Black Friday $300 OBC Applies to New and Previous Bookings

Lady Arwen

10 hours ago, LoveThatCorgi said:

We had refared last week to the 50% off second passenger and saved several hundred dollars at that time.  For $45 price increase with a refare today, we were able to add the $200 OBC Black Friday promo. 

I was okay with the original pricing when we booked, so this is a great bonus!

Same for us today.  Got reduction of $653 couple weeks ago, then today increase in fare of $23 but got $300 OBC .  Spent little over 2 hrs on phone with Celebrity, but think it was worth it!

13 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Wow.   They are definitely not supposed to do that.   Apply a promo without repricing.

No....they didn't apply the promo to the 'sold out' cruise....it was 2 others, which had the same pricing and available cabins as before promo announced.

Edited by Oceangoer2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, cluso said:

Do the math.  Our October TA on Connie Oct 22, 2022 was almost $800 more.  The $300 OBC did not cut it.  🙄

Yes, you win some, you lose some.  However, you probably got a very nice price when you originally booked, so really not a loss.

• Like 1

I emailed my TA yesterday about repricing a cruise for Sept 2022 out of Seattle. I'm trying to decide if I should book it or not. Then I saw the black friday deal here. My original booking had Retreat NRD -$500 per person. My new booking has Retreat NRD blank and a new Blackfri NRD -$500 per person. We will have $200 OBC added.

26 minutes ago, misslab said:

I am new to all of this.  We are sailing b2b Jan 3.  Fully paid.  Thru online cruise travel agency.  Can I still benefit from the Black Friday sale?  If so, should I call Celebrity? 

Call your TA....you can't deal through Celebrity unless you have some problem the TA can't resolve.

So already did get 'repriced' with the 50% off sale a couple of weeks ago (resulting in a $189 price reduction).  And this morning just called Celebrity to check on black friday special - $300 OBC!  Only 30 minute hold time - then individual said since I was past final payment she would need to talk to a supervisor/resolution team - wait time was very long - could she call me back?  Sure!

About 30 mins later I got the call - so my cruise pricing did not change but I was eligible for the $300 OBC and an updated invoice was mailed to me - all good and I am THRILLED with the outcome 🙂

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, marieps said:

I got my $300 OBC yesterday but the updated amount has not registered in my reservation yet.   Did anyone get their add'l OBC registered immediately?

Yes the OBC shows immediately in my cruise planner and in the passenger copy received

15 hours ago, cluso said:

Do the math.  Our October TA on Connie Oct 22, 2022 was almost $800 more.  The $300 OBC did not cut it.  🙄

I had a similar experience, although I was 1 for 2 in gaining anything.  We are on the 4th-dec Apex sailing  (8 days away !) and we did get a very good price when we booked it about a month ago.  Celebrity checked for me and said that the price for my cruise is up 300, so no benefit on that cruise.  We are also on a cruise 30-apr-2022 and for that one the price is unchanged, but we did gain $150 (each) of on board credit with the Black Friday promo.  I would  be sure you check into the details and not presume an automatic win … I first thought I had an automatic win.

39 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

My cruise planner showed the additional OBC immediately

Sounds like another long hold time for me!!  Got a year to worry about it.

***UPDATE***

It just showed up!!  Thx all.

Edited by marieps

1 minute ago, CarolCoupon said:

Repriced with the 50% off second guest promo a couple of weeks ago and saved a bundle!  The original reservation was made on board and included extra OBC.  The price hasn't increased since the refare.  Would this qualify for the extra $300 OBC?

Yes   Just call Celebrity or your TA if the reservation is with a TA.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Yes   Just call Celebrity or your TA if the reservation is with a TA.

Thanks for the information!  It isn't showing in the planner yet, but TA forwarded me the invoice that shows an additional $200.  Not sure why it wouldn't be $300, but grateful for it!

I have a cruise booked for May 2022. I got the pricing for a C3 for being Elite I was able to upgrade to a C2. Both these categories are now sold out.  Not sure if I qualify for the extra OBC. Can’t rebook because those categories are unavailable now. Would I be entitled to this extra OBC?

4 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

I have a cruise booked for May 2022. I got the pricing for a C3 for being Elite I was able to upgrade to a C2. Both these categories are now sold out.  Not sure if I qualify for the extra OBC. Can’t rebook because those categories are unavailable now. Would I be entitled to this extra OBC?

In order to get the extra OBC, you would have to be able to refare your booking. From my understanding you cannot refare a booking if your cabin category is sold out as there is no way to know if your current cabin category price has gone up or down since you originally booked your cruise or the last time you refared it. In your case I would think it would be the C3 category as that's the cruise fare you're originally booked with. But that's just been my experience when trying to refare a booking.

13 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

My cat has been sold out since the summer when I booked onboard.  My TA was able to reprice/refare for $2600 a couple of weeks ago, and get OBC today.  Give it a try!   

5 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

In order to get the extra OBC, you would have to be able to refare your booking. From my understanding you cannot refare a booking if your cabin category is sold out as there is no way to know if your current cabin category price has gone up or down since you originally booked your cruise or the last time you refared it. In your case I would think it would be the C3 category as that's the cruise fare you're originally booked with. But that's just been my experience when trying to refare a booking.

I was able to do it by going from refundable to NR.  That got me a price break and the 300 OBC.  The $225 price difference was probably less than the original difference between refundable and NR, but I'm good with it.

• Like 1