More YC Newbie Questions

rmvann

Hi all,

We are traveling with a group (DH and I, plus 3 other couples) and so far we are the only ones that have upgraded to YC.  Will we be required to have separate experiences, or can we still do things together if we prefer?  For example, if we want to all have dinner together--will we be able to eat in the MDR with them, or are we required to eat in the YC? We're also planning to rent a cabana on OC.  I'm assuming they won't be able to use our YC cabana--is that correct?

What about our room?  We have the largest cabin, and a balcony with a whirlpool so if we wanted to have everyone in our room for drinks will they be able to do that?

Edited by rmvann
Typos

21 minutes ago, rmvann said:

Hi all,

We are traveling with a group (DH and I, plus 3 other couples) and so far we are the only ones that have upgraded to YC.  Will we be required to have separate experiences, or can we still do things together if we prefer?  For example, if we want to all have dinner together--will we be able to eat in the MDR with them, or are we required to eat in the YC? We're also planning to rent a cabana on OC.  I'm assuming they won't be able to use our YC cabana--is that correct?

What about our room?  We have the largest cabin, and a balcony with a whirlpool so if we wanted to have everyone in our room for drinks will they be able to do that?

Good questions and I will answer what I can that I think is correct.  Others on this Forum are more experienced YC guests than I am.

Dinner with them in the MDR, yes, I think that would be possible as long as they are in an open sitting arrangement.  Fixed time dining?  Doubt it.  Their dining with you in YC?  No, I am pretty certain.

Joining you in a YC cabana?  I doubt it.

Inviting them to your YC suite for drinks?  Unsure.  You would have to use your electronic device to get them into the YC area, but, then having drinks provided for them?  I think this would be discouraged.

Maybe what you will learn from your post will encourage them to upgrade to YC.  That's the easiest answers to your questions.  And, the YC experience would be worth it for them, I think!  

Thanks for the response! We are fine to eat in the MDR or hang out in non-YC areas, but maybe this will encourage them to upgrade!  And I didn't mean they would receive YC drinks in our room, but rather use their own drink packages and just bring a drink up to our room to hang out.  But that brings up another question for me--am I right in thinking that with YC, we will get unlimited drinks in YC venues but if we want unlimited drinks in other parts of the ship then we will need to purchase a drink package?

4 minutes ago, rmvann said:

But that brings up another question for me--am I right in thinking that with YC, we will get unlimited drinks in YC venues but if we want unlimited drinks in other parts of the ship then we will need to purchase a drink package?

The following poster is correct.  In my experience, when the bartender notices that you are a YC guest, the pours will be very generous.  

1 minute ago, defbref said:

No YC will give you unlimited drinks throughout the ship, its the Premium Plus Package you get in YC now

• Like 1

You might be able to dine with your friends in the MDR if you arrange it ahead of time with the MDR manager/asst m’D. 

You could always ask the YC concierge if you could invite your friends up to your cabin.  As long as they’re not in the public areas such as the private lounge or pool area, you may be accommodated.

You’ll be offered a choice of a bottle of wine or spirits when you first embark.  Perhaps you could use that to share with your friends if they’re allowed to visit your cabin.  Just get some soft drinks for mixers or making cocktails. 

Edited by Beamafar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Southern latitudes said:

I know that the drink packages changed recently.  We are in the yacht club so will have the premium extra package.   Will that include drinks in the champagne bar or will they all be over the limit?

Most champagnes will be over the limit, which is €13/$15 for the package (PremiumExtra) which is now included for YC guests.   Hopefully we’ll start seeing the new bar prices posted on the forum, soon, as the packages are only just rolling out across the fleet now. 

Crepes will be an extra charge as the Jean Philippe venue is not covered either by YC or any drinks packages. 

You may receive a plate of macaroons as a treat in the cabin at some point during the cruise.  You can always ask your butler about that.  If he/she is one of the good ones, they may even be able to get some for you.  

• Like 2

16 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

The following poster is correct.  In my experience, when the bartender notices that you are a YC guest, the pours will be very generous.  

Not sure if I need the generous pours--I'm a lightweight 🤣 

Thanks for the input everyone!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, rmvann said:

Not sure if I need the generous pours

Specify how much you want and I am certain that the bartender will fix your drink to your satisfaction.

7 hours ago, Southern latitudes said:

What about macroons?

A plate of macaroons appeared on my coffee table when I returned to my suite one evening.  They are good.