portion of the week, if you would like.

Usually on boarding day they will have a sale of “buy one get one half off” for the deluxe package. BUT that’s at onboard prices, usually at least $85 for the first guest  then $43 ish for the 2nd, so you’re looking minimum $64 (averaged) plus 18%.

You can usually get it cheaper than that online esp in a sale 

Have cruised several different cruise lines but first time ever purchasing drink packages.  Good price on internet several weeks ago.  Question.  Is each "purchase" documented on my account so I can see how many drinks I have consumed and how much it would have cost had I not had a package?  In other words, will my account reveal whether it is a bargain to pay for the UDP?

5 minutes ago, golfer08 said:

Is each "purchase" documented on my account so I can see how many drinks I have consumed and how much it would have cost had I not had a package?  In other words, will my account reveal whether it is a bargain to pay for the UDP?

Yes, most/all drink purchases should show up, but folks' drinking pattern may vary had they had the drink package. Also, the drinking pattern may vary by ship or itinerary. Go by the general break even point of about 5 alcoholic drinks - if you drink at least that every day, get the package.

Edited by Biker19

1 hour ago, golfer08 said:

Is each "purchase" documented on my account so I can see how many drinks I have consumed and how much it would have cost had I not had a package?  In other words, will my account reveal whether it is a bargain to pay for the UDP?

Interesting, do the RCI receipts/in-app account themselves show a “before and after” price for drinks? 

For example, the drink was $13.99, but with the the drink package you paid X-amount, so your savings total amounts to $X.XX?

Just now, matt1 said:

Interesting, do the RCI receipts/in-app account themselves show a “before and after” price for drinks? 

For example, the drink was $13.99, but with the the drink package you paid X-amount, so your savings total amounts to $X.XX?

No, they just list the price. You won't know if you'd have been better off with the package until the end of the cruise and compare the total drink cost to the cost of the package.

• Thanks 1

On 11/26/2021 at 6:54 AM, Terpsfan1 said:

Do they ever have a sale onboard on the drink package?  I know you can buy packages for a portion of the week, if you would like.

on Serenade Nov 22-27.  It was BOGO.  DBP came to $300 a person.  Was slightly higher than if you added to to your reservation up till two days before sailing.

On 11/21/2021 at 7:56 PM, cruisingalong2018 said:

For our allure cruise 8 day it was $58/. day.You cannot get any drink package if it’s within 48 hours of your cruise.

2-3 weeks before Navigator's Nov 19 and Nov 29 sailings the drink package dropped to $44.  We are on the Feb 21 sailing.  Our drink package price went from $61 to $74.  Now that it's the "sell of the year" the price dropped to $64.  Just keep checking the cruise planner in hopes of a good deal.  It is a very annoying frustrating silly "cat and mouse" game that RCCL likes to play.  But as others have stated- their ships/their rules.